Topic: We EVE expats got here just in time for MT on PO

In case you hadn't noticed, MT is coming here too.

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/

Re: We EVE expats got here just in time for MT on PO

As long as the microtransactions actually are MICRO (and not $70 monocles), completely optional and only aesthetic, I don't really care.

Evangel wrote:

In case you hadn't noticed, MT is coming everywhere.

There are three certainties in (virtual) life: Death, Taxes, & Micro-transactions  big_smile

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

GLiMPSE wrote:
Evangel wrote:

In case you hadn't noticed, MT is coming everywhere.

I'm just pointing it out to all of us who just left EVE because of MT.

As far as I'm concerned, if I pay a subscription there better be NO Pay2Win.  Period.  Vanity items, I could care less. 

We came came to this sandbox because cat kept crapping in our last one.  Before these guys get to playing with their toys and liking it, I thought it best they know the cat is eyeballing this sandbox too.

6 (edited by Siddy 2011-06-27 18:57:20)

Its not yet decided, and could be reverted to some other system, like energy credits.
You have to remember that these devs don't have CCP's bloated ego, and do listen to customers and revert bad decisions if need arises.

Besides, if the tokens are going to be tradeable for Nic, this helps prevent RMT while we are waiting for eventual plex system.

I will personally hurt the devs (few broken bones, nothing time wont heal) before i allow them to make transactions that resembles pay to win system in a game where you have sub fees.

But at this point, everything is pure speculation.

Evangel wrote:

I'm not too thrilled about the idea of microtransactions, but there are a couple of differences between Perp and EVE.

-The paint tokens are the only part that is a microtransaction.   Players still need to collect items to get the EC to get the paint.   

-When your mech is destroyed so is the paint job.

IMO these two points make the microtransaction feel more within the spirit of the game.   Players still need to participate with in the game to achieve their shiny looking mech and there is a limitation to the number of mechs they can shine.

The devs have been over this many times, but once burned I guess.

If you read the forums (of which there are now too many for you to read them all, but I have) you'll see a recurring theme from the devs, which is that Perpetuum is a difficult-persistant world.

Anything -ANYTHING- that messes with that persistance won't be tolerated, by both the Devs and the users. This means that AC already knows that they can't put in any type of pay to win.

They are also revamping the Reset feature, based on player feedback, that being able to reset your name also breaks persistance.

It's just talk I know, but they are also walking the walk where it counts.

BTW - Fuehrer, you're name is going to be reset - I'd pick "Fluffy bunny lover" as a replacement wink

I am against Pay2Win, which is where Eve is heading. I have played many games with vanity MT, which I have no issues with. And is not only MT that drove me (us) away from Eve - it was primarily CCP's belligerent attitude regarding MT and other issues.

In this game is see the evidence of Devs working to resolve issues. They do not use my sub to spend time on developing other games and nonsense unwanted functionality. In eve I can show you issues of 8 years that the devs were ignoring. Most of our Eve subs for the past 2 years went into developing Dust and WoD. In itself it is not an issue, and we do not prescribe what CCP does with it's money - the issue with that is they neglected Eve and it's player base.

MT is what makes a game sustainable through extra income for the developer. We all want the game to grow and last a good few years after all.

10 (edited by Eta Carinea 2011-06-27 19:22:38)

I am against it too i would appreciate a dev to clarify this situation with Pay to win i personally have no issues with vanity stuff, (particularly if i can relieve them of it). But buying stat advantages in game is not a game i want to play.

Appreciate i am new but i would rather know sooner than later.

I've clarified it in the devblog comments:
http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … comment414

They have stated clearly on the dev blog that there will be no pay2win.

Stop repeating what i say Zoom...

Tbh this isnt what evangel is angry about, as he spent the better part of the day whining in teh new eve channel and not listening to anything that anyone was telling him when they were trying to help him.

MT's are only for paint jobs and its in direct response to campaigning from some members within the game for it

Thank you Dev Zoom i have bookmarked that comment of yours in case its needed later, but i suspect it wont be.

Thanks for the clarification

DEV Zoom wrote:

I've clarified it in the devblog comments:
http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … comment414

I read that as well Zoom and it's very encouraging considering what we've been hearing from Iceland. I subbed and I saw nothing there that scared me.

But, you probably read my comment below as well and I still say that it's bad, really bad timing and suggest you delay the MT portion of that patch and let these EVE expats get settled in first.  Not all of them read the forums or DEV blogs and won't even know about it till it hits the server.

By delaying it, most of them will have some time to hear in-game rumors and discuss it among themselves first and it won't have the appearance of a slap in the face after being kicked in the ***.

Jelan wrote:

Tbh this isnt what evangel is angry about, as he spent the better part of the day whining in teh new eve channel and not listening to anything that anyone was telling him when they were trying to help him.

MT's are only for paint jobs and its in direct response to campaigning from some members within the game for it

Where do you see in this post that I'm angry?  Where in that discussion was MT ever brought up?

Fail troll.

By the way, tell all those former EVE *** OP's to go play with their monocle.

Evangel wrote:

But, you probably read my comment below as well and I still say that it's bad, really bad timing and suggest you delay the MT portion of that patch and let these EVE expats get settled in first.  Not all of them read the forums or DEV blogs and won't even know about it till it hits the server.

Yes sorry, my post was meant for those who asked about non-vanity MT.

As for the timing, I think my previous comment on the devblog explained that:

It's not like we want to push it out next week. We announced it now so it can boil down enough and we can see the feedback of our players, before we take the step.

Admittedly, in light of those recent events out there, our timing could have been better. However I have promised to write about paintjobs and omitting the MT part would have just created the same future trust issues that those guys are facing now.

As an Ex-Pat myself... I've actually gone through and read most of the devblogs, hit the manifesto etc. And as long as they stick to it and don't fling a giant steaming pile into the sandbox, it is all good.

Put the pitchforks down and back away slowly. So far nothing egregious to see here. If you see me bailing noisily, that might be about the right time to grab the eject bar and pull.

All of us EvE Ex-Pats are probably feeling a tad gun-shy right now. (I know I certainly am) But let's let them get the game off the ground. They need a community, we need a sandbox. I think we can work it out. (And if we get their market working...we can probably kick things into the next gear)

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is pure, unadultearated VIOLENCE.

20 (edited by Batolemaeus 2011-06-27 21:10:07)

I did not leave Eve because of MT.
I left Eve because CCP's intent is to sell convenience. Wich means both pay2win and even worse, charging extra for fixes to deliberately inconvenient and crappy design.

As long as the perpetuum devs don't go pants on heads and want to deliberately break their game so they can sell fixes extra, i'm completely indifferent.

Evangel wrote:

I can't speak for everyone but the MACROtransaction thing was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I suspect a fair few others.

From Tyrannis being... well... crap, the "18 months" and subsequent Summer of Rage, renaded promises of no MT in EVE ever (CCP Shadow, in relation to the SP being given out due to server move delays), MT appearing, the prices of the frankly abysmal offerings in that cash shop and their utter evasivness on 'Gold Ammo'-esque MT's.  And the leaks.  And the broken mechanics & Ships (come on, is anyone going to say Hybrids work properly or the Legion is good?) and the broken promises on even the little things:  2 years and counting since a cap ship last rode the lightning in to battle as an example.

I've read the blog and all I see is MT for a can of Dulux paint or two so far.  No problems with that,  assuming the Dev's here are open and frank about such plans and keep their word on the complete and utter lack of "Gold Ammo" I'm pretty happy with it.  Probably throw in a $ or two to get a Hello Kittie esque scheme on an ARKHE for a giggle.

No $25 sparkle ponies for me though no matter how sparklie.

PO has never told us (EVE in Exile folks) that they were not going to do MT.  They have said that it is all for Vanity, and that they will not destroy the sandbox/very strict level playing field environment.  MTs will me Micro, not Macro, and 100% optional.

They haven't lied, they HAVE listened - to the point of instant fixes for new players (thanks for the Titan Ore, btw!), and they are actually in-game (you can see them and you know who they are, even!) 

*\o/*  Yay Team PO!!

It isn't so much the MT, it was that when you looked at everything those other devs were doing, it was clear that making a game that was fun was in no way a priority, and that just turning into one huge double dip was. The two need not be mutually exclusive if p2w is avoided. I don't think they ever said they wouldn't either. Neither are they developing two other games with subs from this one without putting any effort into making this a better game. So not the same issue here really. Bad timing, I'm not sure, at least they were up front about it though.

Everything flows; nothing stands still. -Heraclitus

Eve refugee here.

I was actually looking forward to ship skins when they announced cash shop, but instead got monocles, plus uber boats/mods/ammo with "I win" button painted on them on the way.:rolleyes:

How about a $25 disco Lion?