Re: Perpetuum is growing.

Sabre906 wrote:

There are lots of uninhabited beta. A certain corp keeps chasing corps that go to live there off island. In one case, it's more like one guy chasing off a rather established corp. roll

Oh how horrible! Who would do such a horrible things?

Siddy wrote:
Sabre906 wrote:

There are lots of uninhabited beta. A certain corp keeps chasing corps that go to live there off island. In one case, it's more like one guy chasing off a rather established corp. roll

Oh how horrible! Who would do such a horrible things?

A very Horrible Person

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

The Hound? lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

54 (edited by Lemon 2011-07-06 21:50:10)

Syndic wrote:

The Hound? lol

These are the Tears that fuel the machine

<Syndic>
[03:10:15]  Friedrich Psitalon> Dude, call off your damn dog. You know full well there are no 62nd here, and all he's doing is making you all look like an ***. We're not going to suicide ourselves against him, and he's not going to get any fights.
[03:10:52] <Friedrich Psitalon> All he's doing is making my newer pilots not want to play, and that's a loss for both of us. 
[03:12:42] <Syndic> hm what
[03:12:59] <Friedrich Psitalon> Your pet pit bull REDACTED
[03:13:26] <Friedrich Psitalon> He's doing his God Mode thing outside our outpost again, and it's accomplishing nothing except encouraging my people to quit, especially after the devs have outright admitted we basically have no chance against his fit. 
[03:14:31] <Syndic> ah he's hunting 62nd again

Tears... MORE TEARS....

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

He does have a point. While Lemons Lemon fit is awesome and I respect that this is a sandbox game where people can do as they please something I do not like is a corporation outright attacking anyone that attempts to play the game.

I welcome CIR gangs as they're fun to brawl with but these newer players whom even their best fit is sub-par are quickly swept away. I remember another guy who wanted to crush all the smaller corps. He took his corporation to enemy outpost and camped them until they quit the game. He also did a lot of other very bad stuff to try and damage the game and was rather successful. Is this really CIRs new plan? Stalk defenceless newbies just exploring the game and not only kill them but continue to supresses them until they either conform and join or leave the game.

If this isn't CIRs master plan that I would really hope their CEO and other CEOs in their alliance look at the power they have. Not to say they are the only ones that can and are doing this but they are a good example. They fit superior gangs and fight in very unfair terms as a show of force. More power to them if they want to harm the game as I too was part of a corporation that did their fair share of damage.

Is this a bond between M2S and CIR forming? Together they could crush all newbie dreams. What a great place we could all live in and enjoy!

56 (edited by Lemon 2011-07-06 23:02:59)

Alexander wrote:

He does have a point. While Lemons Lemon fit is awesome and I respect that this is a sandbox game where people can do as they please something I do not like is a corporation outright attacking anyone that attempts to play the game.

I welcome CIR gangs as they're fun to brawl with but these newer players whom even their best fit is sub-par are quickly swept away. I remember another guy who wanted to crush all the smaller corps. He took his corporation to enemy outpost and camped them until they quit the game. He also did a lot of other very bad stuff to try and damage the game and was rather successful. Is this really CIRs new plan? Stalk defenceless newbies just exploring the game and not only kill them but continue to supresses them until they either conform and join or leave the game.

If this isn't CIRs master plan that I would really hope their CEO and other CEOs in their alliance look at the power they have. Not to say they are the only ones that can and are doing this but they are a good example. They fit superior gangs and fight in very unfair terms as a show of force. More power to them if they want to harm the game as I too was part of a corporation that did their fair share of damage.

Is this a bond between M2S and CIR forming? Together they could crush all newbie dreams. What a great place we could all live in and enjoy!

Alex

Fred knew exactly why i was under his outpost as my intentions were made in the begining. On Day 1 i had established my example to FOOM and notified both CEO and Officers that i would not engage a FOOM member unless fired upon.

My Intentions were to uproot any 62nd footing that had been gained. Nearing the middle of the second day FOOM engaged me and so began the 2 hour fight.

The third day: and final day before extraction: Chaos Counter fit and killed me. (Kudos to Chaos)

My intentions were not to destroy them but simply in retaliation to slander thrown my direction after being swarmed 20+ to 1 and surviving for 10 mins against these odds.

Outside of the 3 day siege the only thing before and after that CIR roamed with to their island was in assault/light bot roams.

TL:DR I want to see the game grow, that was a situation brought on by actions of leadership within the involved corporations. I do not enjoy stomping unformitable foes. I enjoy good fights that are a challenge.

Undefeated 2013

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Right now most of us new guys can only build t1 stuff, so that's all you're seeing us put on the market. In a few weeks we'll have saturated that and moved on to t2 and beyond. Prices will come down with the increase in manufacturers not tied to a single corp.

As the market becomes more liquid and dependable, hoarding gear and minerals in commiecorp style will become less and less useful. Why? Because doing it all in house is a pain in the butt, and it's a horrifyingly irritating distraction when your core competency is pvp. It just makes sense to have a few duders who haul stuff -- minerals, rat drops, etc -- out to a central market in a safe zone for sale, and come home with a bunch of mods and cash for use in DER WARZ. Plus it's way less organizationally demanding, so there's less chance of burnout or accidental errors, and makes it easier for new corps to form up and head out into pvp.

So while things are stuck in commieland inhouse production nightmares for now, the development of the primary markets in alpha will eventually develop to the point that none of it is necessary and corps can slim down and focus on what they like best: building, mining, killing, what have you.

The commie comments don't fit.

It's tribal/clan society where players team up and operate based upon specific goals of the group.  That isn't communism, that's getting someone else to help cover your *** and exchange things of value - among friendlies.

As for the market, it does need fixing being as it hurts getting new players into the game.

This "vet" attitude of "join a corp immediately" doesn't float.  You will want to join one but the RIGHT one, not any corp that will have you.  Different groups have different personalities and what they find or don't find acceptable.  Try swearing a bit in some corporations and you'll get booted - others? Every other word.

One of the worst things in EVE are those that sit in NPC corporations.  Alts there can work but players staying there - few of them stick around.  Worse still is joining a BAD FIT corporation - those players don't last even as long as the ones that stay in the NPC corporations. 

Being as this game is quite PvP centric - the idea of "corp hopping"... spies, thieves, etc.  Not a good deal so shopping carefully for a right fit will be important because a bad fit will make the game look lame as the community then appears "too rude, too sissy like, too lame, too PvP focused, too PvE focused ..."

This market situation is the problem of many "young" games and games in the process of collapsing. 

People draw inside their cliques and any type of interaction beyond that group is reduced.  To turn it around will require the older corporations to stop thinking insular and start thinking growth wise by trading more.  The ability to shop and see things on a market is valuable to new players.  NOT seeing that can and will drive many away.  "Dead game" style.

58 (edited by Syndic 2011-07-07 00:19:17)

Alexander wrote:

I can sympathize with your theories, although you should know me a little bit better to compare me with Styx.

There is no "CIR master plan", our goal has always been pretty public and simple; own 1 outpost and have fun in PVP. Naturally we'll go out, roam and look for PVP. Naturally we will use the gear we grinded for, we're not going to "downgrade" our fits. Naturally we will actively seek out to curbstomp a corporation that we're at war with.

As FOOM, AET, NeX, and all new corps know; I personally went and offered UNCONDITIONAL help in getting set up in Beta, explaining how to protect themselves, etc. As a gesture of good will, not as some evil scheme to aquire more pets/corps in alliance but to simply promote game growth. I also recommended them to simply set up and not get involved in the politics and grudges that exist between established corps because they'll only suffer as one side mows them down while they're in inferior tech and inferior bots.

Whats the first thing they do with getting on Beta? There I am, sitting in TS and listening to Mara delivering his speech about super elite experienced pirates that reign and sow terror across the Beta islands. Result? They blue up with 62nd at the first Laosura intrusion. We - who are at war with 62nd - come over to kill them. Collateral casualties ensues. FOOM knew full well that where we only sent Lemon over there, we could just as easily send 10-20 yellow pilots with the exact same fit.

Im not quite sure whats the point you M2S guys are trying to make with this tinfoil conspiracy that CIR is out to destroy the game. We're consistent with our politics and behavior - stand by our allies to the last bot, enjoy PVP, and *** up whoever we got a wardec on, by any means necessary.

If we wanted to destroy the game, we would have accepted your offers to join Infestation when M2S meant and stood for something. Remember what we said then? wink

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I can sympathize with your theories, although you should know me a little bit better to compare me with Styx.

There is no "CIR master plan", our goal has always been pretty public and simple; own 1 outpost and have fun in PVP. Naturally we'll go out, roam and look for PVP. Naturally we will use the gear we grinded for, we're not going to "downgrade" our fits. Naturally we will actively seek out to curbstomp a corporation that we're at war with.

As FOOM, AET, NeX, and all new corps know; I personally went and offered UNCONDITIONAL help in getting set up in Beta, explaining how to protect themselves, etc. As a gesture of good will, not as some evil scheme to aquire more pets/corps in alliance but to simply promote game growth. I also recommended them to simply set up and not get involved in the politics and grudges that exist between established corps because they'll only suffer as one side mows them down while they're in inferior tech and inferior bots.

Whats the first thing they do with getting on Beta? There I am, sitting in TS and listening to Mara delivering his speech about super elite experienced pirates that reign and sow terror across the Beta islands. Result? They blue up with 62nd at the first Laosura intrusion. We - who are at war with 62nd - come over to kill them. Collateral casualties ensues. FOOM knew full well that where we only sent Lemon over there, we could just as easily send 10-20 yellow pilots with the exact same fit.

Im not quite sure whats the point you M2S guys are trying to make with this tinfoil conspiracy that CIR is out to destroy the game. We're consistent with our politics and behavior - stand by our allies to the last bot, enjoy PVP, and *** up whoever we got a wardec on, by any means necessary.

If we wanted to destroy the game, we would have accepted your offers to join Infestation when M2S meant and stood for something. Remember what we said then? wink

Far to much logic, truth, and sincerity in this post. Who abducted Syndic?

tl;dr: Syndic helps ppl, so that he can play with them later, in the unlikely event that they grow a pair.

It's like feeding little kittens. Eventually they get feisty, and so he squeezes them a little, and they give a satisfying purr. But he still loves them. He knew they don't pose any threat. cool

One may think they shall one day grow into tigers and eat him. But since they're busy finding excuses for their weakness, it may take a while. lol

61 (edited by Monster 2011-07-07 15:07:07)

I regularly visit CIR land and tbh, they have not been impressive at all. Good people and skilled for the most part, but also terribly overrated by newbs.

Almost killed 2 bots including 1 assault in my ghetto rigged prometheus and another time I played around with them around their base in a Baph for a good while. Each time facing 4-5 people and surviving for minutes on end. All solo ...

Syndic isn't toying with NeX in hopes for greater competition. It is a well disguised plea for mercy in hopes that NeX will dissolve before all of the adulation wears off.

Nex could go over to Nova right now and strip it from CIR if they wanted to. Yes, they have a considerable EP, skill, and gear advantage ... But you have such an overwhelming number advantage that it wouldn't even be a challenge.

As much as you would all love to believe his motives are selfless, he is basically playing you all like a fiddle. Good guy though and really the only viable option he and CIR had at that point. Like I said before, well played ...

Butthurt much brosef? I once was running away from (i think) m2s for 15-25 mins in my super speed fit mech but I died in the end, so what? 

Only think Syndic is afraid of is that we have too many toughboyz from rival corps on the forums and barely anyone to shoot on beta.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Monster wrote:

I regularly visit CIR land and tbh, they have not been impressive at all. Good people and skilled for the most part, but also terribly overrated by newbs.

Almost killed 2 bots including 1 assault in my ghetto rigged prometheus and another time I played around with them around their base in a Baph for a good while. Each time facing 4-5 people and surviving for minutes on end. All solo ...

Syndic isn't toying with NeX in hopes for greater competition. It is a well disguised plea for mercy in hopes that NeX will dissolve before all of the adulation wears off.

Nex could go over to Nova right now and strip it from CIR if they wanted to. Yes, they have a considerable EP, skill, and gear advantage ... But you have such an overwhelming number advantage that it wouldn't even be a challenge.

As much as you would all love to believe his motives are selfless, he is basically playing you all like a fiddle. Good guy though and really the only viable option he and CIR had at that point. Like I said before, well played ...

So i see the mother corp hasnt picked you up since your spyness got found. How is freelance spying for 62nd going for you?

Undefeated 2013

Calling a spade a spade

Nothing more, nothing less

More like a lot of nothing.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

When youre in my business, you learn very quickly not to try and argue conclusions a random bystander reaches with 5% logic and 95% speculation. You believe what you want to believe, we'll do what we want. wink

However, what makes you believe NeX have any number-advantage? This still isn't quite clear to me. lol

CIR Complaint Form

67 (edited by AeonThePiglet 2011-07-07 18:06:53)

Monster wrote:

No offense, but I lead most of the NeX roams and what you're saying has no relationship to reality. If you think we're able to take down a mech gang, then by all means watch one of our videos or come along on an op. I think we'll have a few recent ones up soon once the guy taping them strips comms, and you'll be able to see that while our duders are using cover well and maintaining distance (no more massbooms!) they can't deal with the range, firepower and speed of enemy gangs.

Why am I admitting this stuff? Well, one reason is it's true. The other reason is that the people we've fought (M2S, CIR, 62nd and a whole bunch of others) can tell you from first hand experience that overwhelming numbers of low skill players does not translate into easy kills from swarming. Doesn't happen. Sorry if you think otherwise, but you're wrong.

In a few months, when our wallet is measured in the billions rather than the millions and our guys have decent skills and fly mechs, things will be different and we'll be a scary bunch. But right now? Lolno. What we are right now is a bunch of duders that don't mind engaging a superior force and exploding because we enjoy fighting.

68 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-07-07 18:51:31)

AeonThePiglet wrote:

But right now? Lolno. What we are right now is a bunch of duders that don't mind engaging a superior force and exploding because we enjoy fighting.

Really good spirit here Aeon, you guys have it right.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Why am I admitting this stuff? Well, one reason is it's true. The other reason is that the people we've fought (M2S, CIR, 62nd and a whole bunch of others) can tell you from first hand experience that overwhelming numbers of low skill players does not translate into easy kills from swarming. Doesn't happen. Sorry if you think otherwise, but you're wrong.

With you at the helm of 20 tutorial mission bots ie Leading lambs out to the slaughter, who would expect anything different.

Marak Mocam wrote:

The ability to shop and see things on a market is valuable to new players.  NOT seeing that can and will drive many away.  "Dead game" style.

This is so true ...

Take Mythos-Online. A very cool Diablo-Clone. It has all to be a great game. Just a market-bug so you can't fulltext search. This leads to noone using the AH which again leads to a dead-market (espezialy craft-market).
With no market first the farmers, trader and crafter leave and when there was nothing to buy anymore the normal player left.
Servers are still up .... but .... who knows how long.

Same for Hellgate:London. It was a great game. It just had absolut NO AH which made trading very hard. Without trading there was no reason to keep playing after max-level and people left. We all know how it ended sad.

Yes, two absolut different game types. But market is market. No market = no game today.

And the most important market in Perpetuum atm is small Amunition + equip wink.
It doesn't matter, if the prices are FAR to high. New player just want to see it to have a goal.

Monster wrote:
AeonThePiglet wrote:

With you at the helm of 20 tutorial mission bots ie Leading lambs out to the slaughter, who would expect anything different.

Hey brosef, wanna lead one of our roams? I'm sure after all this back seat FCing you're great at it!

Don't be so hard on yourself man. You are clearly outmatched. Maybe you should get some more arkhes to come roam aimlessly with you. That's the ticket imo.

AeonThePiglet wrote:
Monster wrote:
AeonThePiglet wrote:

Hey brosef, wanna lead one of our roams? I'm sure after all this back seat FCing you're great at it!

OO OOO Pick Me Pick ME!

Undefeated 2013

74 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-08 03:30:44)

Troll, it's eating...

And Lemon - lawl. smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

man i had to double check to see if this was Corporation dialogues or general discussion. lol