1 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-18 14:49:07)

Topic: Fix the follow bots

The game became pay to win type long time ago. This is annoying. I ask to stop this obvious disbalance.
There are need to fix follow bots. It should be useless in PvP.
Q: How to fix?
A: Switch off auto cycles of offencive/support eqipment when PvP flag is active (weapons, jammers, neuts, remote repairers, etc).

There could be problems with RSA. But actually not. Just need increase effect time x4 and decrease cycle timers.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Fix the follow bots

So what happens when someone is extremely good at multi boxing and someone else isn't?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I would like to get DeV's answer. If they will claim perp "pay to win" type - okay.

Why the crybabies wins?

It's not pay to win, its a different play style, that you may or may not be good at.  Demob and ECM a follow bot and see how useful they become to a player.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Ville wrote:

It's not pay to win, its a different play style, that you may or may not be good at.  Demob and ECM a follow bot and see how useful they become to a player.

so weapons should shoot by itself? And should win that guy who paid more subscriptions?

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

so weapons should shoot by itself? And should win that guy who paid more subscriptions?

Kinda like gamma turrets?

Ville wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Kinda like gamma turrets?

That's why you dislikes idea. It's hard to take gamma bases without alts. But i think that problem should be solved by other ways.

For example i have 10 ppl in corp and you have 10 ppl. My ppl do not use alts instead of your. So your corp will have unfair advantage.

Why the crybabies wins?

9 (edited by Heliaso 2013-03-18 15:23:43)

No problem for me , if Devs refound my money for my second account because i take it only for RR/RE.

Remove approach command and followbots are solved. Some people can multibox, some people can't - that's fine.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I dislike the idea because I use multiple accounts.  Why because it saves me TIME.  Time is a precious commodity for me.  It's not about just a follow bot it's about time and population and enabling a small group of people to engage larger groups.  Hunter I understand your argument but honestly can it be done at current population?  The answer is simply no.

Heliaso wrote:

No problem for me , if Devs refound my money for my second account because i take it only for RR/RE.

You paid for account to have unfair advantage compare to fair players who uses 1 account in PvP. You played enough and got enough profit with it. More than you not been banned for exploit using. So you should be happy.

Why the crybabies wins?

13 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-18 15:47:14)

Ville wrote:

I dislike the idea because I use multiple accounts.  Why because it saves me TIME.  Time is a precious commodity for me.  It's not about just a follow bot it's about time and population and enabling a small group of people to engage larger groups.  Hunter I understand your argument but honestly can it be done at current population?  The answer is simply no.

How it saves your time? You kill enemy faster? smile But this is not fair advantage. Every follow bot can replace real player on the field. The squads not use dedicaded armor repairers - alts only. I even not talk about nexus and detectors. The game should be equal for everyone.
If you talk about PvE - there wont be a problem. I asked to disable autocycles only for PvP flagged chars.

About population - you wont solve the problem by such way - using multiboxed veteran accounts against new solo casual players.

It's better to solve problem now. Else you have a time bomb.

Why the crybabies wins?

So multi boxer risks +2 Bots in pvp ,you only risk 1, seems quite fair to me. I personally don't like to multi box though.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

So multi boxer risks +2 Bots in pvp ,you only risk 1, seems quite fair to me. I personally don't like to multi box though.

There are risk only for multiboxed peaceful miners on beta. smile Combat chars decreases their risk with multibox.

Why the crybabies wins?

16 (edited by Kokomut 2013-03-18 15:59:42)

Following your logic, people who have more time to play in a given day be restricted as well because it is an advantage? maybe we should just limit everyone to 1 hour play everyday.

Hunter wrote:

More than you not been banned for exploit using. So you should be happy.

What exploit did i use ? Each time that Devs accused me , they did their apologizes for their mistakes.

18 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-18 16:34:06)

Kokomut wrote:

Following your logic, people who have more time to play in a given day be restricted as well because it is an advantage? maybe we should just limit everyone to 1 hour play everyday.

Nope. I not ask about total nerf. Alts will save their functions for PvE. And of course old veterans should have advantage because of older subscription.

Heliaso wrote:

What exploit did i use ? Each time that Devs accused me , they did their apologizes for their mistakes.

Exploit is: you have unfair advantage by using multiple accounts in PvP especially against solo (fair) players or squads where ppl uses one account per human as well.
This is not justify you that many ppl doing same. BTW i remind you not banned. So be happy.

Why the crybabies wins?

This mulitboxing 'issue' never comes up in that other game, removing approach command does not make the game any better.

Next time you see a follow bot assume it's human player because 1. sub has been paid 2. You see more than 1 bot in landmarks. 3. You can get 2 kills instead of 1.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

This mulitboxing 'issue' never comes up in that other game, removing approach command does not make the game any better.

Next time you see a follow bot assume it's human player because 1. sub has been paid 2. You see more than 1 bot in landmarks. 3. You can get 2 kills instead of 1.

I repeat: Nope. I not ask about total nerf. Alts will save their functions for PvE. And of course old veterans should have advantage because of older subscription.

I call for fair PvP with equal conditions for everyone. Nobody should be able multiple his power by using multiple accounts.

Why the crybabies wins?

simply - the game is set up this way, the majority of the remaining playerbase wants it that way, and DEVs said players will do it because the can and nothing on their side will change that.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ount-only/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

So if it's that big of a problem, remove ability to follow or remove ability to follow AND cycle modules at the same time. It's the only thing allowing account-stacking to become a widespread "bring 3 accounts to PVP or don't bother" occurence.

There is a reason why we call them FOLLOWBOTS.

I'm personally looking forward to the maiden voyage of the good ship Steamtanic once the peeps from there realize they'll be payin ~20-30$ a month for a good number of months before they can get competitive outside of being barely adequate cannon fodder.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

So if it's that big of a problem, remove ability to follow or remove ability to follow AND cycle modules at the same time. It's the only thing allowing account-stacking to become a widespread "bring 3 accounts to PVP or don't bother" occurence.

I'm personally looking forward to the maiden voyage of the good ship Steamtanic once the peeps from there realize they'll be payin ~20-30$ a month for a good number of months before they can get competitive outside of being barely adequate cannon fodder.

RAWR = prime example.

lets remove Hunters instead

Syndic wrote:

Where is difference? You repeat my idea just to make it useless in combat (because of switching to manual control).

Syndic wrote:

1) If you look backward, you will see that we wait miracle 2 years.
2) There wont be a problem with extra 20-30$ because of ppl will use alts in pve to reimburse their losts in PvP faster.

Why the crybabies wins?