Re: Spark Teleports

Why do we have a 1 hr cooldown on the spark itself but unlimited travel?  What if I wanted the other spark and I accidentally clicked another.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

1 hr cooldown is beyond fair.

Burial wrote:

Same island sparking is not an issue.

If you mean today, then yes.

Back when there were lots of players, it was typical that one Island was controlled by a single alliance.

I was involved in a number of very large battles in the Heydelhorn area. Krunk would have given his left and right nut to be able to spark between the outposts there, and it would have made roaming the island much harder for M2S; mostly because they would have had to deal with every available troop regardless of which TP they entered at.

It doesn't matter if it is same island or multiple island, sparking without timers allows an FC to move the majority of thier forces between outposts quickly. Add in a tp at a few outposts, and you have some serious mobility without having to deal with any local trouble.

But, apparently I know nothing about PVP... i can't be bothered to search for the post arguement I had with M2S about this. If anyone finds it, good on'ya, where I compare knowing how to judge the Mona lisa compared to actually being able to paint it.

Arga you picked the wrong single issue....Station Lockouts, not flags.

This is quickly turning into defends have too much of a advantage.   

They dont.  I can't be bothered to post my arguments, just take me at my word.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Arga you picked the wrong single issue....Station Lockouts, not flags.

They dont.  I can't be bothered to post my arguments, just take me at my word.

I don't need to take your word, I agree, the advantage for an actual attack lies with the attacker; picking when and where to fight is a huge advantage.

You've turned this thread toward 'too much adv. for defenders' by mentioning it, but I'm not biting.

Unlimited sparking promots blobbing, that's all I'm sayin.

Its like my words read completely differently for some reason.

But thanks for agreeing with me.  (FYI, its only blobbing when your losing.  Its only running away like little ***, when your losing.)

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

457 (edited by Arga 2013-08-16 00:44:05)

Merkle wrote:

Its like my words read completely differently for some reason.

But thanks for agreeing with me.  (FYI, its only blobbing when your losing.  Its only running away like little ***, when your losing.)

I think you mean it's valid tactical warfare, unless the enemy brings the same or more to the fight, then they are blobbing, even if your side wins.

Edit; That's a rhetorical 'you/your' not a specific anyone

458 (edited by Lemon 2013-08-16 01:52:45)

Merkle wrote:

You make it sound like you are going to lose something vital? Prior to sparking as the defender you had to either blood-port or be there to engage/defend. Now you are able to arrive and re-deploy as needed to maintain the upper-hand at all times.

Having personally fought against "blobs" and being One, seeing congo lines of bots coming from stations as fast as they die. I really doubt limiting the directions they can come at you is game-breaking and will save more than those it harms.

Changing this limits the gap between a experienced veteran and a newer-average player by not allowing me to obviously and freely outmaneuver and out deploy players. My bots shoot farther, Run faster, better hidden, and last longer so go ahead and let me always out position the attacker. They will never get very far if anywhere at all.

ESIT: With station LOCK OUTS the attacker is pants down once he is on your island and spotted. I am very surprised by the players here arguing that the attacker has the strength, when in fact their is not a single thing the attacker could bring that any of you, with that you would not have the EP/Fit to perfectly counter making it useless.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

So, blobbing is now not a terrible move, but a excellent tactical decision.  So this is about your (Edit; That's a rhetorical 'you/your' not a specific anyone. ) inability to make sound tactical decisions.  (Its really not a tactic, this is a strategy.)

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

460 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-16 07:03:49)

Its just about unrealistic movement of mass groups of people as if they were everywhere at one single moment.

I am here.

click

Now, I am here.

click

Now, I am over there.

click

Now, I .....

I didnt do anything or pay anything, but I can be anywhere

As if I was 18 different accounts.

It just bad gaming.   Players love it, but players are weak!

461 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-16 07:12:04)

Its not political for me. It isnt about me or my friends.

It is about unrealistic meta mechanics in this game that will be a great problem for the gameplay as a whole.

Its just so happens we are the only 10 people here. What is happening with this mechanic is outrageous.

.. and keeps food off deves tables too, cant for get that

I give you examples of why it would benefit me as a courtesy and a challenge to you to tell me why it benefits you as it is.  ... but, you dont admit why its better for you.   so much BS around here

You just say, cough, working as intended and if I were in your position, I'd cross my fingers and say the same things too.

I want a challenging future game.

You want easy-mode.

Tux wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Dev Zoom.
I am glad that you are looking at it and could agree with us that something is not balanced here.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We'll certainly have a go at it once we find the time.

This was in reference to changing the PVP timer. not sure if you followed the conversation all the way through wink

Also Gunner,

This little spree of attacking beta outpost saps is possible due to spark teleport in its current form. There's no way you & your friends would be a running all over hells creation to take saps, spark teleport is fun right lol .

Have fun taking saps ... dont burn your self out I know its a lot of work to keep hitting the snooze button on that alarm clock.

and 30 minute pvp timers will make PEOPLE DECIDE what to defend and what to attack.

^^ because the issue is political , effecting your pvp ... spark should stay the same for industry / market uses.

I could take you a bit more seriously if you were actually trying to improve the game rather than change game mechanics to take revenge on your enemies.

@ Lemon no one sparks 10, 20 or more guys into a terminal and then just sparks out ... if 20 guys move by spark theres going to be a fight on the field ... and the 30 minute pvp timer will keep them on the field to make their decision to spark and pvp "worth something" and possibly "cost something"

Such a negative tone, and a cynical outlook for the game.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

On the topic of SAP defense or offense player burn out:

Players on either side whould be burning out if there are only a few, lets say 5.

It should be hard for few to travel from island to island doing SAP stuff.

but it isnt any more.  It used to be.

Now, whether you have 1 station of 15, it is like having just one because you can move from station to station with no penalty,        SKIPPING   space and time therefore eliminating that pesky thing of making decisions.

464 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-16 07:22:54)

This is just the beginning.

If this isn't dealt with in a thoughtful, practical manner, I will continue to point out where it is flawed, forever.

What I am going to work on, however, is better more clear examples of why good or bad for players on both sides.

At some point, the logic of the against argument will be just too much to ignore..

Oh yeah and you dare use the word "cynical", lol wow man talk about pots and kettles

Merkle wrote:

Such a negative tone, and a cynical outlook for the game.

465 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-16 07:29:12)

You have to understand something:

The changes that I am looking for also shoot me in the foot.

The difference is I know its broken and would rather take it fixed than as it is now.

I used the Spark system to make billions.

I used the Spark system to hit and run attack anywhere I wanted.

I used the Spark system to free move anywhere to cut out time and distance.

I used it to invite Azzy and friends to defend my island, which would have been a major pia, otherwise.

The difference between you and I is;

The fun is over, now its time to put things back to where they should have been.

Its like Sparks were a Holiday easter egg that they never took out

Well first, work on stringing together coherent sentences late at night. 

Your bringing up saps because, (Shockly) your losing, again.  If we were to lock down everything it would be harder to do Saps.  We are just such nice guys in STC, that we would rather keep them open for everyone, well until you start doing saps, then all bets are off.  (In before the STC locks people out of stations after they gave, well over a two week grace period to cease hostel actions.)

Its ok gunner, keep jamming that return.

At this point I dont even need to bring up a counter argument, I just have to sit back and watch you go crazy over this non-issue.  Its getting to be quite comical.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

467 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-16 08:47:01)

One Alpha spark.

One Beta spark.

One Gamma spark.

The End.

All other travel, Interzone teles or a new in-the-field future mechanic that we havent seen yet.

You are required to have 5 standings with the Beta, 4 with the Alpha and no requirement with the Gamma other than obvious blue/alliance

This would solve a lot of the issues and be (hopefully easier) to code than a lot of the other ideas.

Merkle:  add to the discussion and stay on topic or dont post here, please.

468 (edited by Merkle 2013-08-16 08:47:11)

Or they could have skill that is linked to sparks.  With about a 5x EP multiplier.  As well as a cost to use it.  fuuu

Sarcasm On.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Two saps same time Kentagura And Novastrov.  I was able to hit both and had time to swing by FD on alsbale.  Then make it to Hokko to help in a fight.  ONE PERSON with access only to just NPC terminals and alpha terms.  Now imagine 100 people doing the same.  Imagine strategically placed 'neutral' outposts on gamma the next island over.  It's a huge problem.

470 (edited by Ville 2013-08-16 15:25:41)

1 hr CD helps.

471 (edited by Burial 2013-08-16 15:53:02)

Nice Ville. When do you expect to take control of any of those outposts?

Where blob is needed, the blob will be, independant of any cooldowns aimed at stop blobbing. In the end, the devs need to think if they want to make beta life easier or harder. If they think living on beta currently is too easy then by all means make it harder for people to defend their territory and give even more advantage to the attackers. If they think betas could need some boost in population then some other mechanic is needed.

How cooldown would affect the game:
- A lot harder logistics on all of the islands.
- People constantly having to wait for cooldown to end, sacrificing their game time.
- People forced to use regular travel that is often practically impossible. (beacons needed vs available cargospace)
- Attackers getting advantage.
- Defending beta islands a lot harder, minor effects on gamma defence.
- Betas even less popular due to increased risk of assaults and lock-out of assets.

Ville, You wouldn't be able to do all that sparking with 30 ~ 60 minute pvp flags

Gunner, keep it up man !!! show just how much pvp can be had with current spark system. And i was serious when i said be careful to not burn out ... I see this with you guys all the time ... you rage rage rage .. dont get your way and then poof . . . your gone for another 3 to 6 months because you dont get what you want / things didnt go your way ... it might be good this time to see you guys stick around for a bit longer ... big_smile

30/60 minute pvp flags for ALL !!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Merkle wrote:

So, blobbing is now not a terrible move, but a excellent tactical decision.  So this is about your (Edit; That's a rhetorical 'you/your' not a specific anyone. ) inability to make sound tactical decisions.  (Its really not a tactic, this is a strategy.)

Actually I was being snarky, but I wasn't trying to be snarky specifically at Merkle, but the players that are continually calling Blob on the other side. Corp tag does not define who will call 'blob' or not.

See what I get for trying to be civil  *additional snark warning*

Why this is bad.  This will effect gamma too.  12 days for a terminal.  Strategic placement, zipping all around.

I changed my mind, I think we should go to 30 pages. 20 Was too easy.