Topic: DEV: fatal - Display Password in ChatChan. upon changing

Hello DEV´s, Hello Calvin,

it cannot be, that upon changing a Password in Chat Channel, like maybe an Intel Channel, the Password is beeing displayed in real text as a system chat notification, for everyone to see.

It is just not possible, to change a password, whithout everyone, knowing about it and also knowing the new password. There just isn´t a possiblity to shut out unwanted readers, within the channel.

Please change this ASAP.

[12:01:59] * xxxx has changed the channel's password: xxxxx

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: DEV: fatal - Display Password in ChatChan. upon changing

/signed
Also please add list of channel members (including offline), and invitation by channel op like in squad

+1 to both of the above postings!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

corp ID allowed only be nice as well, but the above has priority

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

Wow, I didn't know this happened. Yeah, +1

6 (edited by Syndic 2011-04-26 14:00:42)

There are easier ways to get the channel password... hop on TS; "hey guys whats the new password I had to reinstall my client/accidentally closed my channel/etc?", works every time.

EDIT:

But I agree, the channel listing the password without encryption is kinda stupid. Rather then changing existing chat channel, it would be nice to finally have some alliance features in game.

This bug that posts only half of my actual post is ***.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

There are easier ways to get the channel password... hop on TS; "hey guys whats the new password I had to reinstall my client/accidentally closed my channel/etc?", works every time.

More likely you just ask someone who defected from Norhoop to CIR as a proof of his allegiance, to give you the intel channel password.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

8 (edited by Siddy 2011-04-26 14:41:02)

Problems, intel channels?

*trollface.jpg*

JeanMi Requile wrote:

More likely you just ask someone who defected from Norhoop to CIR as a proof of his allegiance, to give you the intel channel password.

Our new members prove their allegiance in the mining fields and farming pits of Soviet Doomhalarn on a daily basis for months; rather then merely supplying something that:

a) we already have and can get whenever we want
b) can be changed the next day

But yes, alliance features are a better way of solving it then adding more stuff to the chat channel system which is pretty robust and functioning, barring the stupidity where it doesn't encrypt the password when its changed & listed in the channel.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Suggestion:
Make everyone Operate of a channel they join.
Now that was a fun few hours.

Instead of just removing the password broadcast a new channel system would be a greatest achievement of all.

Limiting access (Not through a password), unbanning, deleting the channel (Owner only), transfer channel ownership etc..

...and still no Dev´s reply on this...

#Bad Robot

Password display will be removed in the next patch.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Password display will be removed in the next patch.

Exellent and ty for your response

#Bad Robot