Topic: Critical hit question.

From what I’ve read a critical hit applies a 1,75 modifier to an attack.
An attack that would have dealt 100 damage, deals 175 if it “goes critical” from what I understand.

What is the base chance of having dealing a critical hit? Without the critical hit extension it’s 0% correct? Meaning you’ll never deal a critical hit without the extension. If said extension is at 5, you’ll have a 5% chance of dealing a critical hit. Statistically one in 20 shots will be a critical.

Let us consider two cases.
1) Without critical hit extension
20 shots each at 100 damage will deal 2.000 damage. (The target will actually suffer less than 2000 because it has resistances, but the amount dealt, before resistances are applied is 2.000 in this case).

2) With the critical hit extension.
Statistically, 19 shots will deal 100 damage, and one will go critical and deal 175 for a total of 2075 damage.

The difference in damage dealt between these two configurations is 75. Proportionally 75 / 2000 = 3,75%.

So the complexity level 6 skills with 5 points in it, can statistically be translated into a 3,75% boost to damage with any weapon.

This hardly makes the extention worth obtaining.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Re: Critical hit question.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

From what I’ve read a critical hit applies a 1,75 modifier to an attack.
An attack that would have dealt 100 damage, deals 175 if it “goes critical” from what I understand.

What is the base chance of having dealing a critical hit? Without the critical hit extension it’s 0% correct? Meaning you’ll never deal a critical hit without the extension. If said extension is at 5, you’ll have a 5% chance of dealing a critical hit. Statistically one in 20 shots will be a critical.

Let us consider two cases.
1) Without critical hit extension
20 shots each at 100 damage will deal 2.000 damage. (The target will actually suffer less than 2000 because it has resistances, but the amount dealt, before resistances are applied is 2.000 in this case).

2) With the critical hit extension.
Statistically, 19 shots will deal 100 damage, and one will go critical and deal 175 for a total of 2075 damage.

The difference in damage dealt between these two configurations is 75. Proportionally 75 / 2000 = 3,75%.

So the complexity level 6 skills with 5 points in it, can statistically be translated into a 3,75% boost to damage with any weapon.

This hardly makes the extention worth obtaining.

Great point and view but lets take a step back and look at this from a different side.

How much crit would be beneficial? 15/20/30%?  are these numbers obtainable?

If we quickly view our nexus modules we can find that there is in fact a Crit nexus. With T4 nexus and level 5 extension bonus you gain : +10% we have now hit 15%

Now is there any where else to gain a bonus from? skim bots now and some yellow bots can gain a bonus. With minimum of level 5 robotics skill you now are at 20% bonus.

When viewing how effective a skill or module is and they seem kind of ineffective. Make sure to check if there are any other ways of obtaining this bonus.

Hit evasion is another great example of bonus gained vs effectiveness in amount.