Topic: Your thoughts on new expansion? (Changes and fixes)

Gameplay==

* '''New:''' Mobile teleport beacons have now a 1 minute deployment timer.
* '''Fix:''' Weapons set to manual mode did not stop when shots missed or got blocked.
* '''Fix:''' Newly spawned NPCs did not notice stationary players. They've been sent to a spatial perception crash course.
* '''Fix:''' Observer despawn timers will be now reset when they get locked.
* '''Fix:''' NPCs will now try to find a way out of locked places, rather than getting overly depressed and committing suicide.
* '''Fix:''' Fixed a certain exploit.

==Robots and modules==

* '''Fix:''' Corrected the CPU usage of T2 and T3 medium EM-guns.
* '''Change:''' Lowered the price of mobile teleport beacons, and increased the armor HP of armored and emergency teleport beacons.
* '''Change:''' Halved the weight of Demobilizers, ECMs, Sensor suppressors, Signal detectors and Signal maskers.
* '''Change:''' Coprocessors and Coreactors have now bigger differences across their tiers (+10%/10%/15%/20% CPU and reactor performance bonuses).
* '''Change:''' Reduced the accumulator usage of miners and harvesters.
* '''Change:''' Increased the locking range of Tyrannos.
* '''Change:''' Increased the locking range of assault bots (Waspish, Arbalest, Baphomet and their Mk2 variants).
* '''Change:''' Increased the base accumulator of assault robots (Waspish, Arbalest, Baphomet and their Mk2 variants).
* '''Change:''' Increased the speed of non-EW light robots (Castel, Yagel, Prometheus and their Mk2 variants).
* '''Change:''' Decreased the base mass of Intakt and Cameleon (of their Mk2 variants as well).
* '''Change:''' Increased the number of maximum locked targets of all Mk2 robots by 2.
* '''Change:''' Increased signal masking and armor HP of Interference emitters.

==Graphic engine==

* '''New:''' Added a draw distance slider into options which controls the visibility of objects on the terrain. Middle setting is recommended, use higher only if you do not have any performance problems.

==Industry==

* '''Change:''' Increased mining yield of 1 cycle for every raw material by 50% (plants are not affected).
* '''Change:''' Lowered raw material regeneration rates (plants are not affected).
* '''Change:''' Removed titan ore from all beta islands and increased titan field values on alpha islands to compensate. Note: only the regeneration of titan ore was stopped, current minerals will stay in the ground until they are all fully mined out.
* '''Change:''' Considerably reduced mineral components of fragments.
* '''Change:''' Changed the raw material requirements of Hydrobenol.
* '''Fix:''' The factory accepted unpacked robots as components for manufacturing, which could create various issues.
* '''Fix:''' Kernel research increase values are now more precise.

==Assignments==

* '''Change:''' Reduced the distance to be traveled in the first stage of tutorial assignments.
* '''Change:''' Assignments are now sorted by level and name by default.
* '''Fix:''' Private storage is now updated automatically after an assignment has been completed.

==Intrusion==

* '''Change:''' Only corporations older than 2 weeks can now register for intrusion events.
* '''Change:''' Base intrusion registration fee has been increased to 10 million NIC.
* '''New:''' Introduced intrusion fail points: if you register for an intrusion event and fail to take over '''at least one''' SAP, you will get an intrusion fail point. These points function as a multiplier for intrusion registration fees (2x 4x 8x multiplier, and is capped at 8x). Fail points can be revoked by intrusion protection points. (Note: if you already own a SAP and register for the intrusion, you have to defend it (complete it again) or take any other of the SAPs - not doing anything will give you a fail point, regardless of the fact that the SAP will still remain yours.)

==Market==

* '''Fix:''' The market rates graph sometimes did not include some orders.
* '''Change:''' The market rates graph now also includes completed NPC orders, to help marketeers see real demand amounts.
* '''New:''' Added right-click "sell to this advert" option for individual buy orders on the market, so you can bypass the highest priced buy order if you want to sell to an internal corporation order.

==GUI==

* '''New:''' Added missing icon for despawn timer and mobile teleporter recharge timer.
* '''New:''' The world map now shows what faction an island belongs to, and whether it's a PvP island (indicated by yellow lines around its name).
* '''New:''' Added marking for secondary column sorting.
* '''New:''' The landmark information window will now show effect timers too, so you don't have to lock a field container for example to see its despawn timer.
* '''New:''' Added a new checkbox to Options/Gameplay for automatically centering the map on yourself when opening it.
* '''New:''' Added an extra note to the "Yourself" checkbox on the world map to show the double-click centering feature.
* '''Fix:''' Modified all history and log paginations to prevent excessive lag when opening them.

==General==

* '''New:''' Added new description boxes into the character creator.
* '''Change:''' Changing a channel's password will not display the password itself anymore.
* '''Fix:''' Chat block works now as intended.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Your thoughts on new expansion? (Changes and fixes)

And for your information new island names:

The new islands:
* '''Hershfield''' (Alpha, TM/Pelistal)
* '''Alsbale''' (Beta, TM/Pelistal)
* '''Tellesis''' (Alpha, ICS/Nuimqol)
* '''Novastrov''' (Beta, ICS/Nuimqol)
* '''Shinjalar''' (Alpha, ASI/Thelodica)
* '''Kentagura''' (Beta, ASI/Thelodica)

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Celebro 2011-05-04 19:00:10)

I really like most of the changes made:

Intrusions will cost more and have penalties, MK2 bots have more targets, assaults gets some nice needed buffs and industrials finally get some love reducing accumulator usages among the obvious change in 50% yield increase.

Travel time reduces with EMACS already known but will really change the game for the better.

The DEVS are really listening to the player base, good job!

RIP PERPETUUM

It all sounds really good, let's hope they get that server up again smile

The new island names are ***. Call them something that people can remember rather then this pseudo sci-fi easten block nonsense.

Why would you post the patchnotes here? Whats the point?

Surge wrote:

Some people might not be able to read them ingame?

8 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-04 21:54:57)

oh, the island names are not that bad... check the sector/teleporter names when server is back up...

my fav. is "Morshoe"... still trying to figure out how it should be spelled (in german "Mors-hö'")
or "ursels" which sounds like a german name.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Some people might not be able to read them ingame?

how about using the main page?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

9 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-05-04 22:03:01)

I guess I shouldn't just have the forum bookmarked... Confused me a bit though since the homepage only linked to the devblog, the patch notes are found under Update news (http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-05-04 for other foolish people)

Surge wrote:

Its annoying trying to read it on the login screen when clients tries to reconnect window closes, always happens to me on patch day.

RIP PERPETUUM

11 (edited by Surge 2011-05-04 22:06:43)

Celebro wrote:

Its annoying trying to read it on the login screen when clients tries to reconnect window closes, always happens to me on patch day.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-05-04

Also, you ask for people thoughts on the expansion / patch, yet give none of your own?

Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken. You did give your thoughts.

Surge wrote:
Celebro wrote:

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-05-04

Also, you ask for people thoughts on the expansion / patch, yet give none of your own?

Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken. You did give your thoughts.

Ok thanks for the link, I guess login screen link could direct straight to the website in the future.
I still don't know how to browse to that link anyways its there, must be well hidden.

RIP PERPETUUM

For your information, for the future:

Main site > Information > Update News

smile

read a few posts above....

man, also, your first post is outdated, some patchnotes got corrected already

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

For comments on certain aspects, its much better to just post pieces or the thread goes off in all sorts of directions. But its nice to have all the patch notes in one place , as well as somewhere to post over all impressions smile

Thanks Arga smile

Why am I getting so much grief for posting the patch notes? I had a good valid point and thought that some might like to read it on the forums whilst we wait.

RIP PERPETUUM

Sorry mate, no grief or hostility intended. I just didn't really see a point in posting it all myself, thats all.

18 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-05 00:29:55)

ok, my short summary of first-sight-impressions:

new islands:
- like it

Highways:
- like them, but the static speed boost is not what i wanted

Event Notification System (Toasts)
- very nice, but no seperate option to deactivate the sound or the volume of it

Explosion Damage
- the first intrusion will show.

New Modules
- ERP could turn out to be IMBA
- Weapon stab seems to be ok

Corporation internal Markets
- damn, its about time. i hope the internal orders are counted seperately from the open orders

Account reset revamp
- Grem and Kalsius did a good discussion about that, i agree with them

Gameplay Fixes:
New: Mobile teleport beacons have now a 3 minute initial deployment timer.
three minutes seems to long to use them as "escape option", but the two most important changes are not mentioned: size reduced to 2U !!! and prices adjusted
Fix: Weapons set to manual mode did not stop when shots missed or got blocked.
wow, that was fast. i reportet that just a few days ago
Newly spawned NPCs did not notice stationary players. They've been sent to a spatial perception crash course.
infestation spawns harder now? And does that mean i have to armor my sequer /lithus when farming npcs now?
Fix: Observer despawn timers will be now reset when they get locked.
it was surely anoying if a almost dead observer despawned infront of you
Fix: NPCs will now try to find a way out of locked places, rather than getting overly depressed and committing suicide.
but it was funny
Fix: Fixed a certain exploit.
fixing exploits always good

Robots and modules
- good changes alltogether, IMHO missing something like "20% more cargo for mk2 hauler"

Graphic engine
- more options!

Industry
- bah, robot duping fixed sad
- everything else has its own topic

Assignments
- next patch will bring more, right?

Intrusion
-no more fake registering?

Market
-nice improvements

GUI
- i hope they all work

General
- doesnt bother me

* '''Fix:''' Chat block works now as intended.

Yay. Now I don't have to listen to certian people spew forth nonsense.

I haven't tried any of it, but overall im very pleased. Everything sounds like it's going to be very beneficial to the game. I really like the intrusion changes, they're even better then the idea I had of just making them cost 50 million.

Surge wrote:

This is the first place I found patch notes and the topic seemed to be exactly what I was wondering as a ex-subscriber. It was nice to read the patch notes to have a baseline to compare the comments to.

So how are you guys liking the patch? More importantly is it worth re-subbing for?

Devs are still working on getting the expansion bugs ironed out, so not much feed back ATM.

22 (edited by Fluffy Pink Bunny 2011-05-05 01:28:27)

this new changes & all that makes me want to log back into the game for a look at the very least!

but i cant log on making me a sad panda sad

Embolism wrote:
Surge wrote:

This is the first place I found patch notes and the topic seemed to be exactly what I was wondering as a ex-subscriber. It was nice to read the patch notes to have a baseline to compare the comments to.

So how are you guys liking the patch? More importantly is it worth re-subbing for?

Hey Embolism. Everyone has their own opinion, and mine is ovbiously biased, but I never lapsed my sub, and now I'm happy that I didnt because alot of the changes will be great for the game. I look forward to seeing GG come back, and hopefully for good this time. You guys were a ton of fun to fight.

My personal opinion is, that those needed changes, make the game somewhat more "mature". A nice step forward, towards a successfull game with the opportunities of growing a solid playerbase. Of course there is still much to do, but its great to see DEV´s taking notice of player suggestions and are open for discussions.

We are heading into the right direction. Thumbs up for the good work, the DEV´s are delivering.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

25 (edited by Exomorph 2011-05-05 12:35:11)

Gameplay==

god job

==Robots and modules==

* '''Change:''' Halved the weight of Demobilizers, ECMs, Sensor suppressors, Signal detectors and Signal maskers. - Finally!!!
* '''Change:''' Increased the locking range of Tyrannos. - it was time to do this
* '''Change:''' Increased the speed of non-EW light robots (Castel, Yagel, Prometheus and their Mk2 variants). - now they can be part of mixed roaming group smile
* '''Change:''' Decreased the base mass of Intakt and Cameleon (of their Mk2 variants as well). - Cameleon WHY ??? Cam was fastest ew bot ... now even more faster ...
* '''Change:''' Increased the number of maximum locked targets of all Mk2 robots by 2. - love it

==Intrusion==

* '''Change:''' Base intrusion registration fee has been increased to 10 million NIC. - why just 10m? ... but with fail points its ok ...
* '''New:''' Introduced intrusion fail points: if you register for an intrusion event and fail to take over '''at least one''' SAP, you will get an intrusion fail point. These points function as a multiplier for intrusion registration fees (2x 4x 8x multiplier, and is capped at 8x). Fail points can be revoked by intrusion protection points. (Note: if you already own a SAP and register for the intrusion, you have to defend it (complete it again) or take any other of the SAPs - not doing anything will give you a fail point, regardless of the fact that the SAP will still remain yours.) - \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/ - finally this was needed badly!!! (everyone know what i'M talking about tongue)

==GUI==

Good things!! Thx

Summa summarum : We got many good things, and hope there will be low numbers on bugs and exploits tongue

P.S. : Kain still needs speed nerf!!! smile speed ratio isn't good at mechs (its ok for any other robot group : ew, light, assault, heavy mechs)