Re: Fix the follow bots

Annihilator wrote:

simply - the game is set up this way, the majority of the remaining playerbase wants it that way, and DEVs said players will do it because the can and nothing on their side will change that.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ount-only/

There is your answer... and if any nexus ever goes to manual cycle I quit and so does every other multi-account  pilot in the game. Hunter your post rate for good ideas is below 50% as of late.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

27 (edited by Annihilator 2013-03-19 13:05:12)

its actually 90% playing around with numbers, and 10% coding to make the game multiplayer instead of multiboxing.

the aproach command is the least important factor in that!

just a little hint - demob, ewar, RSA or NEXUS:
-> no line of sight,
-> no meaningfull micromanagement
-> no twitch
-> lots of EP necessary that doesnt have any synergy for single player
=
followbot alt account.

those factors can be tweaked, rather easily, with lots of trial&error testing. (even that is not possible for the DEV doing that because it would need rather constant restarting of the single DEV-Server instance. Number changes cannot be done in realtime AFAIK)

Yet, as i pointed out in my last post - as long as the DEVs themselfs don't aknowledge that the major advertising factor of the perpetuum pvp fanbase is actually the twitch factor that makes it different from EVE -> any idea towards that direction is pointless.

*edit* the above is just a small quick example, just scratching a bit on the surface...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Lobo wrote:

There is your answer... and if any nexus ever goes to manual cycle I quit and so does every other multi-account  pilot in the game. Hunter your post rate for good ideas is below 50% as of late.

Oh no! only not you! Please....

Come on buddy... Are you really blind? You plays the beta game. So even if everyone will leave the game - nobody will care on it.

If DeVs not blind - they will change gameplay. Else the game will die (with your follow bots together). We already have boredom in universe - EVE. All lovers of stupid mining there. The other ppl need something more than alpha strike key which need push once.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

29 (edited by Cassius 2013-03-19 21:46:59)

Hunter wrote:

... If DeVs not blind - they will change gameplay. Else the game will die (with your follow bots together). We already have boredom in universe - EVE. All lovers of stupid mining there. The other ppl need something more than alpha strike key which need push once.

Old drone region Russian Macro miner detected ....

fuuu  lol

Cassius wrote:
Hunter wrote:

... If DeVs not blind - they will change gameplay. Else the game will die (with your follow bots together). We already have boredom in universe - EVE. All lovers of stupid mining there. The other ppl need something more than alpha strike key which need push once.

Old drone region Russian Macro miner detected ....

fuuu  lol

Nah...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

why would i be punish just because i worked hard to buy 2 full pc s and practice enough to run 2 accounts together?  btw u need to research what pay 2 win is .....   taking aproach command away would be dumb just in general,  I am against running software to be able to multibox that is using 3rd party software but if  u do it manually what the problem

32 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-03-27 18:43:15)

i'm just curious jaz,  why the need for 2 pc's?  Cant you just run 2 clients on 1 pc? 

My old system was a core 2 duo with an 8800 gtx.  It was a low end system, and it ran 3 clients perfectly fine.

33 (edited by JasAlt 2013-03-27 21:35:17)

i can run 2 in one pc yes but why when i can be watching 2 screens and be in 2 places at one time.   i can run 4 clients no issues in both pcs but i just do that when afk mining also its easier if running two active characters to multi task not just set rsa / transfer/ repper and leave it running  i dont like to play video games but full screen.   and this has nothing to do with the topic tbh

Lets add more plants in this game, that will fix those pesky follow bots lolol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.