Re: I feel cheated because I didnt know about the kickstarter edition

Can't remember where I read it, but it's up to Amazon when/if/how they distribute it to other Amazon sites such as the EU wing of Amazon- thus, out of the hands of the Devs. That is, unless they find another way of distributing it.

I mean hell, it's not like Amazon or the Devs will hear the end of it from disgruntled players until -everyone- is on an equal footing with the whole kickstarter thing.

Feralus wrote:

Can't remember where I read it, but it's up to Amazon when/if/how they distribute it to other Amazon sites such as the EU wing of Amazon- thus, out of the hands of the Devs. That is, unless they find another way of distributing it.

I mean hell, it's not like Amazon or the Devs will hear the end of it from disgruntled players until -everyone- is on an equal footing with the whole kickstarter thing.

It just seems that if they intend to make it available to older accounts,why not just make the 20k EP a one time special subscription purchase from this website? That would not make a whole lot of players alienated.

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

Well I guess they -could- make a method of getting the kickstarter being that of, well, being an option when you pay for the subscription. You can already pick how many months, etc- can't see why they couldn't do the same for the kickstarter?

The way I see it- the Dev's presumably have their own ideas- perhaps there are forces in play that we aren't aware of, such as only having one deployment method which is exclusive to Amazon US- I haven't got a clue. Though I would, personally, consider it a bit "odd", at the least, having Amazon as a distributor for -any- kind of kickstarter offer- it should be based solely through the Dev's own channels.

Look at some of the other MMO's out there (as examples)- Star Wars the Old Republic- you paid for and got your content exclusively through their website and control. Same for Mechwarrior Online- exclusively through their website and controls- I may not be new to MMO's, but I'm certainly new to the idea of letting Amazon handle your "special player content" transactions.

If nothing else- it alienates non-US customers- not just because it's US-only (technically, as we've seen from the workaround it -is- possible) but also alienates those of us without Credit Cards. No disrespect, but I haven't and never -will- own a credit card, they're time bombs for Debt- UK players alone are, at best, going to possibly have a Visa, but most have Direct Debit cards or use Paypal.

Honestly, I just hope this whole thing gets sorted. I really want the Kickstarter offer, I love the game and I'm happy to support the Devs- after all, everyone makes mistakes or doesn't forsee potential problems. I'm not saying they're idiots, they must have had their reasons. But it is an inconvenience for those of us who badly want it. The whole Steam Greenlight thing has made issues worse, if anything, as more and more non-US customers will want it and not be able to get it.

Give them time, they'll sort it. I'm sure they don't want to miss out on all the revenus from outside the US, if nothing else!

Way I see it these are good problems for the Devs that I'm sure will be worked out in time. More people want to buy your product! Bravo! wink

Sparking to other games

With the size of the thread im pretty sure the devs have noticed or very soon will notice the issue brought up. Feralus  highlighted the important points. Im just worried because they have stated this will be available to full accounts,but they have not stated for a fact that it will be available to all countries. A limited release, special bonus, would not sit well with those left out. I too hope and want to think that this is not really an issue,that they have already thought of this and simply just left it out maybe assuming it to be an obvious consequence with no need for clarification after making it available to all accounts.

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

Well I think the real problem is the contract they have with gameconnect. gameconnect is the company who apparently has some exclusive deal with avatar creations to offer this kickstarter package. And Im pretty sure its not up to the devs, but to gameconnect to offer the kickstarter out of the US - otherwise they would have done it already.

Now while I agree people see this as a problem, keep in mind anyone can buy this kickstarter package of amazon.com - You just need to make a new amazon account and use a fake US address and any credit card to buy it.

32 (edited by Macavity 2012-09-07 22:06:39)

Are you sure Apexx? What i read from the internet,is that they check your credit card number against US banks. Atleast that is what some Europeans have written. I cant test it myself as all my accounts are old and the devs have as far as i know not yet made the kickstarter available for older accounts.

If it does work thats atleast a temporary solution. A slightly more complicated one might be to offer the same as the kickstarter under a different name for non US customers with the same EP benefits and of course incompatible with the kickstarter. Have it purchaseable via the website i guess.

It should of course be available to all new players but now that they are considering the kickstarter for old accounts as well this issue starts concerning all players new and old.

One thing i dont like is this opens the door towards selling ingame perks for real money.
Best case scenario for me is that they make it available for all countries,but not for all(older) accounts.

Letters of urology

On the count of the "Checking credit cards for if they're in the US, etc" type thing- This is true.

However: This isn't always so- it could be a few people were unlucky, or that they're all entirely right.

The only workaround that I'm aware of is to have someone in the US buy it for you, then have them link it to your account (with a new Amazon account so that you can take ownership of it or whatever).

This does, of course, rely on you trusting whoever you get to do it- I'd do it in a second, personally, provided I trusted someone enough and that it would work with subscribed accounts.

The Devs are going to sort this for subscribed account holders- It's just a ball in their court in terms of if they're going to talk to Gameconnect to sort out the whole only-available-in-the-US-thing.

We can but hope.

We're sorry. We cannot complete your purchase because the account "*******.*****@*****.c**" is not eligible for this item

Let us know please when existing accounts is up and running

ty

again, the question - isn't it just a simple "key" with a certain condition on it, so you just have to get the key bought by someone?

whats the "binding to amazon account" you all talking about?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You have to login to your perpetuum account and "link" it with your amazon account,before you can make a purchase. I cant test it yet though,not untill/unless they make it available for full accounts,but im unsure if it would work for us europeans. Some might be able to work around the US only restriction.

37 (edited by Feralus 2012-09-12 00:21:23)

Well as we can see from the newly posted workaround thread, it is possible to get it on Trial accounts by using that method.

Edit: Blah as forgot it's not going to be seen outside of Amazon, nevermind the Perpetuum site.

Is there any kind of info the Devs can update us with in relation to this? I'm running on the assumption that they've poked Gameconnect/Amazon or something on this- that is in terms of both A) If/When this will be available outside the USA and B) When full accounts can redeem it.

If "A" Isn't going to happen then I can forsee pitchforks/torches for those who can't find someone trusted enough to get it for them and who don't have credit cards.

Any news, when kickstarter will available, to be used on existing accounts?

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:

Any news, when kickstarter will available, to be used on existing accounts?

That plan was scrapped a while ago, and we switched around things a bit as it was outlined in this blog post.

Ty Zoom smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

it wont be enabled for existing accs? sad, kinda liked to have those sparks...
Then, will we get a chance for new sparks for anniversary again?

I have a trial account. I don't live in US. I made an US address in legit way through Borderlinx. I made a new account with Amazon adding my new US address as default. But I don't have a credit card with US billing address. So when I tried to make a purchase of the kick-starter, Amazon said sorry, it's only available to US customers.
So I feel if not cheated, but at least discriminated ...

thats the way the US are ^^ ... this is only one example

Versys wrote:

I have a trial account. I don't live in US. I made an US address in legit way through Borderlinx. I made a new account with Amazon adding my new US address as default. But I don't have a credit card with US billing address. So when I tried to make a purchase of the kick-starter, Amazon said sorry, it's only available to US customers.
So I feel if not cheated, but at least discriminated ...

You don't need the kickstarter package anymore if you are after the 20k extra EP. You get the bonus right after you subscribe to the game using any means available to you.

I see, yes I noticed I got 20k EP balance when registered. Is that those 'kick-starter' ones? Or 'kick-starter' gives you extra 20k ?
Thanks!

It's not kickstarter giving you 20k, it's *any* first subscription (kickstarter included).

Then is a trial a 'subscription'? To put it in other words, I got 20k when I created trial account. Will I get another 20k when I turn it into a subscription?

Versys wrote:

Then is a trial a 'subscription'? To put it in other words, I got 20k when I created trial account. Will I get another 20k when I turn it into a subscription?

correct

49 (edited by Sieges 2014-01-01 21:00:22)

I just found out about this link: http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Creations- … B008EMKTP2

If I buy this would I be able to apply it to my existing account? I have a USA address.

Would I be able to get the special mechs sparks and items? Or is this all old news?

No this is just for who start with that "Kickstarter".

So you cant on your. Afaik.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD