Re: Spark Teleports

Your doing a great job!  Said the 10 people  still playing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Being able to be in 10 strategic locations almost instantly is a HUGE advantage for a group that has numerical superiority.

Rex Amelius wrote:

is a HUGE advantage for a group that has numerical superiority.

Rex Amelius wrote:

for a group that has numerical superiority.

So thaaaats the point of this 33-paged epic poem. Let me translate it: "Dear DEVs, once we had numbers, and spark tp was our advantage. We failed to hold those numbers, and lost them, and as a result, lost that advantage. Now please, remove it from those other guys too, because we don't want them to have it and can't get the numbers."

So here is the simpliest solution for you guys: get your numbers, bots, whatever else you need, you know, just play the game, or just leave it.

.....  Not this again .....  More Corperation dialogue conveluding the fact there's a broken mechanic that will only intensify with more population.

829 (edited by Burial 2013-09-11 13:09:27)

The issue is people like you who don't have anything constructive to say. I think by just removing people like you would be a good thing.

Right now you:
1. Don't have a clue how the game is played.
2. Absolutely no clue about Spark Teleport.
3. Want to survive Betas and Gammas with less work.
4. Complete lack of respect towards others.

Possible solutions:
1. Move PHM to seperate server with 12 and 62nd.

830 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-11 15:10:42)

Name me a game with 'stealth instant travel anywhere', that's any good.

RIP PERPETUUM

831 (edited by Line 2013-09-11 15:26:10)

Celebro wrote:

Name me a game with 'stealth instant travel anywhere', that's any good.

It's not stealth, because you're shown up at both starter and ending terminal, and then you need to reach it somehow with your foots to set a target.

It's not actually instant because you need to get there first to set a spark tp target, then you need to bring bots.

It's not an actually travel because you can't take anything with you on spark tp, just a spark.

And then it's not anywhere, because you can't get to the stations where you don't have a spark tp target, and you can't get inside a terminal to set that target, if you or your friends not holding that terminal.

So name me a game where everything you listed does really present.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

It's not stealth, because you're shown up at both starter and ending terminal, and then you need to reach it somehow with your foots to set a target.

Once its set to target, no way to intercept, no travel necessary this gives advantage to large forces, therefore stealth.

Line wrote:

It's not actually instant because you need to get there first to set a spark tp target, then you need to bring bots.

Again once you set spark you have instant travel, you dictate time of travel which is OP.

Line wrote:

It's not an actually travel because you can't take anything with you on spark tp, just a spark.

Travelling with a spark is still travel, if you undock with bots you effect the game instantly from one side of the world to another. If there was no undock allowed then you would be correct, mostly.

Line wrote:

And then it's not anywhere, because you can't get to the stations where you don't have a spark tp target, and you can't get inside a terminal to set that target, if you or your friends not holding that terminal.

10 targets: 6 betas 2 alphas and 2 gammas, practically anywhere , even more with multiple accounts. Again OP.

RIP PERPETUUM

All I know is hauling *** to Imidero yesterday, from Hersh, took 45 minutes. And there were several opportunities to gank me along the way. Of course people need to play the game. SpT instant anywhere, my ***.

Ville you are just trolling to get as many pages as possible. Maybe if you listed some reasons for your cooldown people might listen. I listed in this thread several reasons in one or 2 posts why Epi to Beta only was good .. Lo and behold ...
I wonder if I spammed "Epi to Beta only!!!" 74 times if it would have the same result.

And Celebro, Arga, Lemon, and any other non-trolling intelligent person who is trying to make a case for SpT cooldown, some food for thought ...

Epi to Beta only should accomplish more of what you are hoping a SpT cooldown would bring.
And why do you ignore the fact that Gamma introduction was far more responsible for the decines in game rather than SpT? Almost every factor you argue caused by SpT can be equally argued to have been caused by the introduction of Gamma. And in fact Gamma was the cause.  Please by all means, give me a counter argument that these issues are SpT related and not Gamma related.

You are guessing how we use SpT for power projection currently. Can 5 guys control all of Beta with SpT. Sure. But not because of SpT but because there are only 2 guys opposing us. 6 guys would render our 5's control useless very quickly. Don't guess, use facts. Any cooldown beyond a nominal 5 minutes or so (like what we currenty have for mobile teleports) is not needed. If anything oncrease the coat to SpT to 10 000 nic per jump, not enough to kill a noobs financially but enough to discourage 75 jumps in 10 monutes out of boredom.

Burial wrote:

The issue is people like you who don't have anything constructive to say. I think by just removing people like you would be a good thing.

Right now you:
1. Don't have a clue how the game is played.
2. Absolutely no clue about Spark Teleport.
3. Want to survive Betas and Gammas with less work.
4. Complete lack of respect towards others.

Possible solutions:
1. Move PHM to seperate server with 12 and 62nd.

This is pure rage at its finest.  lol

This is almost as good as Hunter after ERPs were nerfed.  Lolol.

Respect is earned not given and in my eyes you've done nothing to gain my respect.  Even battling head to head with Sharkwolf, Mara and Balf long ago I had respect for them.  Not you.  I respect Spymodeguns more than you.

Cassius wrote:

All I know is hauling *** to Imidero yesterday, from Hersh, took 45 minutes. And there were several opportunities to gank me along the way. Of course people need to play the game. SpT instant anywhere, my ***.

Ville you are just trolling to get as many pages as possible. Maybe if you listed some reasons for your cooldown people might listen. I listed in this thread several reasons in one or 2 posts why Epi to Beta only was good .. Lo and behold ...
I wonder if I spammed "Epi to Beta only!!!" 74 times if it would have the same result.

And Celebro, Arga, Lemon, and any other non-trolling intelligent person who is trying to make a case for SpT cooldown, some food for thought ...

Epi to Beta only should accomplish more of what you are hoping a SpT cooldown would bring.
And why do you ignore the fact that Gamma introduction was far more responsible for the decines in game rather than SpT? Almost every factor you argue caused by SpT can be equally argued to have been caused by the introduction of Gamma. And in fact Gamma was the cause.  Please by all means, give me a counter argument that these issues are SpT related and not Gamma related.

You are guessing how we use SpT for power projection currently. Can 5 guys control all of Beta with SpT. Sure. But not because of SpT but because there are only 2 guys opposing us. 6 guys would render our 5's control useless very quickly. Don't guess, use facts. Any cooldown beyond a nominal 5 minutes or so (like what we currenty have for mobile teleports) is not needed. If anything oncrease the coat to SpT to 10 000 nic per jump, not enough to kill a noobs financially but enough to discourage 75 jumps in 10 monutes out of boredom.

You need to get *** together.  Martha Stuart suggested epi to Beta only.  I don't need to continuously remind the forums why power projection is bad or why only two sides in a sandbox game is dumb or why being able to scout EVERY island in under 4 hours in one day by one person is bad.  Or why it's fully possible to own every beta station easily.  See the only retort that keeps getting posted is "I'm *** lazy and want easy mode".  But keep at it Cassius!  I'm at the I told you so point.  I'm waiting to see the world burn.  It's a snow ball effect Cassius and its to a point were a *** avalanche is going to slam into ANY force that attempts to stand up to it.

Celebro, even the game lore promotes SpT ... Remember, no "humans" are actually on Nia. Its a spark that remote controls a robot. So of course sparks should move instantly between points. But no physical instant spark. Bots dont move.

What you cannot do, with SpT:

You cannot move items and commodities. Sure, for PvP a Scarab into a terminal supplies all your PvP needs for months. But what about a indy manufacturing or mining operation on Gamma? You are constantly producing aomething that needs to be hauled, you constantly need to haul hauling bots back to the indy site. Much travel is involved. SpT only removes at best half of it.

Ie: I have 5 scarabs of minerals to move
From Imi to Hersh. Travel to Hersh, SpT back, repeat 4 more times, travel back to Imi with a Scarab full of .. Scarabs.

Power projection, of course SpT is an advantage to the defend with moving active players to a controlled Beta outpost in case of a disturbance.  But to do this you first need enough active players with SpT at that exact outpost, and once they are on terrain they cannot SpT elsewhere until they return to station.

So SpT only travels between owned outposts.

THERE IS NO INSTANT TRAVEL WHILE YOU ARE ON TERRAIN
YOU CANNOT TRAVEL TO A STATION YOU ARE LOCKED OUT OF

These are the limitations to SpT and they are quite important.
Using the CURRENT political landscape, our enemies can only SpT to 3 of 18 Beta stations. Therefore our power projection advantage is HUGE over our enemies. Because of SpT? No, because we OWN the stations.
If the enemy played in more numbers we wouldn't own as many and our power projection would be substantially less.

SpT helps, but we don't have what we have BECAUSE of SpT.
This is exactly why your argument to nerf SpT is flawed. You are confusing cause and effect.

Ville wrote:

This is pure rage at its finest.  lol

This is almost as good as Hunter after ERPs were nerfed.  Lolol.

I can't find Hunters post. fuuu

Ville wrote:

You need to get *** together.  Martha Stuart suggested epi to Beta only.  I don't need to continuously remind the forums why power projection is bad or why only two sides in a sandbox game is dumb or why being able to scout EVERY island in under 4 hours in one day by one person is bad.  Or why it's fully possible to own every beta station easily.  See the only retort that keeps getting posted is "I'm *** lazy and want easy mode".  But keep at it Cassius!  I'm at the I told you so point.  I'm waiting to see the world burn.  It's a snow ball effect Cassius and its to a point were a *** avalanche is going to slam into ANY force that attempts to stand up to it.

Because insults work better than no facts. You forget I want the game to succeed. I don't give a rats *** about changing things for the good of STC, I suggest things for the game and I give reasons for it. When all
You post is "4 hour cooldown is fair" then switch it to "8 hour cooldown is fair", with no reason. You're just trolling for pages.

And for the record Epi to Beta only is not my idea exclusively, you're right in that Martha and other have suggested it. i was simply pointing out to you specifically when you post something with actual reasons you have a better chance of getting results.

My point is SpT with no cooldown is not the cause of the game's problems.

I don't know why STC thinks this thread is against them, its not, I like the people at STC and allies.

This only proves the point that larger forces would be hindered by a cool down. It just happens to be STC that are the larger force atm, but it wont remain like that forever, so think about the future, go on your own for a while and see how hard it is to take an OP. Yes, larger forces before STC kept quiet about it, this was wrong to do, but they didn't care before, now they see the problem more clearly.

RIP PERPETUUM

840 (edited by Burial 2013-09-11 16:55:42)

This thread hasn't moved in any direction in past 20 pages. Anyone hoping to archieve anything here is either just trying to troll or kidding himself. smile

Ville wrote:

Or why it's fully possible to own every beta station easily.

It's possible thanks to two reasons working together:

1. Not enough players to oppose us.
2. The way outpost control work.

Ville wrote:

Respect is earned not given and in my eyes you've done nothing to gain my respect.  Even battling head to head with Sharkwolf, Mara and Balf long ago I had respect for them.  Not you.  I respect Spymodeguns more than you.

I'm not talking about me(because I know you respect me) but everyone else, including the devs, who have to waste their time reading your repetitive spam.

Burial wrote:

1. So you just said, its all about the biggest force, this proves my point. This is all about numbers and spark teleport magnifies this advantage.

2. OP owners have the sparking advantage , that is a huge advantage for the largest force.

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes, it's always about bigger force in the end. I think current game state and outpost mechanics magnify that a lot more than sparks though.

Burial wrote:

This thread hasn't moved in any direction in past 20 pages. Anyone hoping to archieve anything here is either just trying to troll or kidding himself. smile

Ville wrote:

Or why it's fully possible to own every beta station easily.

It's possible thanks to two reasons working together:

Ville wrote:

I'm not talking about me(because I know you respect me) but everyone else, including the devs, who have to waste their time reading your repetitive spam.

Don't kid yourself I respect you about as far as I can throw you.

Is it because we killed your base?

I deconned my base.  Want to try again?

Ville wrote:

That's not really that impressive, I should find the Screen Shot for when I deconned Bergers and there was NINE cans.... >.<

Can we get the screenshots here with all the stuff you had to delete?

847 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-11 17:21:05)

Even if you guys allowed anyone to spark in your OP you have a larger force so you would always win the intrusion.

So the name of the game is ' Who can spark more wins'

Edit: You live in Imidero and have an OP in novastrov, if there were no sparks, and had to walk there to defend you will probably say f*** this Im not defending that OP anymore. But right now its as easy as defending brightstone,
Why should it be the same if its further away?

RIP PERPETUUM

Not a single thing was deleted.  It was deconned haul into the second terminal than 7 scarab pilots made 11 trips smile .  So keep trolling away making this thread even more weighed down with STC tears.

849 (edited by Burial 2013-09-11 17:34:12)

Exactly! But the same applies the other way around too. Even without spark teleportation it's a game of whos blob is bigger continuously.

Burial wrote:

Exactly! But the same applies the other way around too. Even without spark teleportation it's a game of whos blob is bigger continuously.

SPT cooldown takes some of that out of the equation but you don't care.