1 (edited by Inda 2013-02-16 21:12:37)

Topic: The mandatory standar teleport beacon (q for DEVS also)

My probelm is, the standard teleports are mandatory for me
all of my bots have in hangar at least 1
why we just dont use the new skill or what not to use teleport
I would pay for the same amount of NIC and I would like teleport.

My advice:
Every bot have as many teleport opportunity as you can cargo can hold in 20 minute or so.

And other advice are welcome.

WE cant programm it Devs ? Or just any problem with that?

This problem is remind me a velocity skill. What was ermoved.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: The mandatory standar teleport beacon (q for DEVS also)

+1 good stuff Inda!

RIP PERPETUUM

I didn't think this through yet, so this is just theorycrafting:

What if robots had a built-in mobile teleporter like Inda says, and you can only use it when your accumulator is at 100%, and it sucks it completely dry everytime you use it. (No other limits.)

The range of the teleport could be different for all robot classes. More for scouts and transports, less for heavy combat stuff for example.

Why accumulator. My Tyrannos would be defenseless!

RIP PERPETUUM

My basic thought was that for travelling you don't need your accumulator, and this would already rule out a lot of unintended usages that this could make possible. If you fear that your destination is not safe then you can still use normal teleportation.

6 (edited by Lemon 2013-02-16 22:46:12)

I like the idea. It needs to be fine tuned, a few points on it I think worth mentioning.

) Not to 0% but setting them below max stability maybe a 60% but 0% on Seth or other larger bots is... well ill bring a standard TP if that's the case.

)Either not while flagged or a Jamming method is required

) Needs to have a Vulnerability to offset its awesomeness in/around PvP i.e. Your bots interference grows and  peaks Progressively blinding the teleporting bot as it nears its movement and then it appears only needing to recharge from 40-45%

Then you cause a negative effect to nearby allies and  yourself. When you arrive there is still the "recharge" time to regain max effectiveness

Just spit balling

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

7 (edited by Burial 2013-02-16 22:56:19)

Yes it definitely should not be drained completely to 0%. Something along the lines of 30-40% is a lot more reasonable(why not have skills that help with that too, EP sinks are always good).

Zoom there is also another solution. Please ask Calvin to explain to you the following:

What is a cyno?
What is a titan bridge?
What is a jump bridge?
What is a jump drive?

Then when you're in the know, pick one that won't break the low-pop, put it on the test server and let the brains that know the game inside out test it, fix the obvious dupes/exploits/whatevers that will inevitably be there, and problem solved. smile

Either way the key is the part where the brains that know the game test the game (and subsequently listening to them).

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

What is Eve?

go away.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

10 (edited by Syndic 2013-02-16 23:57:05)

Make me, welp. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

+1 I just mentioned this in the other thread and then read this one, great minds and all that big_smile

12 (edited by Annihilator 2013-02-17 00:07:27)

even with maxed extension, a seth accumulator without recharger equipped takes several minutes to recharge

at the same time, a tyrannos is back up in a few seconds.

just make it 3 minute activation time that is interrupted by moving or combat flag. enough penalty, same for every bot, same as if you had a beacon with you.

edit: but syndic made a good point.

TEST server...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sitting still for three minutes is pretty boring gameplay.

14 (edited by Gharl Incognito 2013-02-17 14:53:13)

removed: Zortarg convinced me

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

i personaly think its a very bad idea to have onboard teleporter.

why?

there are reasons why the telepots are deployable and it will have a lot drastic and in my opinion negative influence on the gameplay.
-they are attackable/destroyable
-its takes 3 mins to get ready

just think about a onboard teleport that is ready at any time your bot is at fulll accu.
if you have a big roaming gang or a big attack fleet doent realy matter. you encounter a enemy. but you find yourself outgunned. you just activate your teleport and be on the next exit gate. if you are on beta you can run around and at first sight you will be off the island. no change to catch you.

ok lets say you have to stand still for a bit of time... then we are back to the point where you have to wait and the question arises how long is ok. when you come to terms of pvp i think the 3 mins is a quite good time. think how far different kind of bots can move in 3 mins. its ment that ppl can move up there and still kill without the enmey just hoping away.
and yes we have different kinds of telepots for that. emergency, armored...

everything got quite faster with the gamma patch. you can move over the islands in a couple of minutes and ppl still complain that they have to wait a few mins.

instant teleport is a very bad idea and even a short delay is not a good idea.
even so if it comes to transportation:
if you have a scarab and jump with your onboard teleport over an island and then your accu is empty. yes you did not have to wait 3 mins to jump. but now your accu is empty and you have to wait untill its full for the next jump. so again not much gained.

the deployable teleports are already making live very easy. movement should stay a tactical thing in this game. with giving every bot a instant jump this will take it all away and make the short travel distansis in this game even shorter. i dont want a game world where i am basicly neighbor to everyone. even on the other side of the "world"
distance should take some time to cover and the current beacons make it easy enough in my opinion.

Travelling around may be easy in haulers carrying stacks of tps and using spark teleports to get back home, but for those of us in smaller bots who want to move around a few islands where we can't use the stations, its anything but easy. What I would actually prefer is for a better teleport network so I didn't need beacons, but if beacons are going to be mandatory for travelling, just equip them to the bot, or make them small enough for me to carry loads of them, I don't really care which one.

Just add T1-T4 jump-modules.

Taking the above comments into consideration -

Teleport beacon that only uses up .1u of cargo space. The draw-back, it doesn't have it's own power source. The beacon drains acc from the bot that deployed it; the beacon has a 'drainer' module with a short range.

As long as you stay next to it, it drains you acc. You can step away and recharge, step back in and the drainer will continue.

In this way, you can trade off time for accumulator.

The amount of acc needed to activate depends on the bot that deployed it, bigger bots need more power.

Unlike normal beacons, they can only be used by the bot that deployed it, but they are small enough to have little real cargo impact.

For strategic military jumps, Support bots can xfer energy to bots so they can feed their beacons and still jump with full acc.

+1 for onboard tps.

I would much rather have onboard TP at a cost whenever is required, as a counter make a module that prevents targets to TP through mobile teleports.

RIP PERPETUUM

How about fit that in legslot as a module? How about that drains not that much energy, needs some time to charge up and if someone is locking you that interrupting the process?

Also, one more time - it can eat plasma too, color-based even.

Then it can be tiered item, says t1 - 5km base range, t3 - 15km, t4 - 25km.

Then there can be some extensions like energy/plasma usage decrease, jump range increase, charge cycle decrease etc.

Then such modules can be separated as we have teleports now - standart, emergency etc, each with different skills to affect (optional)

All that together, balanced and stuff, can make tp beacons completely obsolete.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

22 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2013-02-17 22:51:48)

built in TP would be great BUT not only should it use up all your acc like a mobile tp beacon you need to have a charge up time period.

Other wise any one at even the slightest sign of "non consensual pvp" can bug out asap.

also adding a visual Que would be cool like a lightning storm about a mech as it preps to TP out smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Please, Please, PLEASE do not add teles directly TO bots.  This will change pvp in ways you cannot fathom.
Let me emphasize that point again, it will completely change ALL PVP, not just a SMALL portion but all of it.

NOW, if you, the DEV's, decide to go forward with this idea, DO NOT make it a mod, make it a very Specialized bot type, not all the way up to heavys but up to mechs, lower DPS, lower tank, but it have more maneuverability.  Were talking cost offset.

This isn't a terrible idea, just start to think in anyway that were going to break it in, I can think of several ways to really frustrate people.

Just adding, a mod, is a terrible idea with little foresight, or afterthought.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I'm not sure it needs to be a specialized bot, but what you do need is sensible restrictions, people should not be jumping out of combat for example, even if they are not attempting to fight back. Given proper restrictions and balancing there is no reason it cannot be built into all bots.

it wont happen anyway.

Merkle is right, when he says that this would have a major impact in PvP... while it is an opportunity to have it easier to roam around,

the "sensible restrictions" applied will focus on the part where it enables you to run from a fight", because thats what happens most times in this pvp centric game. Player run away, or do not even show up to a possible fight and sit in their Virtual-Reality Terminals.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear