Topic: Liquid Mining

So I've been mining for a good week or so, and I was thinking.

Liquid mining seems kinda broken in concept of AFK mining. In the past day, I pulled up in a hauler with a miner and mined for an 8 hour span. sure its not much money but when you get enough people doing this, the price of liquid items will drop to worthless and we will have  too much of it in the markets.

Did the developers thinks of this when making this concept?

Re: Liquid Mining

hdt price is already down to almost worthless, and liquizit is a pain to mine anyway.

ontop of that, the deposits are not infinite...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I raise your 8 sequers mining AFK with 8 heavy mech miners. In the time it takes you to drive back to the terminal after your 8 hours afk mining (And risk of NPCs spawning on you) The 8 active miner group would have mined more. HDT prices are pretty stable as is the titan ore price. They're about 0.5 NIC each and that's about where they should stay. Liquizit isn't worth mining as if a corp has a liquizit bottle neck they're making a large number of T2+ gear and then can usually mine it themselves.

Liquids flow between times and having haulers mine is a real waste of mining cycles. It is possible to do it but it's not ideal at all. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's profitable or smart.

price, Price, PRICE, Don''t Sell, MAKE....

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Alexander wrote:

I raise your 8 sequers mining AFK with 8 heavy mech miners. In the time it takes you to drive back to the terminal after your 8 hours afk mining (And risk of NPCs spawning on you) The 8 active miner group would have mined more. HDT prices are pretty stable as is the titan ore price. They're about 0.5 NIC each and that's about where they should stay. Liquizit isn't worth mining as if a corp has a liquizit bottle neck they're making a large number of T2+ gear and then can usually mine it themselves.

Liquids flow between times and having haulers mine is a real waste of mining cycles. It is possible to do it but it's not ideal at all. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's profitable or smart.

so your saying I need to factor in the price of charges as well. In terms of location and NPC spawning, well there is no risk, at least where I am at. If anything, I need to worry about the spot getting minded out from others before I get back to check on it.

As for making it, I'm too young in EP for making stuff. if anything, I send it to my corp market and cut the tax cost from my haul. If mining is my primary source of income, then my accounts are doing nothing when I sleep and do RL stuff. so afk mining HDT is not a waste of cycles. as far as I know any way, I need to edit my spreadsheets and add cost of charges into the math.

First transports are too easy and now mining is too easy?

I am loving this new community. I thought people would complain about everything taking a long time and being too hard.

big_smile

Alexander wrote:

First transports are too easy and now mining is too easy?

I am loving this new community. I thought people would complain about everything taking a long time and being too hard.

big_smile

XD I'm just conern about the futrue of the game thats all. If its working as intendend, fine. more money for me tongue

Lets assume this AFK miner is actually put some points into mining;

Med Miner fit with Tuners and EP + 100% Yield 8s cycle time

HDT 750 * (1 +1) = 1500 / 8s  = 187.5 ore/sec
Liquizit 225 * (1 + 1) = 450 / 8s = 56.25 ore/sec

So not including reload times, it would take;

Lithus 240 U

HDT         4,800,000 [25600s] 7.11 hours
Liquizit     1,200,000 [21333s] 5.93 hours

Same Player in a Riveler has (5) med miners with same skills will do the above in 1/5 the time.

----

In comparison, a new player in a sequar with Small Miner, 18s cycle time and only 50% bonus.

HDT 750 * (1 + .5) = 1125 /18s  = 62.5 ore/sec
Liquizit 225 * (1 + .5 ) = 337.5 / 18s = 18.75 ore/sec

*Can't drive Lithus - Seq doesn't have enough AP to run Med (if it will even take one)
HDT         1,600,000 7.11 hours
Liquizit        400,000 5.93 hours

The reload times will make this a little longer, but here is the final comparisons

HDT -
        1,600,000 7.11 hours [New Player in sequar]
        4,800,000 7.11 hours [Advanced Player in Lithus]
        4,800,000 1.42 hours [Advanced Player in Riveler]
Liquizit     
          400,000 5.93 hours [New Player in sequar]
       1,200,000 5.93 hours [Advanced Player in Lithus]
       1,200,000 1.19 hours [Advanced Player in Riveler]

Also note that setting speed to 0 no longer works for bot time out, so the AFK Hauler would still need to do something occasionally or be timed out, so they can't just go to sleep and wake up in the morning.

HDT at .50 NIC/ORE is about 200k per 8 hours. I'm not feeling this is broken at all.

hell, if you want afk mine, you dont need a liquid...

it took me two hours and three plants to fill my mk2 sequer with helioptris... and that plant had only 100 cycles each.  and i had to move it several time to not get booted from server.

so, profitable afk mining is not possible with illegal tools, not matter if liquid or solid ore. sooner or later someone will spawn an artifact observer on your head anyway...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

GO head spawn just sounds dirty, and completely undesirable.

11 (edited by Zex Maxwell 2011-07-08 02:32:50)

Arga wrote:

Lets assume this AFK miner is actually put some points into mining; {Stuff}

Well this removes all concern then.

Arga wrote:

Also note that setting speed to 0 no longer works for bot time out, so the AFK Hauler would still need to do something occasionally or be timed out, so they can't just go to sleep and wake up in the morning.

Although, I didn't do this. yet when I woke up this morning, my afk miners were still mining. If anything, I came home from work to see a disconnected PC so my internet must have took a *** during the peek hours.

I guess we can take this thread to closed status then.