Topic: Scanning accuracy of directional charges

To start with, I really like the new geoscanner system with the directional geoscanner charges. It's a lot easier und much more understandable than the area-based scansystem before even with an argano. There's always a but - here it comes:

The accuracy of an arkhe with syntec scanner is really low - even if you understood the basics of geoscanning it is hard for a newcomer to find an ore field.
When you follow the arrows there's suddenly a turning point of the new arrows being up to vertically to the ones before. Here's the first "mistake" made - they scan at the point where the crossing may be with the result of only grey at maximum darkgreen tiles: there's no ore to be found, even in a 500m radius there's none. Okay, first raging over, next trial: now choose which arrows you follow, the first ones or the second batch that leads into another direction? -> 50/50 chance of having a lucky hit or getting into your next rage because the first experience repeated.

Why the necessity of having a look here? In your general trainings mission (3) you are asked to find titan ore. You have just one bot to do so. The helpcalls about this mission grew in the last days linear to new players coming into game.

1. One suggestion I already read here in forums recently is to turn this into a solibdit mission - I really don't like that idea, it is good for tutorial purpose but the training should be the real thing.

2. An older suggestion was to delete scanning accuracy for other scanning charges than tile-based and universal. But this might render accuracy extensions nearly useless.

3. A crazy suggestion from me is based on my opinion to give startercorps more reason (like the standing bonus for the facilities): a Syndicate geoscanning aura. This will only be applied to players in their starter corps. With this one I see the least problems compared to the other two.

Re: Scanning accuracy of directional charges

I like nr.3 with one change that it's so for freelancers too. In case a new guy gets into a corp and they are not very helpful.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: Scanning accuracy of directional charges

nr 3. would make sense...

Norrdec - did they change that you could actually "leave" the starter corps? I remember that you could join player-corps right away, and "freelancer" was only possible to get by leaving player corp..

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear