Topic: Idea: Re-organize and re-categorize the robots

THE FOLLOWING TEXT DRAWS ON CURRENT STRUCTURE BUT ELABORATES FOR THE PURPOSE OF FUTURE EXPANSION OF GAMEPLAY.

I`d like to see the robots split in the following categories:

1. Spiders
2. Mechs

Where:

1. Spiders are
   -All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) or can at least traverse far steeper slopes
   -Spiders a styled and purposed for guerilla tactics and warfare
   -Come in 3 classes:
            A) Recon Spider:
                Good masking + Target painting (works as demasking module, but creates a 
                target "tile" squad members can attack indirectly through artillery weapons
            B) Assault Spider:
                General combat platform
            C) Support Spider:
                 Bonus to neutralizing and demobilization

2. Mechs re
    -Bi-peds
    -Styled and purposed as general warfare platforms (invasion and occupation)
    -Come in 3 Classes:
              A) Scout Mech (Light Weapons as with all spiders)
                  Bonus to Jet Packs and Electronic Warfare
              B) Combat Mech (Medium Weapons)
                  Bonus to Tanking and Weapons
              C) Heavy Mechs (Large Weapons)
                   While Combat Mechs are the general purpose mechs the heavy mech is THE
                   anti-mech asset.

*Most robots would already fall into these categories. The idea is not to revolutionize, but to streamline and open for further natural expansion of robots.

Down the line when the mechanics and content are in place i would add a new class above mechs called DESTROYERS. Though i don`t see much point in discussing something like that now.

Re: Idea: Re-organize and re-categorize the robots

Where do indy bots fit in?

Imo, I wouldn't try to reinvent a wheel. Only thing I would do is to switch a little (I think we are talking about markets tabs, don't we?):
Swap range with robot type, i.e.:

[-] Robots
  [+] Standard service bots (I really know what it is, a race or a type?)
  [-] Light bots
    [-] Electronic Warfare

- Nuimqol
      - Pelistal
      - Thelodica

[+] Combat
    - Industrial

Same goes for other types

It would help people compare various robots of same type (which I think more people do that than comparing bots of the same race) without scrolling through other types they don't want.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Dan, thats how it was before, and was probably changed because many noobs bought the wrong factions bot all the time (like they still do with argano an laird)

only solution would be to get rid of the tree-based market window, and switch to spreadsheet with sorting by columns

Arkhe	| Light Robot	| Syndicate
Yagel	| Light Robot	| Nuimqol
Arbalest| Assault Robot	| Nuimqol
Waspish	| Assault Robot	| Pelistal

you could click on the column header to sort by name, class or faction, whatever you like.

the "Tree" could still be implemented like you got with scan-folders or remote assets for the different market section (robots, ammo, equip, materials, misc)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear