Topic: We have advertising!

I saw a Perpetuum banner on MMORPG.com today:D  Not sure how long they have been advertising with them but I do visit there like daily.  Money well spent IMO!

Youtube next perhaps?  TV spots seem too expensive at this time.

Re: We have advertising!

It's probably one of those cookie things.. I googled "bar stools" once, and now every time I visit my favorite news site, I get ad banners for bar stools.  LOL

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/24469/#p24469

Old news tongue

Uncle Mo wrote:

I saw a Perpetuum banner on MMORPG.com today:D  Not sure how long they have been advertising with them but I do visit there like daily.  Money well spent IMO!

weeks  ...  if they had Hulu ads there would be thousands of newbs in day .. just look at what it did for Rift and that game isn't half as good as this one.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Uncle Mo wrote:

weeks  ...  if they had Hulu ads there would be thousands of newbs in day .. just look at what it did for Rift and that game isn't half as good as this one.

Well... That depends on the person. I've played Rift since launch. Level 50 warrior and level 43 rogue at this point. Its a good PvE game from my perspective.  No idea about the PvP, since I have never taken part. 

But I'm betting that the Dev's here would LOVE to have even 10% of the players that Trions Rift has... ^^ Perhaps then they'd be able to move the servers to some country with a developed telcom infrastructure... ^^

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Uncle Mo wrote:

Well... That depends on the person. I've played Rift since launch. Level 50 warrior and level 43 rogue at this point. Its a good PvE game from my perspective.  No idea about the PvP, since I have never taken part. 

But I'm betting that the Dev's here would LOVE to have even 10% of the players that Trions Rift has... ^^ Perhaps then they'd be able to move the servers to some country with a developed telcom infrastructure... ^^

Rift imo is a children's game, focuses on 13 year olds the same as World of Warcraft, if 10% were adults 18 + players so it would have been successful. but to see Perpetuum climb down too low in ages, they must develop the game in a different way. I stopped playing wow because it was too focused on the brats. the game became too easy.

Perpetuum need more players but not at the cost of the current gaming standards.
Focus on players with a little common sense and this game will go far.
Dont destroy it with PVE instances, and other stupid fantasy MMORPG standards.
Perpetuum is a Sandbox MMO.

I disagree that WOW is too 'easy', the game has a echelon of players that play so far above the general population it's almost a different game. WoW however has 'easy' content as well as hard content, which allows for a larger market, but doesn't force players to go to that 'upper' level. Perpetuum is different, in that the content is player generated, so could be easy one fight and hard the next, you don't get to choose; this makes the overall experience in Perpetuum 'harder' because it requires you to constantly improve (oppsed to wow where other players can just carry you, or you can choose not to do 'hard modes'). Rift is more of the same.

After lvl 60 expansion to 70, WOW became easy mode.

I decline your invitation to get sucked into a debate about wow, nice try though.

Arga wrote:

I decline your invitation to get sucked into a debate about wow, nice try though.

You're no fun any more Arga <grin>  Since I have four 85's and an 82(started in late beta), I can totally agree with you. WoW does have many different levels of difficulty.  I'm always amused by those who claim its all "easy mode".  Some of it is. But some of it is a SERIOUS PITA for anyone but totally fanatical players who have made the game a second job(or Koreans, but I repeat myself...) ^^ Any way, Haters gotta hate, so this doesn't merit going any further.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
Wraithbane wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

Rift imo is a children's game, focuses on 13 year olds the same as World of Warcraft, if 10% were adults 18 + players so it would have been successful. but to see Perpetuum climb down too low in ages, they must develop the game in a different way. I stopped playing wow because it was too focused on the brats. the game became too easy.

Perpetuum need more players but not at the cost of the current gaming standards.
Focus on players with a little common sense and this game will go far.
Dont destroy it with PVE instances, and other stupid fantasy MMORPG standards.
Perpetuum is a Sandbox MMO.

"Children's game"?... I hope you've learned to breathe through your ears, with your nose that far up in the air, you might drown, other wise, in a flash rain storm...<grin>  Games are meant for entertainment and enjoyment. Different games appeal to different people, at different points of their lives.

I enjoyed EVE for almost six years. I've played WoW since late beta. I've also played most of the major and many of the minor MMORPG's that have launched since UO. Its a hobby for me, not an obession or second job.  So far I've enjoyed Rift. Its an entertaining, well polished game. Once I cease enjoying it, I'll find something else.

I agree, WoW pre-TBC was great. Stuff was actually difficult to obtain, and in the end actually meant something. Hell, it was hard to even get into the raids in classic.

Rift isnt bad, I really enjoyed the riftblade tree until they changed the way flamespear works. Couldnt really get into any of the other classes, and didn't extend my sub past the 2nd month.

Eve is still an amazing game. Been in some of the largest battles that have taken place in that game. It's cool sometimes to see this game in it's baby steps of life, as I missed out on early Eve.

Perpetuum is diffrent, and a few of the things I didn't like in Eve are here in this game. The battles here are alot more fluid, at least from my perspective. In Eve, most of my pvp invovled locking a stationary target and shooting it from 160k, or more recently, from 30-80k tongue

mmorpg.com is probably PO's biggest friend.

What I dont get is why they dont exploit it more?...

The reason I originally got into this game, back when it peaked was because of an article on mmorpg.com.

thats it!.. no ad's.. an article.

So why doesnt PO try have more articles published?.. look at Eve, on mmorpg.com there are tons and tons of articles always appearing about the smallest of things, so it cant be hard..   Get some interviews done, make some press releases or something..

Or is the toaster really that much more important?

Sorry but my friends and I (who between us have 10 accounts) would love to come back.. but we really wont until there is a bit more effort otherwise our time and money feels like it would be squandered.

Advertising is about market awareness, your never going to have a thriving population if the large majority of the market doesn't even know that you exist !

I have the same feeling about this product as I do Vanguard SOH and seriously, you do NOT want to be following SOE's lead.

Wraithbane wrote:

Its a hobby for me, not an obession or second job.

QFT.

Snowman wrote:

The reason I originally got into this game, back when it peaked was because of an article on mmorpg.com.

So why doesnt PO try have more articles published?.. look at Eve, on mmorpg.com there are tons and tons of articles always appearing about the smallest of things, so it cant be hard..   Get some interviews done, make some press releases or something..

Sorry but my friends and I (who between us have 10 accounts) would love to come back.. but we really wont until there is a bit more effort otherwise our time and money feels like it would be squandered.

Advertising is about market awareness, your never going to have a thriving population if the large majority of the market doesn't even know that you exist !

I have the same feeling about this product as I do Vanguard SOH and seriously, you do NOT want to be following SOE's lead.

Your story, it's neat, but I disagree.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Your story, it's neat, but I disagree.

i think he is hoping for free game time...

Personally I like massively more then mmorpg. They do a ton of neat articles over there, they've given Perpetuum some nice coverage. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Get Rock Paper Shotgun to write an article on the game if they haven't yet.

Guns nButter wrote:

They have a few times already cool

DEV Zoom wrote:
Guns nButter wrote:

They have a few times already cool

Didn't realize I repeated myself on 2 different threads >.> Whoops.