Topic: A Thank You

This is not a Troll
I would like to thank everyone who contributed there valuable feedback about “tank fits” being ran. I do not know of the players who used these ERP tanks consistently within the last 2 months. However out of this has come a new wave a possibility’s for fittings. These possibilities have removed the need for my Lemon fit and allow me to once again move faster than 50 KPH. I do look forward to my new fits being ran and used as well as all combat being 65+ I can only hope I have opponents who step on to Beta in real bots for a real fight.

The Days of the Lemon are gone, The Rise of the Skurd™ is upon us, embrace it with glory.

Question: I thought beta was supposed to be risk vs reward, with the recent changes on top of the previous changes what is the intent of syndicate protection?
It no longer covers a load time but has now effectively reinvented the safety zone around teleports.

TL:DR  My new Artemis fit is called  a Skurd and Reap the benefits of your Labor my friends for I am coming.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: A Thank You

Cool Story bro.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wondered about that, since I havn't been to beta since the safe zone was removed, it seemed like a gate camp group could still be able to pre-lock then alpha strike any none double plated tank dead; since you can't turn on any modules.

This may lead to a little more exploring on my part. Course, a Skurd with a 4 second lock time could probably still get off an alpha strike smile

The changes to locking were added likely because allowing someone ( a group mostly ) to prelock a target and alpha them when the timer ran out was redundant. You were dead the second you walked through to a gate camp that has enough alpha, which I think kinda defeats the purpose of the protection in the first place. Now people peeking through gates will actually be able to get away  from gate camps.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

P.S. Also intended for there to be a 3-5 second delay on protection dropping on movement?

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Gate camping isn't likely to work nor is station camping due to protection changes. However the kain changes have meant that a high damage kain can now be more usable in PvP despite some fittings now being slower than before the patch. High speed and still low range but ranges with some ammos have been increased. The Seth is now pretty beefy if highly skilled.

Grim Faust wrote:

The changes to locking were added likely because allowing someone ( a group mostly ) to prelock a target and alpha them when the timer ran out was redundant. You were dead the second you walked through to a gate camp that has enough alpha, which I think kinda defeats the purpose of the protection in the first place. Now people peeking through gates will actually be able to get away  from gate camps.

Uh-huh?

I beg your pardon, but it was/is not a bug at all, but the very design of the game that the molecular instability timer lasts 5s longer than the syndicate protection timer.

The reason for designing the timers to NOT to overlap for their full durations was to DISENABLE the ability to be completely immortal at Beta islands and with this latest patch they just re-enabled the immortality yet again!

I guess now you are asking what exactly do I mean with “yet again”? Well let me explain myself then...

My memory is somewhat vague of all the details and as such people who have better memory than me can correct if I make mistakes on details. 

After the launch there were small circle of protected zone at the beta island entry gates and naturally people abused the hell out of this safe zone. GotEvil and his Kain sitting whole day at the protection zone should bring nostalgic memories to those that played the game in Domhalarn back in the day.

I can’t remember any more if it was a design or if it broke down in some patch, but regardless there was a period of time where the protection timer and instability timers overlapped full their full duration and yet again as is natural people abused the hell out of this up until the dev team fixed it.

Then there was a time where protection timers and instability timers indeed did not overlap, but the protection timer could be exploited to restart by players who knew how to pull the exploit off.

I never quite got how people pulled the exploit off (it had something to do on jumping from one character to another to generate lag spike?), but abusing this bug was running widely and rampant until the dev time finally heard the outcry of the people being completely sick and tired of the exploiting and they fixed it.

And fastforward and here we are at present day, but this time it is the Devs that have decided to bring back the immortality to the Beta islands.

Ironically your signature more or less sums up the situation: “Take the long way around back to square one”

We are now indeed back to the square one: November 18 or 25, 2010, with safe zones around teleporters and outposts.

I never said it was a bug, it just seemed like odd logic to me. Which is why I explained why I figured they changed it. But I quess we wont know the why unless they say.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Difference in timers - 5s. Locking time (if leveled and fitted properly) - 4s. As an additional - random position after jump, even out of tele range. So you still able to kill the jumper, it's just harder smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Difference in timers - 5s. Locking time (if leveled and fitted properly) - 4s. As an additional - random position after jump, even out of tele range. So you still able to kill the jumper, it's just harder smile

There is no difference... there has been no difference since the last major patch.

The difference NOW is that you can lock them ahead of time in hopes they are brain dead and dont jump.

Undefeated 2013

In my opinion he major problem in old behavior was that you could land outside place to jump back and getting demobed before you could move inside teleport range so even if you'r fitted to withstand 10-20 sec fire, you might end up dead from the time you ported.

With the new locking time, you might get alphaed, but that is just in rare case for bots with some protection. And you have at least 4s to run back in tp range what should help in any case.

Still fine your fitt Lemon, but not OP, you can handle 1-2 guy, not 3-4 thats the changes.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Still fine your fitt Lemon, but not OP, you can handle 1-2 guy, not 3-4 thats the changes.

With armor tuners now being heaver AND less effective its had a double nerf.

With weapon tuners being reduced in weight AND given crit chance its had a double boost.   So there is never any reason for the old lemon fit...  in fact, there is never any reason to tank at all now, in anything. 

Even the Kains bonus to armor repping means nothing,  since everyone now has a much higher DPS capability.

The game is now about who can shoot first... so the Artemis, with it already having a crit bonus can now fit loads of weapon tuners, crit nexus, you get between 30 / 40% crit chance..

so either you fit the old lemon, and get destroyed because everyone has huge crit, and you cant rep anymore or you yourself fit for pure dps and hope to hit them first.

I noticed that protection timer delay also Lemon. This may only be a visual delay though, as I moved and it did take about 2 seconds for the protectin timer icon to drop. Next time I have 2 bots at a TP i'll check to see if it's a visual thing with the icon not dropping, of if you can actually get a 2 sec headstart.

Arga wrote:

I noticed that protection timer delay also Lemon. This may only be a visual delay though, as I moved and it did take about 2 seconds for the protectin timer icon to drop. Next time I have 2 bots at a TP i'll check to see if it's a visual thing with the icon not dropping, of if you can actually get a 2 sec headstart.

i noticed it trying to step>lock with my follow bot and there is a delay both mechanically and visually.

Folks again right now there is a drought of PvP and from my experience the past few months the second i undock any enamys that were around run. The only time i got pvp was sitting on a Gate waiting for someone to try and poke there head in to beta (a risky move).

Now, i log in and have mouths run while little lights/assaults cry on the gate for a fight and immediately jump out safely.

Beta is like a Prison now with the beta players on the inside of the cell and people can take a tour now of all the cells and spit on everyone until they see someone whimpy enough to open the cell door and come in to beat on someone they actually can.

TL:DR Let me F**k**G Shoot someone.

Why did i lose my ability to give these kids the fight they so well wish for?

Undefeated 2013

This was probably why they added it. Trying to encourage more people to go to beta, to be met with a wall of F*you just for teleporting in seems counter-productive.

I believe Neoxx asked many times for tp's to randomly place you along the beaches, no where neat the actual TP.

I think a good FPS equivalent is having an objective to storm a building, but a sniper inside imediately kills anything that steps in the door, with no way to kill the sniper from outside. Eventually people just stop trying to rush the door, even without a death penalty, and go play something else.

Arga wrote:

This was probably why they added it. Trying to encourage more people to go to beta, to be met with a wall of F*you just for teleporting in seems counter-productive.

I believe Neoxx asked many times for tp's to randomly place you along the beaches, no where neat the actual TP.

I think a good FPS equivalent is having an objective to storm a building, but a sniper inside imediately kills anything that steps in the door, with no way to kill the sniper from outside. Eventually people just stop trying to rush the door, even without a death penalty, and go play something else.

But you see if they are randomly dropped there is a risk as they would be on island.

Now there is no risk and no pvp.

Undefeated 2013

Lemon wrote:
Arga wrote:

But you see if they are randomly dropped there is a risk as they would be on island.

Now there is no risk and no pvp.

What is this shortage of PvP you speak of? I get it on a dailly basis.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

19 (edited by Celebro 2011-08-27 01:52:28)

Just drop external tps from game and make a huge mother f** continent! tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Sundial wrote:

PvP is a real fight. Not whipping some stains off the bottom of my gropho

Undefeated 2013

Lemon wrote:
Sundial wrote:

PvP is a real fight. Not whipping some stains off the bottom of my gropho

Try fighting in an assult for once, maybe people won't "run away" when they see you.

Lololol. Yes lemon, please downgrade so that Perpetuum community will have the guts to go after you.

What do you mean downgrade... I already busted his *** down to a Prometheus. And I bet the next thing I'm gonna hear before my vacation is done is that the little whiny b*tch has been running around with 2 Med. Autocannons on his Prom wiping people... again.

Pls nerf machineguns/autocannons so I don't have to listen to his QQ for more T4 autocannons/machineguns.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

24 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-08-27 18:00:51)

Sundial wrote:

If everyone wanted to farm x hours to get a nicely fit heavy mech and only pvp'd in that, we could look at the killboards. But the killboards are showing the majority of people prefer to use smaller bots, and mechs to fight. Even your own alliance guys go out in smaller bots to have fun. When we pay time already to grind minerals, and kernels, why should we pay more to grind for pvp?

If everyone wanted to play counter pvp and go with counter fits to counter 1 guy, then we'd be seeing that. But we don't on the killboards, we see people bringing some mechs to balance a fleet.

The guy that just wants that epic fight, well he can sit on station like the op does and wait for it while the rest of us get 100 fun fights - and then get ganked wink. I know which choice will encourage subs, more corps, and a larger community.

Keep laughing CIR and keep sitting on your station bored. Thats fine by me. If you are looking for mass PvP, I doubt you will get any anytime soon as we all know the Novastrov alliance will bring double the enemies numbers and at least match their numbers with heavy mechs.

Take a look in the mirror and ask why you don't have any PvP. Ill keep pew pewing and enjoying myself.