1 (edited by Arga 2011-04-08 03:38:02)

Topic: Candy Store Update!

Where are we at so far!

Global storage listing - Done !!!
Introduce a new loot type which all NPCs will drop - Done !!!
Market rates graph - Done !!!
CT trading - Done !!!
Market order modification - Done !!!
Trophies/Losses details - Done !!!

Here is what is left to look forward to in the next patches:

Geoscanner folders
Event notification system
Explosion damage
Spark teleport
Performance-based assignment rewards

And of course, the new Islands at some point.

Kernels have gotten a lot of attention, but how about the stuff!

How is the market order modification and the Storage working out for everyone?  *I'm still traveling so haven't had a chance to check it out myself*

Re: Candy Store Update!

TBH, I really like all the recent changes.

Even the Kernel change.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Overall I thought it was a good patch. Interesting changes and I agree with Grem, we had a chat about it last night and I think the kernel change is going to be good in the long term. Expect a more detailed look on the next podcast.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

I’m glad about the implementation of the plasma drops. Now fighters don’t need to do transport missions to buy ammo and upgrade their mission robot.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Geoscanner folders:
I really hope this also allows the data to be shared a lot more easily. In the end all you get is a snapshot of the area and currently sending the data to other members of a squad is very very difficult.

Event notification system:
Do want!

Explosion damage:
As long as this doesn't a) crash the server or b) create waves of suicide robots instead of real PVP then I am all for it!

Spark teleport:
I'll pass judgement on that later. Seems like it'll go the way of the teleport beacon and interference transmitter. Not needed if not powerful enough or exploitable if too powerful.

Performance-based assignment rewards:
Scrap this idea and make a whole new chain of assignments with optional repeatable side assignments. Micro storyline for all factions with an Industry/Logistics and Combat/Logistics balance. With repeatable extras. 3 to 5 assignments per stage (Level 1 to 6). This would be very awesome. Performance based offers would be awesome. Kill 15 robots in 5 minutes of one type and be offered a special bounty mission to kill something similar. Only a 50% chance to get the offer or something like that.

The Game

JeanMi Requile wrote:

I’m glad about the implementation of the plasma drops. Now fighters don’t need to do transport missions to buy ammo and upgrade their mission robot.

Transport missions still have a much better time vs. NIC value than killing bots that may be killed by a single light/assault bot. So especially as a beginner player (as I am) it is still not worth doing bounty missions or farm 1st stars for NIC while you may get 1 million in an hour doing utterly boring transports... Another reason may be that I do not know where to go to farm higher solo mobs with my light/assault. At least the level 2 missions I get from Cavadria sent me to a bunch of Trojars and whatnots that lock and kill me at a range of 300+

So I am hoping for the performance based assignments to kick me out of that circle of boredom...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Legedric Warstrike wrote:

... snip!

Transport missions still have a much better time vs. NIC value than killing bots that may be killed by a single light/assault bot.

...snip!

So I am hoping for the performance based assignments to kick me out of that circle of boredom...

I agree with you on the fact that L1 transport assignments are still unbeatable when it comes to obtaining NIC. Despite this fact, the income gap between hauling and combat assignments, has been sufficiently bridged to make the later worth doing.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

For me, what the Kernel change did was shake me up to see that there was something wrong in general with research. Its not about the volume of kernels, as a NIC source, but about the amount of research a player can do per kernel with additional extensions.

Looking forward to the podcast, as always.

I'm elated about Zoom asking for direct input on the geo folders! Awesome.

Missions in general need love, but they have been doing more around each patch than just what are in the notes, so maybe we'll see something that addresses those issues.

Global storage list -- Awesome. (No more easter egg hunts for the lost sequer)

Radar panning -- Awesome.

Direct trade for damaged items and CTs -- Awesome. (Thank God no more field containers)

Kernel Nerf -- sad (This does not bode well for transport since there was no EP refund on effected skills)

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

the patch is awesome. As for kernals, I think they should keep it the way it is or even patch it so research is even more harder. The game is still fairly new, should be no reason to be able to research everything within one months time if you were that crazy.....SHould take months, even t4's out should of taken awhile to research. Leave the kernals the way they are, people need to work for that shiit, not expect to gain it super quick lol...Everyone wants wants wants, not enough patience in this game.

Not a single person from a corp without tech is posting YEA MAKE IT HARDER.  Only the ones who already have the tech -- must be lots of Republicans in game.

12 (edited by Arga 2011-04-09 20:05:11)

Just because one corp caps research in a month is not a reason to make it harder. That's called balancing the game around one corp, and its not a good idea.

Two racers are running a 100 mile race.
Every 20 miles there is a checkpoint.
The first runner maintains a 4 minute mile and reaches the checkpoint in 80 minutes.
The judges think this is too fast so they add hurdles to the race.
The second runner, that can do 8 minute miles running, now had to hurdle the last 10 miles at 16 minutes per mile.
Check Point 1:
Runner 1 Time: 80 minutes
Runner 2 Time: 240 minutes

The total 100 mile race time for Runner 1 is 560 minutes. Basically the complete the race as Runner 2 gets to checkpoint 3.

Runner 1 is a better runner and wins, but no one watches the race after checkpoint 1 and the finish line has no cheering crowds. Runner 1 loves competition, but Runner 2 just flat refuses to race again.

Instead of making the race harder at checkpoint 1, the judges decide to hold Runner 1 at the checkpoint until Runner 2 arrives. Runner 1 still wins each leg, but they never get more than 1 checkpoint ahead.

Runner 1 gets bored waiting for Runner 2. The judges don't like seeing Runner 1 bored, so they add the hudles back in. Runner 1 is happy again, until the next checkpoint, where they have to wait 2 times as long now for Runner 2 to finish the hurdles.

Balancing the race around the fastest runner makes the race boring by either needing to wait around or the being is so one sided nobody cares anymore.

im waiting for the announcement of some features that only affect those big, advanced and wealthy corps.

- volume based storage fee's (would be the first real moneysink that doesnt affect noobs)
- member tax (the leadership extensions are only one-time investation for a 500 member corp)
- more reward for outposts, but also more things you have to do to keep it
- ... many more things that doesnt affect the noobs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear