Topic: Something wrong with my math about miner cycle times?

The t3 medium miner module has a base cycle time of 11 second even
I have rank 4 of advanced robotics, granting a 20% bonus to cycle time ( I assume that means cycle time reduction?)
I also have rank 4 or basic intensive mining( granting 4%), and rank 2 of advanced intensive mining (also granting 4%)

this means my cycle time bonuses are 20%, 4% and 4%

Here is my math based on that info:

11 x .80 x.96 x.96 = ~8.11 seconds
Yet in game it says the cycle time of this module is 8.59 seconds?

Is the error in my math, my logic, or the game itself?

2 (edited by bigsteve 2011-07-11 05:38:50)

Re: Something wrong with my math about miner cycle times?

Please you need to use Hungarian maths....

in this case, its CycleTime/(1+BasicExt+AdvExt+ExpExt+Bot Bonus)/(1+ChargeExt)

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

3 (edited by Thomas Gallant 2011-07-11 06:03:13)

Ah, well the math works, but it seems odd that X% cycle reduction is really +X% yield a second, converted into reduced cycle time

let me put is this way, a 100% reduction in cycle time in theory should make the cycle time nothing, it is 100% reduced, however using "hungarian" math it's 1/2 the original time. Something that conflicts with my American Logic

100% cycle time means +1 addiotional cycle in the same amount of time without any cycle time bonuses. Its not exactly cycle time, more likely rate of fire, i can use it 1 / every  12 sec, if i got cycletime bonus i can use it 1 + bonus / every 12 sec. In that way you will never reach 0 cycle time, which would be ridiculous.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

DEV Alf wrote:

100% cycle time means +1 addiotional cycle in the same amount of time without any cycle time bonuses. Its not exactly cycle time, more likely rate of fire, i can use it 1 / every  12 sec, if i got cycletime bonus i can use it 1 + bonus / every 12 sec. In that way you will never reach 0 cycle time, which would be ridiculous.

You should see the error in your ways and fix it asap.  You guys are way too inconsistent when using the terms cycle time and rate of fire, because they are completely inverse ideas.

->You just lost The Game<-

hmmm,
sounds like another "wording" issue here. nothing easier to fix as that big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear