Re: F2P maybe?

It's a closed circle that should have been sorted out years ago when there was a population, not now the game's on life support.

Marketing requires money and skill, and I ain't talking about kiddie google-ads either. There's a reason why CCP has an in-house economist, and why some companies just google "economy" and go "HERP DERP SEARCH DEMAND HERP DERP IT WORK FINE ALONE".

AC won't get money from the subs, they won't get money from a serious investor because no serious investor invests into an MMO on life support. They can sell the whole game or the controlling share package, thats about it. Anything else is just delusional wishful dreams.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's JUST that easy.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

78 (edited by Celebro 2013-02-07 20:39:27)

Investors also like to buy low sell high, if they see potential in a product or service. A mmo on 'life support' is cheaper to invest than a successful one. Syndic: I'm not sure why you are here with all this doom and gloom, if you have little confidence in the game.

Anyways keep twisting those life support tubes, maybe that helps.

RIP PERPETUUM

79 (edited by Syndic 2013-02-07 21:15:06)

I like to discuss stuff as a realist, I've heard many poppy-dreams of generous investors and small indy games. I have yet to hear, read or see any case where anyone invests serious money into an MMO that's been on a downward trend for 2-3 years without outright buying it and relaunching. How much do they need to invest? What return can be expected in what timeframe?

If it offends your e-feelings do please tell me more.

Besides if they want funds, there's this thing called Kickstarter and crowdfunding. There's humblebundle this, desura that, lots of services and stuff that has not been properly utilized for marketing purposes yet. Even milking a few desperate fanboys is better then nothing. This sort of stuff however is best done after the game is fun, engaging and easy to understand for new players (isn't the steam-patch supposed to do that?)

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

steam-patch

I pictured a steam-punk theme eye patch. Will buy.

Steamonocle.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Steamonocle.

oh noes - imagine all the rage from bittervets or even 1-week-earlier subscribing noobs if they would add monocle option for new avatars created via steam only.

and then DEVs react by adding monocles to everyones avatar that has subbed, no matter if they wanted or not!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear