Re: Give us the future

Throwing everyone back into the mix with he same disparities would not solve the problem.  The greatest platform to market a game like this on would be the next generation of 'tablet PCs'(many could run it if supported) as they offer a means through which people could stay active in game life and real life.

As to the state of the game: it's screwed.  Terraforming is so blatently game breaking I find it hard to understand why it hasn't been scaled down.  A sandbox is one thing... building a citadel of exclusion is another.  It's just not fun and takes too much time for the reward. 

Reboot or the endis nigh; and use the Steam Greenlight kudos yto look for a multi-platform investment partner.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Being able to completely close off islands was a bad idea.

Vroom wrote:

If only someone had told the Devs this would happen before gamma went live......

29 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-04-14 07:09:27)

Tund Bungler wrote:
Vroom wrote:

If only someone had told the Devs this would happen before gamma went live......

Oh yes IF ONLY.... OH WAIT:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … raforming/
(1 of a few threads on the subject on the test forums only)

But lets be honest no one knew how TFing was going to be used before the test server came out. Oh crap thats right:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … raforming/

Now lets have a look at some of the posts made in that thread which was made before any real detail was given to us by the DEVs.

Alexander wrote:

People will terraform themselves into an island leaving at most 1 entrance that will be easily guarded and defended.

But Alexander must have been the only person saying this...

Arga wrote:

can't open those at work, but I think i get the general idea. But, you can still block off the beach with a series of walls.

So, you have this case, where either the attacking party has to have mechs to blow the walls and/or terraforming bots to change the landscape.

There's going to be a number of TP's. If left alone, eventually corps will get around to making some kind of hinderence at all the gates. But they also have to be working on mining and getting the pbs flattened too.

I can see corps dropping ALOT of walls on day 1, then terraforming around them.

If there are a lot of new islands, its possible that some corps will be left alone long enough to build massive fortresses. If there are only a few new islands, then there's just going to be too much traffic, thier time will be split between defense, building, and gathering.

& again...

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Arga wrote:

So, up to this point -

The only real OMG didn't you see that coming problem with terraforming seems to be using it to generate impassable terrain around all the external teleporters.

Is this really going to be an issue, and if so, what can the devs do (short of not releasing TF) to combat that possibilty?

I was thinking about this arga... first off we will not be able to terrform the beach line of an island. so all external TPs should be built with in 1000m of the shore line. this will stop a player from "mountain in" an External TP as an example...

Having this imo would be bad
Example A: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1_B8 … hFtlg/edit

However by placing external TPs on or very close to the none terraformable beach line an island owner has to make a choice:
Example B: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1cPh … edit?pli=1
OR
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1DEy … 4a-dc/edit

the above 2 options still allow the person to mountain in a area, but he cant just do the easy option of locking off a few small areas around a TP. He has to choose.... do i built a massive mountain range or do a mountain off a smaller area that i can defend more easy. Both of these options still leave a portion of the island open.
Now not every Gamma island owner will "seal" off him self from the out side world. but for those that it should take good planning & a lot of effort.

any way thats my 2c so far smile

I would love to keep posting others that said this but hey DEVS didnt listen back then either.

Im at the point to say TFing is so badly implemented AND DESIGNED that it need to be either removed Permanently OR  completely redesigned.

Personally I feel it should be removed for good. However Modular walls get a rethink on how they work so they become an integral part of Gamma designs.

But lets be Brutally honest. Avatar Creations doesnt have enough DEVs to fix the many problems this game has & to bring the many mechanics & game functions into the Balance That perpetuum sorely needs While adding the needed new content that the Game is also starving for.

Am I a bitter Vet, Yes I enjoyed this awesome game so much. Im just sick of
1. Waiting so damn long
2. Seeing poor / Bad mechanics implemented into the game ( God if only the devs didnt Pi*s Of Styx a True Hero & defender from S**t game design)
3. Bad GM & DEV interference with the Player run economy & player run corporations & haphazard / whimsical enforcement of game rules.

This is why i now only have 1 Active account Not the 12 i once had.

I feel like a prophet sometimes. This is one of those times. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I feel like a prophet sometimes. This is one of those times. lol

I feel you.

You Know Saying "I Told you so" just doesnt cut it.

what's sad is I'm just saying 'so long and thanks for all the fish'.  Waaay to long a wait for action on obvious issues

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Makes you wonder about June doesn't it. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Makes you wonder about June doesn't it. lol

man, who brought up that rumor about "June" ?

dunno why, but everytime i read that topic title, i hear that song

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear