76 (edited by Celebro 2012-06-13 20:07:08)

Re: Block trials from beta/gamma

That's why I like local/Sector chat ,but most seem to hate it. The hell with probes. Edited*

RIP PERPETUUM

77 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-13 20:49:43)

Celebro wrote:

That's why I like local/Sector chat ,but most seem to hate it. The hell with probes. Edited*

The thing about sector chat is though that a "sector" in perpetuum is much bigger in travel time than a system in that other game. Having sector chat would render any sort of covert ops activity useless and at the same time making scouting simply not important either.

The ammuont of travel time required between the attacker and defender is always sufficient to escape with no extra effort by the defender.

We already have many tools to ensure safety of our islands (gate scouts, probes detectors) and at the end of the day it is up to us to use them properly and in the right contexts.

Would be interesting to see what the intended role of probes are from the devs.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

78 (edited by Gremrod 2012-06-13 20:56:18)

Sundial wrote:
Celebro wrote:

The thing about sector chat is though that a "sector" in perpetuum is much bigger in travel time than a system in that other game. Having sector chat would render any sort of covert ops activity useless and at the same time making scouting simply not important either.

The ammuont of travel time required between the attacker and defender is always sufficient to escape with no extra effort by the defender.

We already have many tools to ensure safety of our islands (gate scouts, probes detectors) and at the end of the day it is up to us to use them properly and in the right contexts.

Would be interesting to see what the intended role of probes are from the devs.

Way back in CB. I was one that wanted a local or sector chat. I long ago had dropped that wish. The lack of a local/sector chat is good.

With that said, I also think General Chat is a bad idea too. I like the idea of "I wonder what they are thinking?" rather then "Oh look at GC that is what they think.."  makes the world feel smaller.

IMO.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

This is why I almost never join general, last night was an exception.

Mark, good job at killing fun aspects of this game one by one smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn3V_ivJ32k
we'll not hear such laughter anymore, well done! You advanged in douchbaggery cool

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"