Topic: I feel cheated because I didnt know about the kickstarter edition

Hellos,

topic says pretty much all but let me explain.

Now I played the trial for about 7 days had to even remake my agent once cause the first time I spent all my EP randomly, but I did fell in love with this game either way.

Infact I enjoyed it so much I bought a 6 months code and redeemed it. Stupid me.

If I would have bought the kickstarter edition I would have gotten 20k more ep additionally to the 20k for each new account. The money or bots dont matter but 20k additional EP is ALOT for a new player. And it really pisses me off that I missed out on them.

Is there any chance I can undo my code redemption and buy a kickstarter edition? or at least make the kickstarter redeemable for existing accounts aswell ... just find a solution without giving people an unfair advantage because they didnt buy it at the right place... =/

Apexx

Re: I feel cheated because I didnt know about the kickstarter edition

q.e.d.

i was waiting for such a post.
They should make the kickstarter edition redeemable "once" per account, and the EP bonus not cummulative with the EA EP bonus, if those two exploits are what they fear with that limitation.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Just put in a ticket, developers aren't exactly unreasonable.

submit a ticket to the Devs

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

We have decided to allow kickstarter codes on all accounts, not just trials, limited to one per account.

I ask for a little patience until we make the necessary arrangements.

NICE!

Wow, thats amazing. Now Im really glad I posted this thread and submitted a ticket. Thats simply great news.

8 (edited by Blackomen 2012-09-04 14:55:47)

Does this mean all 14 of my accounts get 20k ep extra? XD

Edit: Note you didn't say "new" accounts. tongue

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Blackomen wrote:

If you will redeem a kickstarter code on all of them, given you haven't done so yet, then the answer is yes.

hmm "free EP"

Someone said in chat that this kickstarter code is only available to some countries from Amazon. Is that correct?

Will we be able to buy from the Perpetuum website?

No, this will still stay Amazon exclusive. And again, it's not "free EP", a kickstarter code still has to be purchased.

A lot of the guys have been using random US addresses.

13 (edited by Raptine 2012-09-04 18:26:05)

DEV Zoom wrote:

No, this will still stay Amazon exclusive. And again, it's not "free EP", a kickstarter code still has to be purchased.

I see it in this way - I can either pay a monthly subscription with no EP or I can buy a one time offer at the same price of a month subscription and gain a 20K EP bonus. 

Albeit it's not 'free', my cash outlay is the same with said EP bonus. If walks like a duck.... you know the drill.

Ville wrote:

A lot of the guys have been using random US addresses.

Does this mean it is only available for Americans? I have no issues with a one-time offer (anything to get more players to experience the game) but I would be quite miffed if the offer is not available to everyone.

14 (edited by Blackomen 2012-09-04 19:16:19)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Blackomen wrote:

If you will redeem a kickstarter code on all of them, given you haven't done so yet, then the answer is yes.

Also can I even link that deal to a pre-existing account?

I'm just a bit puzzled on the method to do this. Order and link 14 of these pre-starts now, or wait till you have this working?

"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."

Here is a guide on how to purchase Amazon.com digital goodies outside of the USA.

That way everyone can get the kickstarter edition no matter where they live.

You just gotta wait till we can actually add it to regular accounts.

Guide: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/30/how-to … de-the-us/

I would advise to wait with the purchases just to be sure, this could take a few days.

Blackomen: there is no way to separate gametime and the complementary package, if that's what you're asking. And yes, every account is pre-existing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to link it with amazon smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

I would advise to wait with the purchases just to be sure, this could take a few days.

Blackomen: there is no way to separate gametime and the complementary package, if that's what you're asking. And yes, every account is pre-existing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to link it with amazon smile

Ok will do.

"Camels nose under the tent"

Obviously its been made clear that this is just one per account but....

Devs:  Please just be careful with this type of thing.

and hells yes I am getting one for each of my accounts  tongue

Some great stuff to help the game get more players.  Great job devs!

+1

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

20 (edited by Feralus 2012-09-06 03:00:21)

This is great news. Just hoping Amazon EU get the Kickstarter so all of the EU players can get this. If nothing else the revenue alone would be worth it for everyone!

I would use the "pretend to be in the USA" method, but as I, like many others, don't possess a credit card, it unfortunately won't work for me. Ah well.

Fingers crossed the Kickstarter lasts long enough that Amazon EU sort themselves out.

Edit: How will this work for those of us with accounts that aren't trial? I.e is there more than one Bot and items you recieve? The offer appears on face value to offer two different choices- either an Industrial or Combat package.

Feralus wrote:

How will this work for those of us with accounts that aren't trial? I.e is there more than one Bot and items you recieve? The offer appears on face value to offer two different choices- either an Industrial or Combat package.

Works the same way, and you get the same things. The kickstarter contains a combat and an indy package, and you can choose which one you want to redeem to your account (only one of them).

Nice, thanks Zoom. Can't wait for the green light when this is available on full accounts!

23 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-09-07 11:13:04)

Don't even dare to allow the Kickstarter package usable on all accounts, unless it's available to everyone all over the world.

Just read about the kickstarter packages now. Um, so is there anyway for non-US and non-EU players to avail of it? Or rather, will Amazon open the package up to international customers?

P.S.

My first post since I started playing PO yesterday. Woo!

Jasdemi wrote:

Don't even dare to allow the Kickstarter package usable on all accounts, unless it's available to everyone all over the world.

Yeah if this can be used on any account,but only if you are an american, i think its just not acceptable.
The fact that the kickstarter edition in its original form was/is american only must put off alot of the non-us potential players looking at the game.

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology