1 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-26 09:46:34)

Topic: Give Starter Corps a Meaning

It's already been in lots of topics: starter corps don't have anything in for players other than deciding where to start from. Once you're in game, there is neither an advantage of being part of a megacorporation nor a loss at leaving it or running missions for the opposing factions.

I already posted some suggestions here and here to give them a bit more meaning and perhaps to bring back the megacorporations link to the Perpetuum Project. There's a lot more ideas to be found at strolling the forums.

Here we go with a collection of ideas to "revive" the factions.

1. Negative standing at the opposing factions: <-- only one not related with being in a starter corp!
    Back to the roots, originally when you ran a mission for one faction you got negative standing at the other two. The "relation"-extensions still remind on this, the higher you skill them the lesser your loss.

2. Syndicate Auras:
    Similiar to outpost buffs; they provide a geoscanning buff and maybe a light autorepair buff to help new players who are still in their starter corp to get better through training and first steps after it. These buffs take effect on all areas of alpha1

3. Standing Bonus:
    A non-mission related static standing that adds to your mission one in each terminal/outpost of that megacorp. It is only added in facilities of your faction, so you won't be able to run lvl3-5 missions from the get-go. Purpose: Make facilities cheaper to use and reduce time on production + RE

4. Additional reward boni:
    Like NIC-incentive (increase NIC reward by x%), ammo/charges rewards, token amount increased by x%, ...

5. Standing loss:
    At leaving the player corp you loose naturally aura-support and all boni, maybe you even loose a certain percentage of your mission standing

6. Police towers:
    Nerf machines and outlaw shooting positionend near outposts and the terminal: If your standing drops under a certain point like under 0 they "nerve" you in their own range like t4 interference emitters (example!); and under -10 standing (= outlaw) they first warn you to leave their range within a few seconds, then if not done so shoot you down

7. Freelancer's choice:
    By leaving a player corporation you normally end up as freelancer - enable the choice of coming back to the starter corp. Of course, the trust needs to be rebuild, so the standing bonus won't be as high as before, other measures may be buff effects and add. rew. boni are halfed (if both of them would be implemented, why not) - this could be undone by running a certain amount of missions

some side thoughts and backgrounds:

• Syndicate aura: it counts as one indy + one combat buff - if you don't like auto repair please state another combat buff that would help newcomers; aside from that I prefer a buff solution to having only orange spawns on alpha1 - if you are already in a player corp, they should be able to help you with the aggressive NPCs either way...

• Freelancer's choice: Norrdecs post in the geoscanning topic gave me that idea - thanks!

• Police towers (PTs): were ingame in beta to give a few "safe zones" within the isle - it shot down everyone with an aggression flag that came into their range. Back then the whole perp world was open PvP. They were quite nice but the earlier AI was troublesome and let tooo much place to exploit them - with current mechanics they should be able to get a comeback; but for this you would either need to revert alphas back to open PvP with maany PTs (:/), new isles with semi-PvP (nice one but perhaps later - too much unnecessary workload:/) or to find another purpose without crashing their nice flair (idea listed)

Re: Give Starter Corps a Meaning

Hmmno.

If I'd get bonuses being in a starter corp, why I join a player run corp which gives me no bonuses?

3 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-16 12:51:11)

Jasdemi wrote:

Hmmno.

If I'd get bonuses being in a starter corp, why I join a player run corp which gives me no bonuses?

What do you normally expect in a Player Corp and which boni do get in one:

• help for corpmembers in nearly every situation: research, combat PvE + PVP, industrial, production, missions, last but not least equipment/bots/ammo...

• higher facility lvls possible than just the alpha options

• max standing (10!) if you are in the corp that owns outpost/gamma post or are at least allied to one

Player corps do still have advantages to all those even with ALL those boni for starter corps mentionend above.

You're saying like every player run corp has access to beta/gamma.

5 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-16 13:57:47)

every player DOES have that chance if they use it or not is their own decision roll
edit:+ you neglected the help/assistance point of corpmates, theres also the use of corpstorage and others those are a big advantage to soloplay in starter corp even without beta/gamma access...

6 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-16 13:57:58)

if you create your own corp, which has no more connection to the owner of the alpha outposts and terminals... you should be happy to be able to use them for free.

and even if you join a corp that has no beta outpost - you get equip or someone else is doing the stuff for you that got suggested as buffs.

i would go as far as limiting those stupid unlimited equip offers that got implemented recently to corp-internal market of the starter corps... or finally remove them alltogether because of their meaningless existance (the starter corps)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-26 09:59:38)

since the ideas mentionend above can cowork quite good too, I'll continue the collection in this post. If you also have some ideas please post them and I will add them here.

1. Bound to startercorp for (nearly) eternity: <- this idea works instead of G) Freelancer's choice - attention: stEVE-system like
    Once you have chosen your megacorp, you will stay in this one even with creating/joining a player corp. That means if there's a reason to leave your current corp you will end up as member of that megacorp again. Exception: If your standing to your startercorp became negative, you won't be able to reenter that Megacorp or at least not until you build up a new good standing.

2. Additional parallel assignment: <- bound to 1)
    With your choice you can take on +1 additional assignment for all missions given by your megacorp from the get-go. Example: ASI-Agent (without parallel ***. ext. skilled) can accept 2 Asi-missions or one ICS and one Asi, but not two ICS-missions... This is bound to point 1) because like this it won't be an advantage of NPC-corps to player corps.

3. Addition to negative mission standing: <- bound to A), 1)(partly)
    Your startercorp awards you with reduced negative standing if you run assignments for other NPC-corps, but their negative standing amount per mission is increased for every mission you run for your startercorp. (Last part only if most players like more "hardcore"). With maxed Diplomatics + specialized relation Ext., negative standing at other corps may completely vanish

4. limit NPC-offers to corpinternal of startercorp: <- post #6
    the factional unlimited buy and sell orders from NPCs are only available for members in that faction right now, the non-factional orders are available for the agents of all startercorps

/bump