1 (edited by Hug 2011-11-06 17:01:59)

Topic: Request: Extended Mission Option

Hey there,

i have been running a few missions lately for spark standing and i found it to be quite tedious very fast, tho i like farming basically.
why ?
it's like 90% running and 10% fighting. sure the mission does not take long which is nice when you have like 30 min but when i got time it just feels like traveling online smile

so here the idea to make it more attractive if you got more time or as a grp also:

-> introduce an extended mission option.
what i mean is that this would be the exact same mission but to complete it you need like 10x the npcs killed/looted/scanned or ore mined of the normal version.

standing and payout should also be multiplied but as traveling plays a role in keeping the cash flow limited the payout/standing could just be like 8x from normal single mission gain if necessary.

i for one find mission running in perp quite annoying as it is just way to little fighting and way to much running around for me. i don't know if there is players who enjoy this but this option would at least make mission running more fun and attractive now that we all "need" standing for sparks also and will very likely run more missions.

the new missions we got surely are more fun with more steps but i for one would enjoy more "farming" friendly missions that last a little longer.

o/

Re: Request: Extended Mission Option

I like this idea. I also like idea idea of accepting assignments remotely so you can be on the field and get field assignments. Then they can balance assignment payouts to include and exclude travelling. Assignment that involve killing and delivering items should pay more than those that are just about scanning or killing with no delivery.

I support the idea too. Currently all the kill missions should be labeled Travel.

Proud member of New Eden Exiles, SQUID Alliance.

Gasoline wrote:

I support the idea too. Currently all the kill missions should be labeled Travel.

Pretty much

Good idea and shouldn't be that difficult to implement while adding quite a lot of content/playability.

did i say somewhere - the extension parallel assignment is useless?

i also wrote somewhere that the former transport missions are so attractive because they offer you "the next mission" right at the spot where you finish your task (transport something from a to b).

you see - the system was now changed that transport missions are adjusted towards the combat mission, (instead the oppositte what i had requested sad )

so indeed

+1 for "on the field" mission accepting
+1 for removing parallel assingment extension (i know thats a shameless crosslink to my topic)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 for making mission running less tedious travel wise but still having them take just as long to actually do the mission (give transport missions at more terminals that go to more terminals)
+1 for removing parallel assignments

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

i would not argue about how difficult or not it is to implement (especially in regards of our last dev blog) but mission running needs to be somewhat viable in comparison to hunting/farming.

i can make like 5+ millions/h with farming easily while mission running will hardly yield you even one million/h.

The only problem with this suggestion is that a combat bot has barely enough crago space to hold the loot from a regular combat mission. Where areyou going to put 8x the amount of loot?

Calio wrote:

The only problem with this suggestion is that a combat bot has barely enough crago space to hold the loot from a regular combat mission. Where areyou going to put 8x the amount of loot?

as with every farming session as of now: field container + hauler to get it later if i feel like taking all with me tongue

even if i do not haul away the loot i can use a field container and only take the "good" & needed stuff with me that fits in a combat bot even after farming for 2h tongue

i don't really see a problem here tbh.