Topic: Overheat

Yes, like the one in EvE.  Temporarily overheat a module causing it to neut harder / jam better / cycle faster / suppress stronger... but take damage.  Perhaps it could be repaired in the field using robot plasma smile

+1
-Confucius

Re: Overheat

I like the idea of overloading but I'd rather it be a "Death" thing. If you're going down and know you're about to die you can activate overload which gives you a load of AP but shortly after makes you take damage over time (If you're not already dead).

A good counter neuting and if you've got RR support you'll survive while getting a single one time burst of AP (Recharged when docked)

Alexander wrote:

I like the idea of overloading but I'd rather it be a "Death" thing. If you're going down and know you're about to die you can activate overload which gives you a load of AP but shortly after makes you take damage over time (If you're not already dead).

A good counter neuting and if you've got RR support you'll survive while getting a single one time burst of AP (Recharged when docked)

WTB: kamikaze mod for mechs tongue i mean who........ never mind ill stop stop at that roll

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Alexander wrote:

WTB: kamikaze mod for mechs tongue i mean who........ never mind ill stop stop at that roll

This would cause alot of fuuu

yarr

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Alex made my day. lol

Btw, I think having heat-sink modules and chance for your guns to overheat & be disabled would be interesting addition.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

6 (edited by Takeo Prime 2011-11-02 16:26:42)

While we are at it, lets have a body display of your bot and be able to "leg" each other and watch the whole squad limp around with a lame leg doing 2 kph. lol

Want better performance from your modules that you have fitted?  Skill up. IMO

Make this game more like mechwarrior big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

not much needed for that:

- rename Accumulator to HEAT threshhold
- rename injector to Coolant flush
- rename accumulator equip to heat sinks
- make robots shut down at empty accumulator (or then overheat)
- make robots explode when they hit negative AP (or then Heat)
- fiddle with recharge rates and such to balance the previous points

= mechwarrior heat mechanic

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Norrdec wrote:

Done http://mwomercs.com/

Alexander if you would like to try to use the name Norrdec in there, it's already taken ;P

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

We need a " this from Eve works and should be in the game" place so all of these go together.

and

+1

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

i dont like it. this is not eve. we dont need taht overheat. just streathens the dps. but there are more aspects in game and in fight that will not benefit from that.
not needed. get your skills up to get better.

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

We need a " this from Eve works and should be in the game" place so all of these go together.

and

+1

I also think the EvE forums need a "this works in Perpetuum and should be in EvE" thread.  Specifically for the line of sight and explosion damage on death features.

+1
-Confucius

Syrissa wrote:

i dont like it. this is not eve. we dont need taht overheat. just streathens the dps. but there are more aspects in game and in fight that will not benefit from that.
not needed. get your skills up to get better.

indeed - and we all know, we defenately need more DPS in perp!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

15 (edited by Syrissa 2011-11-03 14:48:02)

Annihilator wrote:

indeed - and we all know, we defenately need more DPS in perp!

and that is where you are wrong!

dps has to be ballanced with hp, resists, repair, ew ... ... ...
if you increase dps too much then you have too short fights. and for my opinion i dont want a fight where the person winns who gets the first shot off.

so if you inrease dps you have to reballance the rest. and in the end you have the same result just with bigger numbers.

or you can also say we dont need mor dps we just need less hps... same result...

look at the hole picture and not only your point of view...

*warning* *warning* *warning*
... sarcasm detection fail ...

With current DPS figures running an active tank allows you to tank 1-2 equally tiered/ep enemies permanently. I like the idea, but I think I agree with Anni and Syrissa here,

Sheild/Armor tanking needs a buff among other things if we were to introduce more DPS into the game.

Takeo Prime wrote:

While we are at it, lets have a body display of your bot and be able to "leg" each other and watch the whole squad limp around with a lame leg doing 2 kph. lol

Want better performance from your modules that you have fitted?  Skill up. IMO

set your bot to 1kph, that way you moonwalk all over your enemies

i'm a troll, if you take much of anything I say seriously, you need to rethink your life.

Sundial wrote:

With current DPS figures running an active tank allows you to tank 1-2 equally tiered/ep enemies permanently. I like the idea, but I think I agree with Anni and Syrissa here,

Sheild/Armor tanking needs a buff among other things if we were to introduce more DPS into the game.

So wait wait...first we need to Nerf ERP tanks...now we need to buff them?

And to say the simple solution was to just add overheating into the mix, who woulda thought.

A fat big bird told me the other day to expect a Troiar MK2 Nerf soon.
Will we have a shield buff thread in the future...answer...yea the way this is going.

I do love reading between the lines of the lines that are not lines at all but merely reality, in a real house of cards.  fuuu

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Sundial wrote:

So wait wait...first we need to Nerf ERP tanks...now we need to buff them?

And to say the simple solution was to just add overheating into the mix, who woulda thought.

A fat big bird told me the other day to expect a Troiar MK2 Nerf soon.
Will we have a shield buff thread in the future...answer...yea the way this is going.

I do love reading between the lines of the lines that are not lines at all but merely reality, in a real house of cards.  fuuu

Thats why its called "pvp balance" rather than "pvp binary decision making" tongue

+1
-Confucius

I like this idea.
f.e. Pelistians will say big "thanks!", if they will be able to decrease cycle in 3x times, overheating missile launchers. And this should looks fantastic: sky will became dark when 5 gropho will turn on "overheat" mode.

Binary, you didn't read the "If".

Don't use one broken mechanic (Evasive/Shield combo) as an excuse to nerf everything altogether.

Shield and armor tanking balanced DPS wise now around tanking 1-2 people. Ive done the math/fits and its nothing fancy. It does not need a nerf. When you add more DPS, tanking / duration of combat needs to be looked at.

23 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2011-11-04 18:57:22)

Sundial wrote:

Binary, you didn't read the "If".

Don't use one broken mechanic (Evasive/Shield combo) as an excuse to nerf everything altogether.

Shield and armor tanking balanced DPS wise now around tanking 1-2 people. Ive done the math/fits and its nothing fancy. It does not need a nerf. When you add more DPS, tanking / duration of combat needs to be looked at.

The DPS in the game is going up all the time as players get older, more EP, and better equipment, as well as those shiny MK2 bots.

In reality tanks need to be buffed sooner rather then later, and not just EHP but actual reping power.

Just Sayin

The magnitude and duration of the boost given by an overheat could affect defences as much if not more than dps so the dps vs tank debate is not actually all that relevant.

+1
-Confucius

25 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-11-11 05:43:53)

I never understud the fun some people have from instant-pop stuff hmm.

For me a good fight is a fight which last for minimum 5 minutes where both sides had to reload their guns at last 3 times.

So a clear NO for more DPS in any form. Not even as "I win" overhead button.

PS:
I mean hell, you guys cry becouse there are not enough targets and so not enough fights.
And now you try to make this few fights you get even shorter?
What's the sense behind this?
Is running around for hours to one shot a target and then run around for more hours so much fun?

Just to run around in cycles over islands you don't need beta. Go to Attalica, round 3 times around the iceland, shot a Drone at ICS and run the next 3 cycles yarr.

PPS:
This is not EvE. Don't try to make it a second EvE for what ever reason!