1 (edited by Hunter 2012-09-24 10:32:09)

Topic: Energy tension emiters.

We have wonderful interference-emission system. What about "energy-tension system"?

How should it work:
1) The buildings should have small radius area, which decrease efficiency of energy transmission to the nearby buildings.
2) Need to introduce new tactical module - "energy tension emitters". It should work like current interference emiters but against buildings - decrease energy transmission to nearby buildings.
3) all buildings should consume small amount of energy everytime.

Properties of energy tension emitters:
a) destroyable
b) should have ballistic characteristics
c) masked

Energy tension emitters may adjust balance very well. It should not block/interrupt work of buildings, but can interfere energy transmission. I think that's all we need for sieges.

+ Destroying the emitters good task for newbies.

discuss...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

2 (edited by Malsier Dabian 2012-09-24 08:12:03)

Re: Energy tension emiters.

No offense but I think this is a very bad Idea, it's completely unrealistic and only makes managing a colony harder then it already is. Not to mention gives the larger corps and alliance an even bigger advantage over the little guys trying make their way in Perpetuum.

I'd like to know why no one ever comes up with ideas to help even the odds between smaller corps and larger corps. Only Ideas to make it impossible for smaller corps to even function. (Not referring to this idea specifically here, just in General). I mean The larger corps already have numbers money and bots, why the hell do you need more ways to ROFL Face stomp the smaller corps?

And yes, this is a Member of a larger corp defending the smaller corps. They have the right to experience everything everyone else does.

Malsier Dabian wrote:

No offense but I think this is a very bad Idea, it's completely unrealistic and only makes managing a colony harder then it already is. Not to mention gives the larger corps and alliance an even bigger advantage over the little guys trying make their way in Perpetuum.

I'd like to know why no one ever comes up with ideas to help even the odds between smaller corps and larger corps. Only Ideas to make it impossible for smaller corps to even function. (Not referring to this idea specifically here, just in General). I mean The larger corps already have numbers money and bots, why the hell do you need more ways to ROFL Face stomp the smaller corps?

And yes, this is a Member of a larger corp defending the smaller corps. They have the right to experience everything everyone else does.

Can you point, what exactly dislikes for you?

Why the crybabies wins?

As I said colony management is hard enough without having to also account for even more energy loss especially gradual loss, which would be far more damaging then say a sporadic loss from weapons fire.

* You'd have to constantly boost the reactors in order to keep anything running if your net work was over a certain size.

* What you are suggesting would seriously limit the size a colony can be and what specifically it can have on it. even a .001 loss across every structure would suddenly become a 200% loss if you had enough structures (and some colonies do)

This idea is just simply not feasible technically or realistically, unless your goal is to severely limit colony size. (Which is opposite of specifically what the goals for colonies are, the ability to build them as large as you desire)

5 (edited by Hunter 2012-09-24 10:07:47)

Hmm... I suspect that you not clear understood my idea.

1) I hope you know about interference emission and AOE on PvP islands. It limits arranging the big number squads  on small areas but not denies fights of big fleets. Interference emitters can not block big fleet, but interfere it. I suggest to create similar system. This is neither neutralizers nor blockers.
2) Colony management not so difficult as you said. Once i had leave (because of real life problems) non-experienced corp members against experienced enemy and they managed the network enough good. More than, in critical situations you always have energy storage cells.
3) Big number corps looking the ways to stomp small corps (like my). Anytime they will. Just because of biggest number. So personally i want to see something more realistic than "terraforming with buildings" or "disabling reinforced building" (realistic but easy to get round).

btw: Do you really believe that our corp so reach and powerful? How do you think we survive? smile

Why the crybabies wins?

nice idea... but similar to interference, probably having not much impact.

also, as long as the beacon can be shot at by friendly fire, they will put LoS restriction on it like they did with interference beacons... which was the most stupid bandaid fix they did up to date... and that turning those.

also, as long as defense towers not shooting at bombs or beacons or NPCs... to easy to use.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, faster to neut that building you want IMO.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

neut has LoS, and you would need to neut several backbone nodes to preven energy flow, and then dry out the defense buildings.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

In that case its simplyier to destroy a node or the whole reactor/building

10 (edited by Hunter 2012-09-25 05:43:22)

Line wrote:

In that case its simplyier to destroy a node or the whole reactor/building

Buildings may be burroved/hidden behind walls. even with introducing the LOS of energy transmission it's possible to design covered energy system.

Why the crybabies wins?

Well, yes, but still, it will take ages to disrupt an energy network with that emitters. Instead of, how about some kind of neuting emitters, that will weight much, cost high, work similar, but neuting hard everything in 50-100m radius?

i think there would be good to introduce differend kinds of emitters.

btw: such "neutralizing emiters" should have some capacity. not infinite energy.

Why the crybabies wins?

They should be limited hard by lifetime, says, 1 min. Also they should be more or less easy to kill (or vice versa, due to short efficiency range).

Back to your emitters - they can affect players too, not just buildings, reducing their accumulator recharge speed.

Great idea  Hunter.  +1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.