Topic: Faction material

factional differences for raw minerals

Each of the three factions will have one distinct mineral that is representative in their specific technology. For Pelistal this will be Silgium, a brand new minable raw mineral, for Nuimqol it’s Imentium, and for Thelodica it’s Stermonit.

Silgium and Triandlus: available on Pelistal and Thelodica islands, but not present on Nuimqol islands
Imentium and Helioptris: available on Nuimqol and Pelistal islands, but not present on Thelodica islands
Stermonit and Prismocitae (yes, it’s finally harvestable): available on Thelodica and Nuimqol islands, but not present on Pelistal islands

is it just me, or is Green and Yellow getting scrooged here?

Over the next 30-45 days, Blue can stock pile Imentium and Helio, and have a significant amounts of factional specific resources on hand, while poor green and yellow have to start from scratch on ore and plants on release day?

Re: Faction material

This makes so much sense my head hurts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-05-01 11:03:20)

thats the way it is.. cry more...

sry i could not control myself...

how about we bring a patch that no resource ganthering is possible till then? sounds like a good idea...

4 (edited by Celebro 2012-05-01 11:31:08)

Well spotted, this advantage won't last forever but someone will always get the short end of the stick with these changes, I guess we would have to live with it and move on, as factional material separation will spice up the game for the better.

Siligium will be needed for pelestial bots , so it will be the highest value alpha ore for a short while too, and its on green/yellow island dwellers back yard. wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Well spotted, this advantage won't last forever but someone will always get the short end of the stick with these changes

Why?

They added (2) new factional resources, why didn't they simply add a 3rd to balance it out?

Is it game breaking, not really. But is there a valid developmental reason to introduce new factional materials this way?

@Zorg - I think your QQ meter is miscalibrated

6 (edited by Sundial 2012-05-01 17:20:23)

Arga we we dont even have the privalege of farming kernels to finish our research until gamma comes out, what makes you think we will be so privileged as to be ready to build green bots when gamma comes out lol

Yes, I mad.

In all seriousness, you have a good point but maybe we will see some interesting market activity for once? Who knows.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Good point Arga. (at least I understand after 1 day my english...)

But afaik, Silgium will be Liquizit maybe they convert to or just remove but from us all if remove (I mean pay out or something), Stermonit we have and Imentium also have, Prismocitae probably will have all of factions.
So in the end no problme here.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Sundial wrote:

interesting market activity

With any new items, there's always a surge. In this case, 1/3 of the production market doesn't need to participate, so there'll be less activity than if they had introduced (3) new items.

Am I wrong? Maybe we didn't get all the info in the blog, or I missed something and there is a 3rd factional material?

Arga wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Well spotted, this advantage won't last forever but someone will always get the short end of the stick with these changes

Why?

They added (2) new factional resources, why didn't they simply add a 3rd to balance it out?

Probably because it would take longer to develop, and I think we have waited long enough. Anyhow you are right.

RIP PERPETUUM

Why bring into the game a faction ore that doesn't exist?

Why not just pick one of the existing ores for the Pelistal factions like they did for the rest......

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

Why not just pick one of the existing ores for the Pelistal factions like they did for the rest......

They didn't have enough plants, so they added a 3rd, but they also didn't have (3) ores since they made Titan universal. And they recognized that having a liquid as a faction material wouldn't be very balanced, since liquids mine much differently then ores; which is why they also made HDT universal.

Commodity types and component diversity

Of course if we differentiate raw minerals this way, we also need to do the same for the commodities that they are refined to, and consequently it will be also reflected in the equipment they are used in.
Common basic commodities: Titanium, Plasteosine, and 2 new commodities

Final production isn't really going to be effected, since it seems like everyone is probably going to need the new ore and plant to create the (2) new commodites; which are basics.

So, actually, is it the Blue islands that are getting the short stick here?

Yellow and Green dwellers will have (2) new items to put on the market, while blue can only be a consumer?

It'll all shake itself level quickly enough and then no-one will remember. Heck, no-one even noticed until you brought it up. tongue

Arga wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

They didn't have enough plants, so they added a 3rd, but they also didn't have (3) ores since they made Titan universal. And they recognized that having a liquid as a faction material wouldn't be very balanced, since liquids mine much differently then ores; which is why they also made HDT universal.

Ah, yes I see.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

15 (edited by Arga 2012-05-01 20:33:14)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

It'll all shake itself level quickly enough and then no-one will remember. Heck, no-one even noticed until you brought it up. tongue

Well, this is more an indication that mostly no one really cares one way or the other anymore.

Like the 3k wall thing, it's not far enough. But by the silence on the forums, you'd assume that it's just fine, but anything about it will be ignored anyway so why bother? Same for the indy change issues, they're too far down the road to do anything. I don't expect them to add a 3rd material.

The only reason I'm posting about it at all is I'm bored and the forums are very quiet; if Anni, myself, and ville stopped posting, the forums would be dead.

Edit: Oh, and Celebro )

And they typically ban me when I get on a roll.

Your not butter, stay off my roll.

I still think Dev Mancs > Dev Zoom

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

how about we bring a patch that no resource ganthering is possible till then? sounds like a good idea...

As a blue pilot, I support Arga ;P

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

As a green pilot, I don't really care.

Crepitus wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

As a blue pilot, I support Arga ;P

i am a blue pilot myself,

but these changes are comming anyway. and we started mining a lot of stermonit because our green island will no longer have that. of cource the thing with the new plants will still be a issue. but another thing may be to farm npcs and keep all the loot and recycle it after the patch... so you can still work a bit ahead.

but even if its not possible... its comming and its no big deal... you will know what you have to get first.

I agree. We should just take all the changes the devs give us, without providing any feedback.

In fact, following Zorg's logic, we could probably just close the forums altogether.

Arga wrote:

I agree. We should just take all the changes the devs give us, without providing any feedback.

In fact, following Zorg's logic, we could probably just close the forums altogether.

who is the troll now...

feedback is good, no questions ask. but talking about obious things that will have no real reason to talk about is another thing...
but keep going if it keeps you entertained... i dont mind.

I work on the 80/20 troll concept, I've never claimed to be troll-free.  Free-range troll maybe.

How do we know things are obvious to everyone, until we talk about them. This 'obvious' oversight, as post above, wasn't even noticed by most players.

Talking about things that have no chance of getting changed or corrected? That's probably the case here, but again, if we don't bring up and discuss things??? Its like the lottery, the odds of winning (or getting a percieved error corrected) are terrible, but you can't win if you don't play (or post).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47267637/ns … e-science/

It turns out that sheer abundance of food is less important than what scientists sometimes call "patchiness" — the spatial distribution of a food source. Marine animals, from birds to dolphins, are able to home in on dense patches of food, making a more efficient use of precious energy for mealtime.

This is relevant, because it's the same concept. If mine fields become 'too patchy' miners will require too much energy (time) to harvest it.

(Note: I keep talking about mining, but harvesting has the same issues).

Zoom has already indicated that the original spawns will never have black/green; lets call it 5 cycles of material.

What I would suggest, is that every 3 days or so, the server runs a check, and deletes any tiles with less than the equivalent of 5 cycles worth of material.

This has 2 effects. First it will reduce fragmentation, and secondly in general, an indication of materials in a scan should provide a reasonable return of effort when you drive out there.

This solution may be technically difficult, or inferior to tools you have, but if you can add in an auto-matic 'clean up', it will greatly improve the mining experience overall.