Topic: Front lights

It's quite dark at night, and I was thinking why such advanced machines like mechs don’t have simple front lights.
So suggestion is...  put front lights on mechs.

So that at night you can turn them On/Off and illuminate some area in front of mech.

Also I think this will look awesome.:D

What do you think about this?

Re: Front lights

Totally agree! )

The lighting effect at night just needs to be extended in an arc. They can generate light sources currently client side but I don't know about directional light. This would be very nice though. Client update for this would be most awesome. Outposts with floodlights would be nice too.

The Game

/yay!

big_smile big_smile big_smile

+1

I suspect you could mess with the gamma, lighting, draw ranges, etc. to where you could probably see the lighting effect further than the radar would normally let you spot a masked bot; which is cool... means you have to turn your lights off at night if you want to be being sneaky.

Some top and rear lights would be good also, so I can see my mech at night

+1

Awesome idea!
I want front lights like in my Porsche.

up for good idea
/support

While not necessary (since it's not very dark) I would love to have some headlights at night.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana wrote:

While not necessary (since it's not very dark) I would love to have some headlights at night.

hell yeah, a couple flood lights on top, so when you pvp roam, "i said freeze! on the ground now or I kill uuuuuu"

13 (edited by Annihilator 2011-04-08 07:46:39)

I really hope they can come up with an GFX-Engine upgrade that allows:

1. moon as dim light-source, making everything cast a shadow even at night

the big difference between day and night in this game. without shadows it just looks plain and washed out

2. ambient occlusion like shadows around any object

that would improove the look at day AND night

3. dynamic lights (yes they are completely missing now)

wouldn't it be nice if my
    double-rainbow-lasers and all those fancy explosions would light up the sourroundings at night?
    also this is necessary for headlights that are not only decoration.
    a resource hog could be then the implementation of dynamic shadows for dynamic lights.

4. with all the above measures - much darker nights!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It would be awesome but their shadow system really isn't the best right now.
First I'd like to see the shadow system improved to the point that other games can do it without issue and then see dynamic lighting out in to the point where everything creates a short term local light source. With lighting turned on I'd also like to see nights made much darker as it's all graphical effects this would just be client side so the server needs to do nothing new.

The Game

If we talking about GFX update, i would like to see
1. Better magnetic weapon animation: the slug have 1-2 kmps speed when shooted. So it will be awesome for agents too see gun recoil after shoots.
2. Same ^^ for all laser weapons on all mechs. Recoil effects should add much fun)
3. Better rocket launch animation with a long firedust trail behind rocket launchers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQJKa8n … re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YA1fo3 … re=related
4. High modeled bots and better walking animations
5. Small but recognisable details on the landscape, what will help to feel that you driving huge robot.

Alexadar wrote:

...snip!
1. Better magnetic weapon animation: the slug have 1-2 kmps speed when shooted. So it will be awesome for agents too see gun recoil after shoots.

... snip!

Recoil effects should add much fun)
3. Better rocket launch animation with a long firedust trail behind rocket launchers:
... snip!
5. Small but recognisable details on the landscape, what will help to feel that you driving huge robot.

I think that high end graphics appeal to the new players mostly. When you join the game you zoom around your robot and marvel at it every time you add a module or buy a new different mech.

Once you’ve been in game for a while, and you’re busy driving your 164th Baphomet, you play fully zoomed out, with that ugly impassable terrain grid on and your eyes are mostly focused on the target’s health status than on the pretty recoil effects on your guns.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Once you’ve been in game for a while, and you’re busy driving your 164th Baphomet, you play fully zoomed out, with that ugly impassable terrain grid on and your eyes are mostly focused on the target’s health status than on the pretty recoil effects on your guns.

Will talk for myself: i enjoying GFX even if i driving my 164th Gropho. That was in all games what i played.

I still love looking at the ictus, it's an awesome looking mech. IMO Mesmer is sexier than the gropho and the Seth is fugly. I still <3 the fo fo fo

More GFX, more details, more robotic animation will attract new players and keep olders. It is a 3D videogame, and good GFX is an important part.

Would also be fun to Habsburg viable qt night from beyond radar range

And horns!.  Wimpy sounding Volkswagen horns for smaller bots, and fog horns for teh biggies!  Bring on those horns!

22 (edited by Taomo 2011-05-02 02:51:44)

aaaand up topic! )

i want strobing red and blue cop lights on my arbalest, while it plays
this every time i have a player targeted

Devs please ignore this thread and go back to adding POS.

Thank you smile

Though this sounds good, I do agree with Ral: Developers, go work on the POS first!