Topic: Parallel Mission Extension

Please, remove.

this one makes no sense. You are always limited on how many missions you can run at the same time by different factors:

Production missions: Factory lines, availiable missions
Transport missions: transport capacity, availiable missions
Combat missions: transport capacity, availiable missions
Mining missions: availiable missions, availiable mining spots

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

2 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-09-03 11:24:59)

Re: Parallel Mission Extension

I'd agree, as I don't think new players should have to waste points in this extension.

However, there are not many extensions of the missions-type, which I think is a bit bad. Maybe the base could just be higher than 1?

why is our EP not refunded for these type of extensions

especially when some people acquired them for certain missions that are no longer available like the golden triangle. Get on the ball, devs

I'd expect to this either either changed or refunded in the next patch.

Points should be refunded, makes sense, if there's no missions you can run concurrently, why should here be a skill.

It's not so much that there are no concurrent missions. But it does seem uselessly hard now to accept enough assignments to warrant even lvl 5 or 6 in the extension.

Alternately, I guess the devs could give us a good reason to think it will be useful again in the near future.

Annihilator wrote:

Please, remove.

I find this only really affects beta missions. Level 2-3 missions the extension was actually useful. However when I got to level 4, some missions where 50/100u, making it impossible to bennefit from this without a lithus (on beta big_smile)

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

*bump*

really,
please deactivate this extension.

instead change it to how many clients i can have on one IP at the same time... (not serious)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

+1

/agree. .. maybe this can be in the attribute change patch?

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

Sundial wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Please, remove.

I find this only really affects beta missions. Level 2-3 missions the extension was actually useful. However when I got to level 4, some missions where 50/100u, making it impossible to bennefit from this without a lithus (on beta big_smile)

Just yesterday i had to train this extension to be more effective in doing lvl2 and lvl3 missions. I had it on 1 and now it is on 5. I am usually doing a mix of logistics/combat/industrial missions which are close to each other.

lvl 3 mission havent been adjusted yet, youc an still run the big triangle

also, your already limited on how many missions are availiable, how many you can finish within the timeframe (which is currently 24h for many mission, during testing phase - i wont bid on them staying that way forever)
production missions are limited by your production lines already.

you cannot do more of them at once then you have free lines
same for reverse and prototyping.

combat missions - unless they implement 50 mission that ask you kill some NPCs in exactly the same place i dont really see a reason to limit how many you can take at once.

after two missions, my HEAVY mechs cargo usually is full with crap and mission items - then i have to go back to the delivery point anyway. If i lose a mission because i took 20 at once, and could not finish them within the timeframe - thats my fault.

conclusion:
this extension has no real use aside from limiting the early player experience (you have to train so many extensions early on to do something, and then you even have to train another extension to take more then one mission at once)

I can almost hear the dev's 'reluctance' to refund EP from an extension that was very very useful during the golden triangle days, but as Anni points out, with the new assignments your income per hour is not affected by the number of concurrent missions you can run.

As a compromise, perhaps changing the extension to "Mission Time Extension". The new missions are supposed to be changed to pay more dynamically based on completion time, with this extension your min time for bonus would be increased by X Minutes per level.

This would be a direct change from the parrell mission extension, meaning if you have Level 8 Parrallel mission you would have level 8 Mission Time afterwards. The devs don't have to refund any EP and characters will continue to receive value for the EP spent; if timed mission bonuses are implemented.

No offense folks but it just sounds like a bunch of people who decided to do the FOTM extension/toon/profession and now that it got hit with the nerf bat want to change.

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla - no its not.

does my corp look like we have millions of NIC from triangle runs?
Do i ask to get my logistic specialization extension points to get refunded?
or all other EP i have pumped into mission running?

even with the triangle beein present - i asked myself: why is that extension there? Why does it have 10 levels?

You should be able to accept as many assignments as you like at once as long as when you fail them all as a new player your don't get hit by too much negative standing.

smile

FULL SERVER WIPE NOW!!!!

lol...

I don't like something that I put EP into...can I get my EP back every time the Dev's Change something?

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr