1 (edited by Bearthon 2011-07-10 22:58:09)

Topic: A few small requests

Only have a few minor requests.

When pressing the 'Interact' button on field container, it would be nice if it tried to create a path to it instead of going in a straight line and being blocked by things.

I don't do much combat and don't know what robots I can take on. It would good if it had a description of whether it is suitable for my robot to engage it, eg Deadly, Weak, Equal.

Implants. It would be great if we had implants similar to the unmentionable game so there is a way increase stats in the areas you are weak in.

If you have a stack of minerals bigger than the your cargo it should automatically split the stack so just the right amount of stuff fits in the cargo. At the moment it says 'Container is full' and adds nothing into the cargo if a stack is bigger than it.

Thanks all for now!
Bear.

Re: A few small requests

Bearthon wrote:

When pressing the 'Interact' button on field container, it would be nice if it tried to create a path to it instead of going in a straight line and being blocked by things.

Well it is kind of your job to navigate to it before interacting with it. All the interact button does is try to get you within the minimum range to interact. Shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

I don't do much combat and don't know what robots I can take on. It would good if it had a description of whether it is suitable for my robot to engage it, eg Deadly, Weak, Equal.

Those descriptions would depend almost as much on your skill as your extensions and equipment. It should be up to you to do your homework first. For example if you are in an light bot, you wouldn't try to take on a mech.

Implants. It would be great if we had implants similar to the unmentionable game so there is a way increase stats in the areas you are weak in.

Already being discussed here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ttributes/

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:
Bearthon wrote:

Well it is kind of your job to navigate to it before interacting with it. All the interact button does is try to get you within the minimum range to interact. Shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Those descriptions would depend almost as much on your skill as your extensions and equipment. It should be up to you to do your homework first. For example if you are in an light bot, you wouldn't try to take on a mech.

Already being discussed here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ttributes/

It is just a convenience thing really.

As a noob I have no idea if I can take on a drone, 0 star havoc, 1 star, nia drone because it looks like there is no difference to me. I'm sure to an experience vet it seems really simple, but some1 new to the game it is not.

a 3rd star is not as dangerous as a 3rd star. Should having demobs make it dangerous? Is ap draining just weak? It could to done - to describe every single mob type, but that could be done later if at all smile But then again an armored bot is not going to look at demobing mobs as dangerous... see the problem here?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Ok firstly all the NPCs have names the names = ranks/some fits. If you check a few peoples bio  in the game I'm sure you will find it eventually http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/us … nformation alternatively you could use the FOOM Perpetuum wiki and find all that. smile

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Apart from the ranks, there's an easy to remember system for the Faction robot types.  Thelodica enemy robots are named after animals, Pelistal enemy robots are named after various historical types of thugs and warrior, Nuimqol enemy robots are named after various onomatopoeic types of destructiveness (smashing, etc.).