Topic: Extensions that increase Sensor Strength

Basic extension with rank 5 difficulty raises 3% per level.
Advanced extension with rank 9 difficulti raises 1% per level.

Formula should be:
(Bot sensor strength + ECCMs) * extension bonuses

Re: Extensions that increase Sensor Strength

Why do u whant to kill Ewar? 

1  T4 ECCM reduces a perfect skilled vaga to 40-50% jamming chanse

Cause they want to play erp heavys online.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Astraeaa wrote:

Take 3 coins, that's enough. Choose heads or tails. Throw them all until at least one will hit what you choosed. You'll be surprised as hell.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Astraeaa wrote:

Kill E-war? That's a dream. No LOS, superior range, jamms if they get demobbed by Zeniths and so forth.

Killing is just a dream. I want a something that makes them weaker. ECCM doesn't cut it.

By the way, it's not nearly as easy calculation as 80 sensor strength = 100% jamms and adding 1 ECCM(75 points) is 50-60% jam chance.

Oh dev zoom plz nerf ewar or buff me 85% or my forces are just dps mechs thus we are at a disadvantage plz screw over everyone who spec in ewar for the past 2 years also ban as many accounts on the opposing side even though we're already allied with 90% of the server but say we are not we just defend them increasing any advantage u can for us would be nice I don't wan any opposition I play this game from a pve aspect thx

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

It's pretty balanced if you asked me.  I as a Vagabond pilot have to give up 1 ECM to add a Tuner, and I run a masker.  Which means I am gimped range a little.

ERP Heavys Online are not as fun as you think you should ask a guy named Immortal Death.  *shudders*  I just went all Beastmode.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:
Astraeaa wrote:

Kill E-war? That's a dream. No LOS, superior range, jamms if they get demobbed by Zeniths and so forth.

Killing is just a dream. I want a something that makes them weaker. ECCM doesn't cut it.

By the way, it's not nearly as easy calculation as 80 sensor strength = 100% jamms and adding 1 ECCM(75 points) is 50-60% jam chance.

So whants your point?  it takes morre Ecm to keep u jammed whit less predictability.  2 t4 eccm will crush a vagas strenght and make it morre or less usless and the same goes for zeniths.

do u just whant to be invunrable whit 1 mod fitted?  And trust me after this u will crye abouth Ictus

9 (edited by Burial 2013-12-18 03:20:15)

One ECCM takes jam chance on Vagabond MK2 vs non-ECCM Heavy away about 10%. I did the numbers when my jamming skills were both at 8 or something similar but the jam% with those conditions were about 50% after about 20k jamms.

One ECCM takes 10%, 2 takes about 18%, 3 about 25% off and so on. So you need 3 ECCM to cut the getting jammed chance down to half.

Those tests are done with 0 tuners and not maxed skills.

TerraBit wrote:

do u just whant to be invunrable whit 1 mod fitted?  And trust me after this u will crye abouth Ictus

You don't read at all. There have been many suggestions. Basically a mod that works with 30s/30s timer like detector or a mod that works like masker draining a chunk of your accumulator every second it's active based on your surface size.

Other suggestions are adding LOS to ECM and Jammers. Third is to seperate ECMs into categories of close and long range ones, long range ones being weaker and so on.

...anyway, this thread is actually just about extension that increases sensor strength.

It really sounds as if you are bringing less ewar to the fight than your opponent and you want some way to counter it. If the opponent brings a vaga then bring your own vaga to shut it down. The whole point of ewar is to create a rock, paper, scissors environment to pvp and I think this idea would just enable one bot type, namely heavy mechs, to be the best bot to field in all cases.

It's an endless circle of everyone having to bring more EW to beat another. We have landed into situations where we are fighting against 10-15 EW bots with 4-5 DPS supports.

FACEPALM

You cant have a bot that does everything and prevents other everythings from doing things to it.

Burial wrote:

Basic extension with rank 5 difficulty raises 3% per level.
Advanced extension with rank 9 difficulti raises 1% per level.

Formula should be:
(Bot sensor strength + ECCMs) * extension bonuses

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

TRAIN ewar pilots.

It isnt my fault that you didnt have the foresight to see its use.

Everyone wants to pewpew but nobody wants to do utility jobs.

Too bad

deal with it

Burial wrote:

It's an endless circle of everyone having to bring more EW to beat another. We have landed into situations where we are fighting against 10-15 EW bots with 4-5 DPS supports.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Counter to EW is more EW. You see the paradox here?

15 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-18 04:52:34)

That is 100% not correct and your logic is twisted.

Counter to 20 heavies is 20 heavies.

Counter to ewar is ECCM, other ewar, tactics, other stuff.

I shut down your fleets because I am good at it and I am 100% specced it in.

You guys are all pewpew,

well, guess what, all pewpew doesnt cut it

I have an idea, lets get rid of all the bots in the game except lights.

That is where your warped logic leads us.

Go play WOW or something.

ridiculous

Burial wrote:

Counter to EW is more EW. You see the paradox here?

16 (edited by Burial 2013-12-18 05:09:35)

You know that I'm close to maxed Vaga MK2 right? big_smile

I say it from Vagabond MK2 end that EW is overpowered. Don't be so dramatic, Gunner, I don't want to take away your toys. I just aknowledge they are overpowered and either need a nerf or there needs to be some sort of counter that actually works without sacrificing 3 head slots.

There is a counter, it was figured out and fielded 2-3 years ago. But since PVP isn't your forte, I can understand how you haven't figured it out yet and resort to metagaming the Devs.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

There is a counter, it was figured out and fielded 2-3 years ago. But since PVP isn't your forte, I can understand how you haven't figured it out yet and resort to metagaming the Devs.

Don't think ECM tuners were around 2-3 years ago...

Just sayin..

So let's take a look a little bit closer. Fleet A consists of some LR bots and bunch of vaga/zeniths. Fleet B should deal with those ewar attacks, which are: supressing and ecm. Counter to ecm is eccm. Counter to supressing is sensor amps. To counter 2x supressors you need at 2x sensor amps, that makes 2 slots out. To counter ecm (which can be trhown in unlimited) you need at least 2x eccm, that makes other 2 slots out. Now you need to deal with LR dps...whoops no headslots left.

That forces fleet B to just few possible solutions. One is to use followbots to get RSA and free 2 headslots - we already have a thread about that. Another is to bring equal or greater number of ewars and fit dps in long range, which will force fleet A to bring even more ewars, which will force fleet B bring even more ewars etc etc.

Problem 1: it forces players to play in a very specific style, which is odd for a sandbox.

Problem 2: game should be renamed into Project Ewarium.

Possible solutions are all listed here, I'll just add one more: Change ECM mechanics in a next way: once activated, it does nothing until cycle lasts. Victim sees that in a similar way as supressor effect. Once cycle is ended, it throws the dices, and if succesfull, breaks the lock. Just 2 ECM can be applied to a target, first one have the full EW strength, second one adds a half of it's strength.

Or, we could make them work like guns - need a target to be primary.

Burial wrote:

One ECCM takes jam chance on Vagabond MK2 vs non-ECCM Heavy away about 10%. I did the numbers when my jamming skills were both at 8 or something similar but the jam% with those conditions were about 50% after about 20k jamms.

One ECCM takes 10%, 2 takes about 18%, 3 about 25% off and so on. So you need 3 ECCM to cut the getting jammed chance down to half.

Those tests are done with 0 tuners and not maxed skills.

TerraBit wrote:

You don't read at all. There have been many suggestions. Basically a mod that works with 30s/30s timer like detector or a mod that works like masker draining a chunk of your accumulator every second it's active based on your surface size.

Other suggestions are adding LOS to ECM and Jammers. Third is to seperate ECMs into categories of close and long range ones, long range ones being weaker and so on.

...anyway, this thread is actually just about extension that increases sensor strength.

Did u run 1 ecm for 20.000 cycles? or 5 ?
Can u share the logs and numbers so we  can look at these suposed 20.000 cycled ECMs

I ran ECM about 20k cycles, had 6 on a Vaga. I tried it all with different tuner and ECCM combos too.

23 (edited by TerraBit 2013-12-18 12:44:57)

Burial wrote:

I ran ECM about 20k cycles, had 6 on a Vaga. I tried it all with different tuner and ECCM combos too.

Logs?   altho whit 6 jamers u have 6 chanses to hit making not as broken as u make it out to be...

And whit 2 Remote sensor amps / Amplifiers u are relocking in 3 seconds

TerraBit wrote:
Burial wrote:

Logs?   altho whit 6 jamers u have 6 chanses to hit making not as broken as u make it out to be...

Now watch the hands. 6 jammers with 50% hit chance - in most cases 3 of them will work. That makes you losing the lock each 3,33 seconds so even with 2x SA and locking time you'll be simply unable to lock and perform a shoot without any risk to smach your keyboard.

And that we didn't even took sensor supressors into the calculation.

Line wrote:
TerraBit wrote:
Burial wrote:

Now watch the hands. 6 jammers with 50% hit chance - in most cases 3 of them will work. That makes you losing the lock each 3,33 seconds so even with 2x SA and locking time you'll be simply unable to lock and perform a shoot without any risk to smach your keyboard.

And that we didn't even took sensor supressors into the calculation.

yes and now ur soacking up all the ecm of 1 vagabond whit 6 ecm witch makes the rest of ur fleet untuched get it?
even fitting 6 on a vaga is unrealistic.

6 mods vs 1...... still dont get it?