Topic: Please remove Area Based Geoscan ammo

please, for the sake of new player retention.

i dunno how often i had to explain how useless the area based scans are in help channel.

under the current geoscan system, especially how accuracy works, and the limited range of the scans, there is no reason i can grasp for their existance...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Please remove Area Based Geoscan ammo

Tell the noobs:
Use direction to find the general location
Use tile based to find specific tiles
Use area based to give rough estimate on volume of ore underground

Sure, you don't NEED area scans, but its better to explain this way than go through history lesson on past patches. Area based still slightly useful

/pr0 miner

Sparking to other games

Why, area based is still useful that's how I used to find ore in the old days. Found it more involving, remove directional it's too easy now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Why, area based is still useful that's how I used to find ore in the old days. Found it more involving, remove directional it's too easy now.

Without directionals it would be a PITA to find any ore with the random spawns we have now. Before it was acceptable as you only had to do it once, but now you'd have to go for a 1 hour scanning run each time before mining.

Honestly in my opinion all area based charges should just be converted into directionals.

I was of the opinion to remove them yesterday but Rex and a new player are right, they are very useful to help estimate volume of ore ... I dont use them but i think if others do then keep 'em ... kinda like r-30 scan charges ...

wait, they are usefull to estimate the volume of ore?

for real?

what does 1% mean?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oh, just drop this Anni. There has to be wrong choices in order for other players to make the right ones.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … roduction/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … c-bullets/

These too ^^ smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

wait, they are usefull to estimate the volume of ore?

for real?

what does 1% mean?

That's half of 2%, a third of 3% and so on...

Sparking to other games