1 (edited by Guns nButter 2011-05-24 22:02:22)

Topic: Remote Rep Sequer

Current situation:
Right now my arbalest has 2 cap rechargers for fighting against greens, or I switch a recharger for a kinetic hardener to fight against blues (and I don't even touch yellows). Even with 5s on cap skills I have issues taking on blues due to either lack of cap or lack of tank, and my 60 seconds of downtime every minute or so or so are getting annoying.

note: Current fit: 2x t1 weapon stab, 5x t1 light EM gun, 1x t4 rep, 1x t1 hardener (or t1 recharger), 1x t1 recharger.

So I'm thinking of bringing my alt in a sequer for remote rep or cap transfer to boost my combat character in his arbalest. I have 2 options that I have thought of:
1) Arbalest fits dual rep and a rep tuning. Sequer brings a cap transfer.
2) Arbalest keeps the normal fit. Sequer brings a remote armor rep.

Any thoughts? Fits?

edit: The sequer will NOT be in combat. It will be behind the terrain to lower my downtime.

Re: Remote Rep Sequer

Guns nButter wrote:

note: Current fit: 2x t1 weapon stab, 5x t1 light EM gun, 1x t4 rep, 1x t1 hardener (or t1 recharger), 1x t1 recharger.

humm Weapon stab or weapon tuning ??  because if it's weapon stabilizer  you make a mistake but i think it's not  stabilizer what you wanted to write.

and i don't see any sensor amplifier on your setup you should get at least one or 2 for lock faster and shoot before the npc shoot you imo.

replace recharger with 1 t2 medium accumulator and your arbalest will never run out of AP.

yeah, in im sure you have tunings in it.

Sensor amp, tuning, 5x small em, 1x small repair (t2-t4), 1x med accumulator, 1x t4 lwf

only if you are planning to farm demobbing npcs, switch lwf with small plate, hardener or evasive.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Switch out the small repper for a universal armor plate. Put a small sheild generator on the sequar fitted with a remote repper and rep tunings and a sensor amp.

Drop a field can next to sequar, about 300 m from where your going to farm. This will put the sequar in the 'danger' zone so don't go afk, but it will be able to take a few hits,just be sure to target and kill anything that has a 'yellow' lock ring on it (meaning its targeting the sequar and not you).

When your health is low, or your cargo is full, back out to the sequar and empty cargo/repair and reload ammo.

If your doing 'drones' or something really small, you can skip the can and just use the sequar directly to pick up containers.

Just a note:

Combat farming with a rep-alt is 'stressfull', you'll be doing a lot of alt-tabing and with respawn rates there isn't any 'downtime' unless you pull back out of range.

If you have the sequar around the corner, remember that remote rep is line of sight.

Firstly you ought to know that the Arbalest is one of the toughest bots to farm with. You have neither the security of range that the Baphomet has nor the caps stability and line of sight conveniences of the Waspish.

Gear is good, but tactics is everything. Here’s what I believe you should do.

Unless you’re specifically looking for a certain type of kernel, you ought to be farming green npcs. It’s like giving yourself a free active hardener.

Remember the Arbalest is the least armored combat assault bot in the game, you don’t really want to tank your enemies with it. On the other hand it’s fast, and with a T4 light weight frame it can outrun any npc.

I feel as though I’m stating the obvious but no one has mentioned it in this post. You don’t need to tank, if the enemy can’t shoot you. Use your superior speed to move in and out of the locking range of your enemy. It takes 12 seconds for the enemy to lock onto you, depending on skills, you can pull off 2 or 3 salvos while it attempts to lock onto you. Then move back until you break his lock. Once his lock has been broken move back into firing range. A sensor amplifier helps with this although it’s not absolutely necessary since the boost in the assault bot’s locking range in the last patch.

Before you go farming, search spawns that are easy to take out. Get out there with a chassis scanner, a sensor booster and a light weight frame. Enemy bots with a lightweight frame are easier to kill, but it’s harder to take distance from them. Enemies with demobilizers are especially dangerous. Make sure the area where you’ll fight in is fairly flat. You don’t want to fight missile bots in rolling hills.

I also advise against using your Sequer to back you up.
As far as the fitting itself goes, I use the following.

2 weapon tunings (one sensor amp and one weapon tuning is easier to use and lighter too)
5 em guns
1 armor repair
1 lightweight frame
1 cap recharger

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Termis is far better than a Sequer for remote support

8 (edited by Guns nButter 2011-05-26 19:44:22)

Well. I just figured out what running transport missions with a sequer means in terms of cash flow. Just bought a kain and all the fittings for it in about 4 hours worth of transport missions. Freaking ludicrous.

On the other hand, I know a place where I can farm with said kain and make lots of money big_smile
I figure cap transfer and cargo storage will be a better use for the sequer than remote armor rep with the kain, amiright?

even better is remote sensor amp and a recharge nexus on sequer.  no line of sight, and can stay in cover (because nexus is like a huge aggro sign for npcs)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear