1 (edited by Scyylla 2011-10-22 00:45:41)

Topic: New Plants LOS

The new plants need to go.....

LOS is already a PITA and now it is much much worse with the addition of these new plants. Please remove them. fuuu

Why have anything but missle bots if you want to have so much of the landscape covered with garbage that keeps the other races from shooting more then 25m in front of them??????:fuuu::fuuu::fuuu:

Inappropriate signature.

Re: New Plants LOS

What's wrong with the new plants?
I don't see how they effect LOS as they're no different than the current plants.

And it's nice to see some more variety.

Alexander wrote:

What's wrong with the new plants?
I don't see how they effect LOS as they're no different than the current plants.

And it's nice to see some more variety.

You will have one more thing in your way that you have to shoot through unless you are 25m away from an npc....:fuuu:

Stealth nerf to all but green. Isn't it bad enough that a pebble obstructs 1/2 our shots???

Inappropriate signature.

there must be three new plants

i have seen two already, which dont affect passable terrain at all (like the "grass" plants). havent seen the third one yet.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Three new plants effect passable terrain. In early growth they do not.

Eplisque
Uropsia
Aclya

All three block terrain......

Inappropriate signature.

well, i hope they are growing fast... and later, they are cleared fast with grenade launcher... wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

well, i hope they are growing fast... and later, they are cleared fast with grenade launcher... wink

They need to be removed or made passable and not effect LOS...

Inappropriate signature.

Hey devs? Why my Gropho cant squash the plants underfoot?
Thank you!

New plants are cool. They die easily too. You just need to fire more often. Possibly not alpha striking all the time.

10 (edited by Alexander 2011-10-23 16:36:54)

I have to agree that more cover is better. If you want to have a 1000m long shooting match then just keep firing and you'll melt through the plants very quickly while your enemy poops themselves! big_smile

Very good feeling. However, why my seth can't squash them under foot Devs?

Don't touch new plants! Islands looks awesome with them!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

yep, the egg plant looks nice when its grown up a bit. Hopefully with shader 3.0 it will blend a bit better into the landscape its first form.

Annihilator wrote:

yep, the egg plant looks nice when its grown up a bit. Hopefully with shader 3.0 it will blend a bit better into the landscape its first form.

My thoughts exactly.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

14 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-25 21:05:49)

three things i would like to see:
1. more plants
2. zone specific plants (a plant that grows in the desert)
3. plants that do something aside of beeing destructible obstacles
4. plants growing fast ontop and near certain ores

about 3.:
i had a little talk in genreal chat two days ago:
- some plants could be very explosive, dealing AoE damage when beeing shot
- some plants could be very resistant against certain damage typer, or even reflecting it
- some plants could emitt a kind of effect that affects robots nearby (slow down effect, interference, accu draining...)

edit:
about 4.:
the symbiont was presented with plant remover "weapon", back in early beta. If certain ore deposits would only be accessible after removing plants that block the access to them, this module would actually make sense - aside of faster destroying of opponents helio/triandlus fields...

Player vs Environment - doesn't just have to be npc's, plants with aoe effects would certainly add new dimensions to bot PVE and PVP combat!

expanded previous post

17 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-10-26 02:40:10)

Annihilator wrote:

three things i would like to see:
1. more plants
2. zone specific plants (a plant that grows in the desert)
3. plants that do something aside of beeing destructible obstacles
4. plants growing fast ontop and near certain ores

about 3.:
i had a little talk in genreal chat two days ago:
- some plants could be very explosive, dealing AoE damage when beeing shot
- some plants could be very resistant against certain damage typer, or even reflecting it
- some plants could emitt a kind of effect that affects robots nearby (slow down effect, interference, accu draining...)

edit:
about 4.:
the symbiont was presented with plant remover "weapon", back in early beta. If certain ore deposits would only be accessible after removing plants that block the access to them, this module would actually make sense - aside of faster destroying of opponents helio/triandlus fields...

wtb a new slash & burn mod tongue

But really i do like your ideas. the more things that bring variety to the game & those wide open spaces the better smile

I want more trees as in forest of them... & i want to be able to log them big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

And tbfh allow WEAPONS to KILL plants if they're primaried. We've been doing it for ages already by going past this missing mechanic and it's just stupid to not be able to primary a plant anyway.

I'd like to see AoE that hurts only those who is shooting plants and/or NPC's - for alpha islands be more dangerous and interesting. May be hard to implement tho.

having syndicate protection on alpha blocking AoE damage would be just a logical step to be able to implement AoE weapons anyway.

There are just three joices:
- forbid AoE weapons on alpha (worst)
- no AoE damage on player under protection (fastest, least exploitable)
- police towers back, with addition that they remember you... (well, suicie gankig possible to a certain extend)

I'm talking about those exploding plants actually, and NPC explosion big_smile But yes, indeed. Also we can have flying police bots, will be much better than towers imo.

22 (edited by Alexandra 2011-10-26 15:23:36)

You should be able to shoot tiles in general.

Graphically they also should make weapons that hit tiles not hit the centre of the time. Each "Hit" should randomise the location on the tile that it hits.

Mining lasers would look 50% cooler if they didn't all mine the same pixel. Let's do this the YouTube way.

+1 this to the top.. (Make a new thread for locking and shooting tiles and their graphical effects) wink

I AM NOT A GM™

Alexandra wrote:

You should be able to shoot tiles in general.

Graphically they also should make weapons that hit tiles not hit the centre of the time. Each "Hit" should randomise the location on the tile that it hits.

Mining lasers would look 50% cooler if they didn't all mine the same pixel. Let's do this the YouTube way.

+1 this to the top.. (Make a new thread for locking and shooting tiles and their graphical effects) wink

while i like your idea a lot, I'd prefer intrusion 2.0 right now smile)

24 (edited by Eng Daniel 2011-11-06 02:47:22)

More 3 islands with hybrid sistema, not open PVP but allow AoE even bots explodes. Its cool to training some extra envirements in PvP.

And this islands can have that kind of plants fire or poison the bot.

EDIT:
Poison and not poisen

Poisen* the (ro)bot?

I like the AoE plant damage so I'll rephrase it for you: infect the bot.

I'm not 2 much into perp lore, but if it's a mechanical and digital world, maybe plants are digital as well with digital spores. Upon plant death, AoE spores could spread out , infecting nearby bots, slowing them down or jamming them or whatever. Or acidic juices could damage armor or something.

Lots of stuff can happen if devs like the idea smile