1 (edited by Mark Zima 2012-06-12 15:54:02)

Topic: Block trials from beta/gamma

They can do way too much for what they are worth.

I don't mind _paid accounts_ in _bots that have nonzero value_.

2 (edited by Burial 2012-06-12 15:54:54)

Re: Block trials from beta/gamma

+1

- Reduces metagaming a lot.
- New players still have many islands to go to without getting shot to pieces.

Mark Zima wrote:

They can do way too much for what they are worth.

Like kill 41 proximity probes?

Yes, despair at the awe inspiring power of the arkhe.

+1 Also ban the IP's on whoever made the trial agents "Dildo Experience", "Anal Fracture", "CretinIdiotRebut", I think we can all agree its very bad for the newbies coming into the game to share the server with these clearly unhealthy individuals.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

So you want to ban people or arkhes because I am not sure from your post?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

looks like arkhes from the OP .. which is pretty funny considering the on-going stat padding by M2S with arkhes...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Seeing unappropriate names is a sure sign of the decay in the previously proclaimed honorable attitude and moral fabric of the agents involved. I wonder what actual trial agents will feel like when they're happily doing their missions when Dildo Experience and Anal Fracture run past them.

CIR Complaint Form

I'm going to start a petition about getting these players banned!  This is an outrage!.... where did I save that..... Oh, Hey TOG wheres the templette for mass unsub and outrage?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

+1 Also ban the IP's on whoever made the trial agents "Dildo Experience", "Anal Fracture", "CretinIdiotRebut", I think we can all agree its very bad for the newbies coming into the game to share the server with these clearly unhealthy individuals.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were your alts. tongue

In that case I should be banned again pretty soon right? Cause whoever made those trials deserves nothing short of a ban.

CIR Complaint Form

-1 keeping Trials from being able to do whatever they want.  They could potentially take away from the new player experience, and sense of adventure!  Leave Trials alone!

13 (edited by Mark Zima 2012-06-12 16:44:50)

Norrdec wrote:

I want trial accounts and syndicate arkhes to be unable to do damage/scouting/whatever on beta and gamma.
Preventing them from using beta/gamma teleports is the easiest solution without significant drawbacks (suggested by Burial).

Any trial account abuse should be outlawed. It's just we don't see it often. I saw enough today, hence this topic.

What about the people who use disposable trial accounts to buffer up their mining fleet with +10 termis or w/e? What defines trial-account abuse? Once that is defined we can proceed with the banhammer.

However, naming trials "Anal Fracture", "Dildo Experience" and "CretinIdiotRebut" is a clear character naming violation that should be monitored and punished.

CIR Complaint Form

15 (edited by Burial 2012-06-12 16:57:05)

Syndic wrote:

What about the people who use disposable trial accounts to buffer up their mining fleet with +10 termis or w/e? What defines trial-account abuse? Once that is defined we can proceed with the banhammer.

However, naming trials "Anal Fracture", "Dildo Experience" and "CretinIdiotRebut" is a clear character naming violation that should be monitored and punished.

Using them solely to gain some advantage without ever thinking about actually subbing them would be pretty safe bet and also very easy to monitor and take actions, even automatically.

Unnecessary complicating it. If someone sees and screenshots <REDACTED> from corp <REDACTED> mining in a Riveler Mk2 on Alpha and there are 14 other trial accounts in Termis mining into the same container it's pretty obvious what's going on and banhammer should strike.

You cannot on the other hand arbitrarily evaluate if a player is thinking about subbing up or not and assign the function to an automated script.

CIR Complaint Form

Mark Zima wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

I want trial accounts and syndicate arkhes to be unable to do damage/scouting/whatever on beta and gamma.
Preventing them from using beta/gamma teleports is the easiest solution without significant drawbacks (suggested by Burial).

Any trial account abuse should be outlawed. It's just we don't see it often. I saw enough today, hence this topic.

If you consider gate scouts abuse everyone is guilty; every day.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

-1 lol
especially, after recent events

Syndic wrote:

Unnecessary complicating it. If someone sees and screenshots <REDACTED> from corp <REDACTED> mining in a Riveler Mk2 on Alpha and there are 14 other trial accounts in Termis mining into the same container it's pretty obvious what's going on and banhammer should strike.

You cannot on the other hand arbitrarily evaluate if a player is thinking about subbing up or not and assign the function to an automated script.

Well, that is true. These ideas do need a lot of tweaking before they can be considered as working. There is no simple easy solution that could be described with one sentence that eliminates all the issues with trials, but this thread is actually about blocking trials their access to beta/gamma, which absolutely solves the issue of using trials to scout gates inside beta and perform all other kinds of metagaming stuff that really is not needed.

20 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-06-12 17:18:12)

+1, trial accounts being abused to have initially unidentified hostiles.  Trial accounts are to get a flavor of the game to decide to play, not for unlimited disposable arkhes, with "fake" neutral alts.  It's being metagamed, and regardless of the "new player experience", that's needs to be controlled.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

21 (edited by Tund Bungler 2012-06-12 17:19:46)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

+1, trial accounts being abused to have initially unidentified hostiles.  Trial accounts are to get a flavor of the game to decide to play, not for unlimited disposable arkhes, with "fake" neutral alts.  It's being metagamed, and regardless of the "new player experience", that's needs to be controlled.

I know you're getting updates, what is the scorecard up to now?

p.s. Don't lose your ponytail brah, the 80s are coming back any day now

Please also block alt characters on paid accounts from playing the game as this is essentially the same thing.

1 character per account, 1 account per person, RL names must be used as character names.

I would even go as far as call it an exploit, its is abusing game mechanic and also abusing other players. It does fall in the same category as all the other exploits, just NIC isn't involved that much.

I call it extreme Sand in ***, and a smashing good time!

The more I hear about this the more I have to agree with Ville. Obvious attempt at pressuring Developers to artificially solve a situation someone can't handle.

Perpetuum needs player-created content to advertise it. Let guile reign the day not red-phone skype conferences.

CIR Complaint Form