Topic: We need more spawns.

Hi my name is Ville, Me and my fellow corpmates want more spawns added back to the game.  Currently speaking  there are too few spawns on Gamma to make life out there even practical.  Beta has couple good spawns but if 3 or more people wish to farm at the same time we run out of spawns.  Alpha s have little spawns that are decent challenge.  Please add more spawns.  Sincerely

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: We need more spawns.

I see what you did thar burial.

Need a few more spawns. Hope for next patch.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Burial wrote:

Transparent self-serving post. Enough with the developer manipulation.

I think the spawns are balanced right now. -1

+1 we should also remove Titan, Epriton, Coalxium from gamma and stop allowing norgalis to be planted there!

Shame on the OP for actually living on gamma and expressing his thoughts about actually living there!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

4 (edited by Burial 2012-06-21 20:40:57)

He was not only talking about Gamma spawns, he was also talking about beta and alpha spawns which are perfectly balanced from what I see. I used to farm on Alpha2 and lost my favorite spawn but I agree with the devs that it was not suitable for Alpha. Hokk spawns are fine and from what I've seen, Dom and Nova spawns are also on par.

I thought about gamma island possibilities when they were released and I came to conclusion that gamma is just for making NIC with farming noralgis, mining. Gamma will hold farmers and miners safe but combat toons need to be on beta if they want to NPC. The spawns there are not really farmable. I don't know why exactly it was done like that. I agree with the fact that gamma could get few farmable static spawns but I don't know what effect could be when devs let players close themselves down like that.

HTfU doesn't work anymore?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1

NPCs on gamma are so *** rare than I don't even need tank anymore for artifact scanning.

Nova has 5 spawns total on it.

gamma npcs still bugged and standing still?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Yeah the way the spawns are now one might think the syndicate has won the war for the planet and its resources already. smile

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

Macavity wrote:

Yeah the way the spawns are now one might think the syndicate has won the war for the planet and its resources already. smile

there was a war for the planet? where?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -the-devs/

I appreciate the bump Joph!

One of the problems with having spawns all over the place is the new dynamic raw material fields. Too many spawns could make mining really difficult after a while when all the non-spawn raw material fields are exploited.

One solution could be a new type of assignment spawn which might work a little bit like beacons do at the moment.

For example: Assignment directs a player/squad to a location under some story based pretext and when a player enters the said area a wave (or two, or three) of NPCs will spawn. These NPCs will, however, be invulnerable to any player outside the squad which "owns" the assignment and will not aggress any player outside the squad either. If there are no assignment "owning" players within the bounds of the assignment area for, say, three minutes, the NPCs will despawn and the assignment will fail.

Just an idea.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

One of the problems with having spawns all over the place is the new dynamic raw material fields. Too many spawns could make mining really difficult after a while when all the non-spawn raw material fields are exploited.

One solution could be a new type of assignment spawn which might work a little bit like beacons do at the moment.

For example: Assignment directs a player/squad to a location under some story based pretext and when a player enters the said area a wave (or two, or three) of NPCs will spawn. These NPCs will, however, be invulnerable to any player outside the squad which "owns" the assignment and will not aggress any player outside the squad either. If there are no assignment "owning" players within the bounds of the assignment area for, say, three minutes, the NPCs will despawn and the assignment will fail.

Just an idea.

+1 for a neat solution, and too many spawn would be a problem for mining.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don't like the idea of tieing npc farming and assignments together.

And this is one of those reasons Why I hated dynamic ore fields, because I have allready had to mine two fields near annoying light bots and ewar, and being ecm'd while mining pisses me off.

Ville wrote:

I don't like the idea of tieing npc farming and assignments together.

And this is one of those reasons Why I hated dynamic ore fields, because I have allready had to mine two fields near annoying light bots and ewar, and being ecm'd while mining pisses me off.

I can see where you're coming from on both those points, Ville, but I wouldn't want to go back to fixed ore fields. I like it that you have to put a bit more work. Before: got to ore field, sit for four hours, come back, sell ore/build stuff or go to best spawn you can handle with appropriate fit/logi, shoot stuff for four hours, come back eat kernals/sell plasma. The lack of challenge just doesn't do it for me.

I have, since posting, thought of some flaws in my hastily scribbled idea, though. If an assignment was taken concurrently by many players the assignment area would be mass confusion. Maybe each assignment could have multiple areas on island ... and then what if different assignments were in overlapping areas and taken concurrently. Maybe a new tag/background colour in landmarks window could help differentiate "your" NPCs from others.

I dunno, I'm just firing some ideas about to solve a problem I think many of us agree exists - not enough spawns.

still waiting for some informations about the proposed PvE changes after gamma expansion.

they must be working on it already - and hopefully it doesnt mean we wont get any hotfixes or patches for then next 4 month...

Ville is right - its a pitty that assignment spawns are present all the time, even though there is no reason for it.

+1 we need more npc to farm

Agreed, we need more NPC spawns on all the islands.

+1

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

21 (edited by Zigzagman2 2012-06-27 15:12:43)

ya know its funny a guy posted about this a few weeks back and got trolled by none-other then you ville and yet here you are qqing about the same thing......I agree btw

It's all about the delivery of the message.  And if your post about lack of spawns  got trolled by me, I'm  sorry.

Ville wrote:

It's all about the delivery of the message

And the state of the mini-bar...

Awww why you troll me Arga, I only got drunk a couple of times in the hotel sad

Drunk is a valid excuse for trolling. smile