Re: Content expansion - Titan ore

Sure, yep, could happen.

A few posts ago, I did the math on that. Ore would have to drop from .50 to .34 before it became less profitable for a miner with +100% yeild. Now, combat miners are going to find it less profitable much earlier, and miners with more +%yeild will hold profit with it even lower.

If someone is selling ore at .30, it probably means they have a lot of +Yeild, or they don't know what their margins should be. Sounds like a buff to dedicated miners like yourself as you will have a larger margin to work with if you get in a price war.

Yes, Hauling is going to be a bigger issue now, because there will be more ore. Sounds like a reason to keep the prices off the floor. Its a player driven item, the price could even go up, but it won't sell in volume as even combat miners will be able to mine enough to make it worth it if prices don't go down.

It takes us less than 20 mins to go anywhere on alpha with 10+ miners and will drain the fields. Hauling back to beta afterwards will take a little longer but nothing thats not already done. All this will do is have beta corps clearing alpha islands of ores more than they do now.

Toku

If an alpha corp hasn't already drained the field, its likely the area is not being used by an alpha corp anyway, so your welcome to it.

Solo miners will sit on green fields near outposts and be more than happy to keep it mowed, which means large beta corps coming to alpha will only find fields worth their time further inland.

Other than titan ore, the fields on beta are going to be bigger and more suited to large scale mining, so it would be less efficent for you to come to alpha for all your mining. If this wasn't true, it would already be happening now.

Titan ore isn't going to be rare, I highly doubt that 10,20, or 100 miners are going to drain all the titan fields on 6 alpha islands, so again your welcome to come on over.

We know your into the self-suffciency, you don't have to buy your itan ore, other corps will so it's all good.

The only thing that would make me think twice about the current proposed distribution and quantity of ore, would be if the game suddenly rebounded and got to double the launch population. Then there could be 100's of new miners, which would get a lot of ore into the system, but make earning a living competitive.

Honestly what's so hard to understand?
every change they(DEVs) made lately (and by lately i mean since feb 15th) was in a precise direction:
Makin the mining related activities more time-consuming.
Doing so the game lost a bunch of dudes, how many now online @ peak? 250-300?
well that's the direction they took, and this time, to avoid even more playerbase losses they added something else to the new patch, a "free for all" full reset, so that players can reroll their mining toons to pvp ones.

Why they make so? they stated it more than once, want more active players (less afk dudes), want more people doing pvp, and want more people spending hours online every day, no space for "semi-casual" players
Is this the right path?ok here i'm givin just my very personal opinion, no it isn't, game is slowly steering from a sandbox to a...well to something else, and that's one of the reasons (always imo) behind the low population of the game

cya

55 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-04 12:08:33)

how is implementing speed-boost highways, increasing ammount per cycle and modules that enable mining inbetween of npcs making mining more time consuming?

Alpha island miner will only get the positive aspect: 50% yield increase for imentium, stermonite and especially triandlus and helioptris. they can get more material for production or tradeing with less driving inbetween.

the price for titan ore is already down to almost "worthless" - this change can only increase the value of titan ore. If did mining Titan ore as freelance miner to sell it unrefined on the market up to now, you probably did something wrong anyway...

edit: and because titan is used in most weapons and armor plates - you can get the titan pretty well from recycling too.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

how is implementing speed-boost highways,

'cause those highways were meant just  for miners right?aren't they maybe as usefull also for roaming gangs tryin to get from one island to another, or for dudes doin PvE?

on the other hand how is reducing the regen rate (twice) of minerals, adding their ability to move around, adding roaming bots that many times spawn right outside mining fields  help consume less time for a miner?

besides, if solo mining titan to sell it is wrong, and so to be taken care of, then we'r no more in a sandbox , and that's my point.
then again is just me, i'm pretty sure we have plenty more players online now than we used to have in january right(not speaking of nov/december)?