Re: The mandatory standar teleport beacon (q for DEVS also)

... I didnt want that, sorry guys big_smile

Seriously what Zortarg Calltar pointed out is real porblems and I aslo know that. And I see the biggest problem as "run out or teleport out the half of the fleet". So be care what we will implement.

(btw I dont like the "spark teleport and teleport game Perpetuum, I want back old one :S)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Arga's small scale TP beacon is the best middle ground I think.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

28 (edited by Lemon 2013-02-18 00:54:53)

@Zortag

Valid points but here's How i view it.

A Mobile TP Costs you this.

Cargo
Positioning (3km radar sig)
3Mins to wait
$$

Pro's

Disposable

They may be vastly superior to using a internal teleporter in the open PvP area, This however does not change the fact that a internal TP device can still be benefical and come at different costs.

lets say a Internal Costs you

-Accumulator (drains as charges)
-Growing interference (like your bot turns in to a  scaling interference beacon)
-Radar range for your self/nearby enemies/allies
-some Cooldown
-Charge time

Pro's
Save Cargo
Not a Give away
no $$ (new player accessible)

This opens up easy movement for young players and allows vets to adapt it to there own personal play styles. Not to mention we are leveraging in-game mechanics and adapting them to increase our game-play options.

Not to mention Haulers can just haul....

If a bot is going to get away with a TP beacon it will get away with a Internal Beacon the difference is 1 will force them to stick around the other can be used as even bait or decoy's

Imagine if a fleet laid decoy TP's and moved another 2km's and internal Tp'ed to throw off a pursuing fleet. It just adds more dynamics to the current game-play and i think would spice it up nicely if done correctly.

EDIT: Imagine if a fleet can stealth counter a running fleet's TP's with Internals or Vise versa. If a pursuer were to use his internal to counter a external beacon TP a fleeing pursuer could turn the tables and attack with the penalties of the Internal inflicting on a larger force

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

29 (edited by Merkle 2013-02-18 03:53:35)

I really don't believe this will be going anywhere, unless its only for certain bots.  That are extreamly specialized.

Think Jump Freighter in Eve.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

I really don't believe this will be going anywhere, unless its only for certain bots.  That are extreamly specialized.

Think Jump Freighter in Eve.

Gah i hate doing this... nearly as bad as agreeing with syndic tongue But i have to agree with Merkle. roll

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

You're telling that as if atm you're unable to teleport away all the fleet or half of it. If proper made and balanced, all the difference will be that you actually CAN'T teleport away from the middle of the battle - your robot should be not locked to initiate jump sequence that means you should move away (if you can) before you start to, and then wait until it charged before you actually jump - same as we place tp beacon near the battlefield to jump away. Then you need to wait until your jump module is charged - same as we wait until tp deacon charges up. And any lock breaks that sequence (similar to safe-logoff break) - same as enemy can destroy your tp beacon. NIC sink? Screw that, plasma-chargeable tp modules are the same NIC sink, even better because it forces you to farm at least a little. Everyone will jump here and there all day long? Well, why, Lithus full od Std tp allows you the same. Then your fleet may run out of plasma, fully or partially (especially if jump modules will be plasma color based).

And we can still have deployable tp beacons, they will just become a matter of tactics, not a "waste a cargospace to be able to jump".

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

you know, the whole discussion wouldn't be necessary, if they would:

• simply delete all current highways
    , except the one long one on shinjalar,

• open the highway effect layer in photoshop and draw new ones in that make sense:
    connecting point of intrests in as straight as possible lines.
    POI are Terminals/outposts and Inter-island teleport stations

• go back into the game in godmode, delete all highway decoration buildings

• place highway decoration buildings along the new highways

• remove all in-island-teleporter buildings, and place new ones as close as possible to terminals and outposts, and a few spread across the islands in places that are far away from the new highways and outposts.

Goal should be: highways are used to get from terminal to terminal/outpost, or for inter-island transit. using them should be the fastest and most convinient method of travel. Add NPCs of different sizes (sequer, lithus, scarab) that travel along those lines to provide follow-targets.

inner island teleports should bring you fast from a terminal or outpost out into the open areas. walking out there with the slowest heavy mech should not be faster then using the teleporter connection (as it is now in 90% of cases). For example, the Radholm teleporter should be within 300m of the Radholm outpost, not 10km away

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well with the Highway netowrk you have 2 options.
1. connect that main external & internal TPs
2. Create a Proper HWY network that covers the whole Island Aswell as joining up with TPs.

As the network stands right now I picked my top 3 problem islands.

shinjala:
http://i50.tinypic.com/10fyiyv.png

Daoden
http://i50.tinypic.com/2aj5imh.png

Attalica
http://i50.tinypic.com/wkffk0.png

those where the islands that stood out to me that lack somewhat.
New Virginia could do with a HWY between FD II & FDI. & a HWY to Lenworth

Tellesis actually is very good as is Hersh for the most part.

But if you want for option 2 then you need to layout the HWY in a way that it opens up all of the alpha islands.

Also i do think all Beta 1 Islands should have HWYs on them like beta 2.

What we crapped on about a long time ago by having beta 1 & 2 different is now i think stupid. give them all HWYS & NPC missions.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Annihilator wrote:

you know, the whole discussion wouldn't be necessary, if they would:

You are absolutely correct. However, as the devs have given feedback on this whilst never discussing problems with the TP network, I'm forced to think that this is the only idea that has a chance of being implemented.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i disagree there a bit.

Tellesis would be VERY good, if the central (kausdam II) teleporter would be placed next to the terminal, on that litle plateu where most Agents place their mobile porters, or do beacon farming.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i disagree there a bit.

Tellesis would be VERY good, if the central (kausdam II) teleporter would be placed next to the terminal, on that litle plateu where most Agents place their mobile porters, or do beacon farming.

Easy mode TP placement? why not just have all TPs in a 1km ring around a terminal then while were at it?

because as it is now, it makes no difference between using the teleporter or walking directly to most points of the islands, for example if you walk to almost any place in weyster port area north of the weyster teleport, your better off walking directly, then walking to the kausdam tele and port there.

38 (edited by Dazamin 2013-02-18 18:22:23)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Easy mode TP placement? why not just have all TPs in a 1km ring around a terminal then while were at it?

Useful Teleports =/= Easy mode. Its not like the current placement forces people to walk to them anyway, as they just use mobile tps.

Today i saw this:
http://youtu.be/zYvMOpV2Rjs

intresting way to analyze stuff and to optimize it - that reminds me of what CRM did after my request long time ago:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … nt=density

40 (edited by Inda 2014-05-12 22:38:29)

Open again!

So make onboad teleport, which need to wait to charge and pay 50 000 NIC to charge up, and when in PVP flag you cant use it simply as that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

OMG, just fix the damn teleport network. Next thing you know we will be warping around on MWDs...
/thread

42 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-05-13 00:01:13)

Possibly worst idea I have ever heard and I am not sure if I am in another dimension right now.

Teleports can be killed, there is a reason for that.

Teleports take up a certain amount of space. There is reason for that.

Teleports tell me someone is going somewhere or someone went somewhere.

Read what Zortorg wrote.

THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS GAME IS THERE WAS NO "WARP OUT" BULLSHIT

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

43 (edited by Inda 2014-05-13 00:16:12)

Can you warp out with 8 minute waiting? I dont get it.

Nothing changes just what we have now and dont need to carry wiht al your bots the teleport beacons, what changes? Nothing I still have in all my cargo teleports...

Energy to Earth!

44 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-13 00:36:04)

Annihilator wrote:

Today i saw this:
http://youtu.be/zYvMOpV2Rjs

intresting way to analyze stuff and to optimize it - that reminds me of what CRM did after my request long time ago:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … nt=density

Fantastic youtube vid. Is this some 3rd party game consultant?

BUT... Why post this Gem in some necro thread? It deserves it's own thread as it can be applied game wide, not just to TP networks.

Create a new thread Anni or this will be missed.

Also BIG FAT -1 to OP

45 (edited by Crepitus 2014-05-13 12:16:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I didn't think this through yet, so this is just theorycrafting:

What if robots had a built-in mobile teleporter like Inda says, and you can only use it when your accumulator is at 100%, and it sucks it completely dry everytime you use it. (No other limits.)

Maybe.

The range of the teleport could be different for all robot classes. More for scouts and transports, less for heavy combat stuff for example.

No.  If you're gonna do something like nerf the *** out of fleets being able to move together you need specialized mech transports and fully fitted mechs allowed in cargo storage.

EDIT: Just noticed this a bad idea necrothread wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

rex, the topic was necroed AFTER my post.

and well, i got my DEV response to that one already somewhere - and they (or was it the remaining community in general chat that time) denied any use for such statistics worth the effort to implement them.

well, even the  firefall devs have a huge screen in their office with market graphs showing the ingame economy (while failed to implement an economy first)

No to adding teleporting to existing mechs, yes to introducing a new teleporting hauler mech.  Introduce it in little steps at a time, it will also make logistics easier for smaller corps on gamma islands when they come back.

I remember the days of hauling Itty V's to deep 0.0 <shudder>

I made a similar suggestion in the features discusson a while ago:

Jita wrote:

These Mk III ideas are based around low dev input but still providing us with some shiny. I'm happy to wait for the real Mk III to come as Mk IV when they are ready while providing us with some more fun in the inbetween.

All of these MK III's would have the same slot layout as a MK II plus one additional benefit below

MK III lights: + the equivalent of 1 t4 damage mod

MK III industrial lights: + the equivalent of 1 t4 LWF

MK III Ewar: + the equivalent of 1 t4 max skilled signal masker

MK III Assault: + the equivalent of 1 t4 evasive mod

MK III Industrial Assault: + the equivalent of 1 t4 evasive mod

MK III Mechs: + internal onboard single zone zeleportt (personal use / 50% reduction in cooloff)

MK III Industrial Mechs: + 50% bonus to terraform speed

MK III Heavy Mechs: + internal onboard inter zone zeleport (personal use / 50% reduction in cooloff)

MK III Industrial Heavy Mechs: + internal onboard inter zone zeleport (Gang use / 50% reduction in cooloff)

MK III Gliders: + internal onboard inter zone zeleport (personal use / 50% reduction in cooloff)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:

I didn't think this through yet, so this is just theorycrafting:

What if robots had a built-in mobile teleporter like Inda says, and you can only use it when your accumulator is at 100%, and it sucks it completely dry everytime you use it. (No other limits.)

The range of the teleport could be different for all robot classes. More for scouts and transports, less for heavy combat stuff for example.

Good idea, and remove sparks then while ur at it, at least get some decent old combat back instead of this current jibberish.

Shadeless wrote:

Good idea, and remove sparks then while ur at it, at least get some decent old combat back instead of this current jibberish.

I agree, but only beta sparks. Without decent remote market/assets management, removing alpha sparks is not the best idea.