Topic: Another traveling solution.

Could we not have a sort of Spark Carrier Bot, seeded in all stations. A concept similar to the shuttles in Eve. The type of bot which has no other purpose but getting around. Something like a watered down Arkhe with no item slots.

Example of a need for a spark carrier bot.
If you have 3 insured bots, each with less than 6 U of cargo space in one station and wish to get them all to another station. You’re doomed.
You’re current options are:
1 Cancel insurance (throw money out the window), package them, and take them to said other station with sequer.
2 Cancel insurance, sell them, go to said other station, pray they have that same bot for sale, and purchase again.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Re: Another traveling solution.

You forgot option 3. Suicide insured bots and profit.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

If you have bots you want to move, I'm not sure how a 'Spark Shuttle' is supposed to solve that?

I think what your really asking for is to be able to package insured bots or to allow unpackaged bots into cargo holds; regardless of the type of bot your talking about putting them into.

The Arkhe as-is works as a spark only shuttle.

To keep within the philosophy of a player run market said spark shuttle could be player made. The downside of being player made is that it will not be as widely spread, which would defeat the purpose of said carriers.

To compensate for this, if the carriers were small enough to fit into the tienest cargo holds, they could easely be spread around the various stations.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Ok, I understand now what your talking about.

Wait and see how the spark teleport is implemented. It could be that you can drive a bot to a remote station, then just teleport back to main outpost.