926 (edited by Hunter 2013-09-17 02:18:50)

Re: Spark Teleports

my invest to the topic. woohoo 38th! smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Ville wrote:

We could discuss what Xadhoom thinks about the Russian Community.

I don't think anyone cares. Well, except CHAOS, but you know, there already was no excape....

Back to the topic, I still think that PvP flag should be increased and BS removed.

Xadhoom wrote:

1. increase the number of sparks 20, create advance spark teleport skill.
2. allow to sparking with your active bot.

I wants these, zoom make it happen

increase the number of sparks 40, allow spark any assets and transporting any stuff from field container to any terminal, where set spark.

FU.

Chemist wrote:
Xadhoom wrote:

1. increase the number of sparks 20, create advance spark teleport skill.
2. allow to sparking with your active bot.

I wants these, zoom make it happen

increase the number of sparks 40, allow spark any assets and transporting any stuff from field container to any terminal, where set spark.

FU.

That's pretty much how a cooldown sounds to me...

930 (edited by Chemist 2013-09-17 14:57:09)

I'll try to translate their thoughts. 2 variants using SPARK: fixed (like now) and the use of additional (new type) telebeacon (TB). Additional TB may be installed on the beta or gamma islands (maybe Alpha too). Using the unused Sparks, we can jump on the TB on the shortest path using the current system of teleports. For example: We on Hershfield. We need to jump to Greensward. The shortest route is through Attalika->Tellesis->Novastrov->TB (Greensward). So, to get on Greensward, we need 4 unused SPARKS. If we already have a SPARKS on Attalika and Novastrov (for example), we will only have 2 unused SPARKS (to jump to Tellesis and to TB (Greensward)).
Available SparkTP will show in Agent Profile, like terminal: Telebeacon xxx,yyy (Greensward) - 4 jumps. Work only in squad.

Prior to the introduction of teleports, we have coordinated their forces that were on different islands. It was interesting. Now we just jump to where we want to. Using such a capsule, we will be able to coordinate the attack as before, but will be easier. After all, in the future, you may need more than 10 jumps, and for this we need more than 1 capsule.

There was 2 main thoughts:

1) Limit SpT for all alphas and corp-owned gammas only. For betas, implement these, let's call them, tunnel beacons. There should be 2 types of them - an entrance and an exit. Both should require expanded warmup and life time, jump interval is debateable. Add a new extension, each level of it should increase max jump range. Back to the beacons: deploy entrance anywhere, then deploy one or more exits. Limit usage for squads. Player can jump from entrance to any exit if it's in his jump radius - but not vice versa. Both beacons are destroyable, both can be deployed in PvP areas only.

2) player-built stationary teleports - beta and gamma type. Gamma type teleports are constructable as other buildings, need to be connected to the energy lines, teleport network is manageable. Beta teleports, on other hand, can be deployed with 2km radius restrictions, work as those non-connected stationary teleports we have now, but require energy for working - says, you feed it with energy cells (additional usage for them) or even robot energy transferers, and it works until out of energy - then you need to refuel it again. Both beta and gamma type teleports should be destructable and should weight enough to use at least a sequer to carry them (like interzones)

Please close thread.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Please close thread.

don't be greedy, sweetie, you spammed it so much, we are jealous.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

So your deliberately derailing to troll this thread.  Got it.  EASY SOLUTION:  Global 4 hr cool down.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

So your deliberately derailing to troll this thread.  Got it.  EASY SOLUTION:  Global 4 hr cool down.

No, one of #931

Free power projection needs to be nerfed, global cooldowns or anything alone these lines would be fine.

937 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-10-27 22:58:57)

srry for the Necro, but i think they should just remove the spark teleport mechanic before steam, of course none of us want to loose an easy mode mechanic, i know i dont, but we have to loose that mechanic before steam, because when that happens no one is gonna want to go out and PvP because people who are just out doing the sandcastle circle jerk will hear like "guys theres, an assault bot here" and next thing you know, BAM, about a minute later or so your immediatly to that location all the way from gamma with about 50 other people and that assault gets ***, then bam one more player out of the game, fuuu

and the spark teleporting system will just lead to way more station camping then actual PvP, spark teleporting also makes the thing of roaming a pain, people move around alot less so theres even less PvP. STC and friends will already go against this idea and recommend more sparks because they want easy mode, their not wrong to want it, its only natural, but again, its unhealthy to the game, when you can be from in the middle of gamma or alpha or somethin to a PvP station fight in a minute, sure it might lead to one or 2 big station hotdrop engagements but overall spark teleporting is one of the base mechanics that will screw PvP and make everything one big turtle when you always know there will be 30-100 people ready to spark and hotdrop on your ***, i know traveling would be a royal *** pain but hey, least there would still be bloodsparks cool

Epriton patch will fix the problem some but to do something with spark teleport other then the *add more sparks for extra turtle solution* would make things better, it would also show who are true cowards, that goes specificly for the motto "evolve or die" of a certain corp, im sure you guys would be able to evolve just fine if spark teleports were removed lol

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

938 (edited by Burial 2013-10-27 23:57:45)

Increase robot movement speed accross the board, reduce Tele Beacon volumes and spin-up time and I would happily live without Spark Teles.

The only reason I cling to Spark Teles is because movement otherwise is such a pain. I literally need to move from island to island all the time. Missions here, gamma base here, beta base here, allie needs help here.. jump and jump and jump.

The scenario you told here is just an outcome of too good mobility.

Like Tux said a while ago: Spark Teleport has been a band-aid from the start. By improving the movement system so it's faster to cross bigger areas(but with a certain predictable delay!), Spark Teles could pretty much be deleted from the game.

21 minutes of telebeacon warmups to move from one gamma base to my other... Not a lot of people will pay a monthly sub to spend 30 minutes of their hour or two a night of game time, waiting on tele beacons... Spark teleport stays.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

ah there we are, most of the newbies are not even gonna be on gamma, think of it, do we want to lose 10 angry vets who cant get around gamma, or 100 angry newer players who tried PvP and got a taste of spark teleport hotdrop, you decide

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

ah there we are, most of the newbies are not even gonna be on gamma, think of it, do we want to lose 10 angry vets who cant get around gamma, or 100 angry newer players who tried PvP and got a taste of spark teleport hotdrop, you decide

but those newbies sooner or later will turn in vets....in really angry vets who will not have SpT

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

942 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-10-28 15:30:25)

Line wrote:
BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

but those newbies sooner or later will turn in vets....in really angry vets who will not have SpT

maybe but SpT can also lead to more angry vets, because like i said, who would want to leave terminal to even go roaming or something when 100 people will immediatly be there to make that person's life ***

Edit: Oh and also.... Spark teleporting does encourage blob warfare, it kinda turns into a hey, "i can tele spark a bigger blob then you to a PvP engagement!" type deal, the chances of a huge station fight could happen but at the same time, people dont like their fights under stations. People will think otherwise but my current opinion is just remove spark teleporting and maybe workout something from burial's suggestions

943 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-10-28 15:31:55)

Dear god, not this stupid argument again.  We have bigger problems in this game than the spark tele system.  How bout we let the DEV's work on the stuff they already have on there plate.

Martha you guys have probably a trillion epriton right now and the rest of the server don't. Your hardly an independent in the discussion about spark impact. It is vastly in your coalitions interests to have sparks - and therefore a stranglehold on its supply.

This is another industry change that without a corresponding spark nerf will drive old players from the game and widen the already cataclysmic gulf between vets and noobs

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

And now Success is a bad thing.

Shame on you Martha.  Shame.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Burial wrote:

Increase robot movement speed accross the board, reduce Tele Beacon volumes and spin-up time and I would happily live without Spark Teles.

The only reason I cling to Spark Teles is because movement otherwise is such a pain. I literally need to move from island to island all the time. Missions here, gamma base here, beta base here, allie needs help here.. jump and jump and jump.

The scenario you told here is just an outcome of too good mobility.

Like Tux said a while ago: Spark Teleport has been a band-aid from the start. By improving the movement system so it's faster to cross bigger areas(but with a certain predictable delay!), Spark Teles could pretty much be deleted from the game.

I agree with this totally.

Martha Stuart wrote:

Dear god, not this stupid argument again.  We have bigger problems in this game than the spark tele system.  How bout we let the DEV's work on the stuff they already have on there plate.

It's only an argument if you argue. Just sit quietly like me and see what happens.

Tick tock, steam incoming

That one forum warrior

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

very funny. even if you could do that it will only work once. and if it works ppl will adeps and not throw you a blob to kill 2 bots and keep the rest in reserve.

Quoted from Page 5 of this fine threadnought

I have not seen people adapt like this zortarg, i have seen alot more excuses then usual lol

FYI could not help but quote this piece of work fuuu

950 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-10-29 09:24:44)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

very funny. even if you could do that it will only work once. and if it works ppl will adeps and not throw you a blob to kill 2 bots and keep the rest in reserve.

Quoted from Page 5 of this fine threadnought

I have not seen people adapt like this zortarg, i have seen alot more excuses then usual lol

FYI could not help but quote this piece of work fuuu

beast, you should not judge others by your own standards. just because you are not the best at adepting to situations does not mean others also cant do.

maybe we should leave the thinking to the horses. i have heard they have bigger brains.