1 (edited by Annihilator 2011-07-20 18:25:53)

Topic: Storyline mission discussion

First impression:

UASD = combat corp = easy to get there with combat agent (which is necessary)
DFI = Industrial corp = lol, not possible to get there with combat only agent
ASI = Logistic corp = if you did triangle run with your corp alt its ok...

Tried the first step of the DFI mission line with my industrial alt:
- reach position A
- reach position B and interagate with something
- kill 4 assaults while two demobbing ewars attack you right away

that is where i had to stop and cancel the mission, as i have to kill those npcs myself, which is impossible with my industrial agent. first flaw found: mission needs a group, but doesnt support groupplay...

tbc...

now im going to grind DFI missions to raise standing in squad... hurray!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Storyline mission discussion

I just finished Part B -

PART C spawned 3 NPCS..

Some other guy was there and killed them .. I now cant finish the assignment ...

BAD BAD BAD ...

The notes do indicate that you'll need a group for the last parts of the missions.

Although these assignments can be completed solo by a well-advanced and equipped Agent, don't be fooled by the initial easier objectives: the final tasks will generally require you to work together with other Agents to be successful.

Re: DaOpa - Do they respawn, or does part-b cause the npc's to spawn specificly?

confused here.

If I don't have ASI at 3.5 I can't get the logistics mission? or does ICS have a new 3.5 logistics mission too?

That would suck if your a TMA producer (ground rep with TMA corps), and couldn't do either of the indy assignments because you know that every level 2 with ASI or ICS would give neg rep with TMA so you wouldn't do that ...

you missunderstood me there:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/38985/#p38985

the coproration that gives out the asintec storyline mission, is the one you get as starter corp if you choose asintec and all green attributes. This npc corp offers only logistic assignments.
if you want to raise your standing with that corp to unlock the storyline mission, you have to go on logistic missions, or industrial ones and only single combat one if im not mistaken.

its kinda contradicting with the announcement regarding standing and indstrials. now you are almost forced to do non-combat acitivies to unlock a storyline mission.
Im just asking "where are we going"?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

So, it is true. If I want to do the ASI missions I have to go grind rep with that corp up to 3.5, and lose rep with ICS.

"I didn't want to do those missions anyway"

Complete "TM Storyline" assignements from start to finish -

Video
http://www.justin.tv/daopa/b/290631846

DaOpa couldnt you speed it up like 4-5 times?

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Dan wrote:

DaOpa couldnt you speed it up like 4-5 times?

Negitive - JTV is a live stream site ....theres no editing, only raw video from capture!

Couple guys ran it, said it was crap and not worth bothering to grind faction standings.

Any truth to this?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'm assuming it's to provide a little more story like a few people asked for, rather than give wtfbbq rewards of some kind.

The Asintec Assignment is the only one I've bothered to do and they really missed the point.
At one point I walked past a whole host of interesting consoles and was really excited but my first assignment was to reach point A and look around and then drop off item to point B. Not boring by any means but a lot of walking and no real storyline that I found interesting. No hints at any rewards or epic battles later on but for a Logistic corporation I expect this and expect that all to be about geoscanning at running about.

Suddenly mission 2 was to kill a few mobs and collect a data console. Great, I can do with with an alt and loot it with another character. Great thinking for gang based missions. Happy about that. So I managed to get it despite the mobs having a tiny leash range, short range weapons and high speed that meant you NEEDED a mech there to farm them.

Part three: Go to Hershfield.. Here we go again, transports.. Fine.. Off I went. Instantly noticing the money on offer was rather higher than the previous kill mission but I thought that perhaps the run to Hershfield was being compensated for. How wrong I was. I got there and I was faced with a very well made huge fortified area full of low level but well placed NPCs that wanted to kill me. The assignment was to charge in release a captain. Tired from the hauling and wondering who doing logistics would have such a great combat character charged in, ended up bringing a third alt along to deal with the mobs while releasing the captain. That was fun but I would have liked it to be a little more involved. If someone else tags your captain first I am pretty sure you fail the entire assignment which should be looked at.

Anyway I then placed the two artifacts into a building and the animation was great. It didn't make the entire assignment worth it but it showed what I should have been seeing the entire time. I wanted to see more animations and effects like that. I wanted to see entire fields of NPCs or buildings wiped out and felt a little disinterested when I didn't get to do anything that fun or cool. Ended up having to do one more assignment which was Tag (and Kill) 5 NPCs in a given location and collect an item from behind them.

This wasn't fun or easy to do with a group but it was done and the entire assignment was totally anti-climatic.

My biggest issue with them is they should be longer story arcs with breaks in-between every 3 or so stages and NOT be repeatable.

Perhaps every have it so that they're in stages. Add in level 1 storylines with a nicer reward at the final assignment that people can progress through. Add more effects, more consoles uses and less walking. Try to keep as much of the assignment contained to one island as possible. If it's a Logistics based assignment include more hauling between locations rather than between islands. Balance the combat out and make it so that the harder the stages are harder but also squadable. Right now managing who has tagged what in a spawn where you need to kill 5 each just isn't working and I can't imagine it's any easier with someone standing 800m away tagging all your spawns before you get there. Easily griefed.

Reward vs time is poorer than level 1 triangle. I had three characters to do it and I could have made 100K per character per visit to each terminal easily. 300K every few minutes isn't much but it's more reward than the entire storyline mission. NPC killing is worth more with a single character.. Not balanced.

I watch DaOpa's vid, and it's obvious that a fair amount of time and effort went into designing the new locations. So it's dissapointing to read Alex's write up.

I would do the ICS mission and report back, but of my 31% standings, it's mostly logistics which doesn't qulify me with the one corp handing out the mission.

What it seems like, is that AC has spent a lot of time and effort developing an advanced level quest, I mean mission, which very few Industrial people are going to do. The trouble isn't so much that the 3.5 rep level sets the entry level so high, it's that you also have to be 'lucky' enough to have ground out 3.5 in the specific company of the mission chain your most interested in too.

TMA Indy players simply aren't going to grind ICS and ASI to 3.5 just to do one or the other of these story line missions.

You've basically made a Combat oriented story arc. Since Combat characters can scan and haul and do the combat, but since most combat characters don't care about Rep, they also won't be qualified to do them, and so all this hard work has been for a dozen or so characters that will run it a few times, maybe.

14 (edited by Mike ShiJun 2011-07-21 19:34:59)

The new storyline buildings stand on top of some high yield ore fields (at least in hershfield) is there any way to relocate the fields?

Don't see any real reward in doing this so I just wont bother, theres more productive things to do with my time in-game.

A+ for the effort tho Devs. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Mike ShiJun wrote:

The new storyline buildings stand on top of some high yield ore fields (at least in hershfield) is there any way to allocate the fields?

It's called a geoscanner. smile

17 (edited by Mike ShiJun 2011-07-21 19:35:12)

My mistake, i meant relocate.

about the reward:

Blog wrote:

While these new missions are only available to Agents with high relations (they are level 3 assignments) and form a small proportion of all missions in game, they serve as a great platform to test our new assignment features that will find their way into the entire assignment system.

seems like those missions are only a testbed for the new features, not really the fleshed out.
can someone confirm that the "boss" npcs do not drop anything yet?

Hmm, so maybe it being a limited audience is intentional.

Working as intended then.