Topic: Exclusive Interview with DEV Zoom

As we mentioned on the Podcast, we have an interview with DEV Zoom. I know some people will not listen to the podcast, it's not everyones preferred way of getting their info so here is a link to those who want to jump straight in...

http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/f … 6&t=37

Further questions, comments etc are all greatly appreciated and if anyone has a desire for me to try and cajole a particular DEV into an interview, let me know!

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Re: Exclusive Interview with DEV Zoom

Too lazy to read. Gief TLDR version.

Terraforming in 2012? R U MAD BRO?!

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

Further questions, comments etc are all greatly appreciated and if anyone has a desire for me to try and cajole a particular DEV into an interview, let me know!

Well... I would imagine that pretty much every player in Perpetuum has some kind of an opinion about the game balance and as such it would be very interesting indeed to hear an interview of Dev Alf about the topic.

Syndic wrote:

Just to clarify: the question was "what would you like to look back on in 2012 if we get an interview a year from now?", and not "what will you patch in 2012" smile

DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Just to clarify: the question was "what would you like to look back on in 2012 if we get an interview a year from now?", and not "what will you patch in 2012" smile

In my defense, I kinda skimmed through it for something that was interesting. I certainly looking forward to seeing terraforming on the new Gamma/Delta/Omega/Whatever-You-Call-Them islands and constructing my base there, when you implement it.

But paintjobs first, I think we agree it's the most important feature atm, with terraforming & nullsec being close 2nd most important. Preferably by the end of tomorrow.

lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

... SNIP!

But paintjobs first, I think we agree it's the most important feature atm, with terraforming & nullsec being close 2nd most important. Preferably by the end of tomorrow.

lol

I would have put new player experience improvement and mission balancing on top of the priority list personally.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

JeanMi Requile wrote:
Syndic wrote:

... SNIP!

lol

I would have put new player experience improvement and mission balancing on top of the priority list personally.

Nothing improves the new player experience like the ability to destroy a planet. Barring that, slapping on a coat of red paint and going WAAAGH! in PVP is pretty much THE best improvement for a new player experience.

Let me put it this way... Its vanity. You simply cannot go wrong with vanity. The paint-scratching stuff is already in game, so it creates a demand. The only thing the Devs need to do is offer a palette of colors that can be manufactured by players and sold to other players.

Everybody wants their bot to be a different and unique snowflake. Yes, there will be black bots everywhere. Yes, it will create a constant demand for paint job kits that new players should be able to produce on Alpha and offer on the market. Different colors should require different resources.

And if you don't want pink Hello Ictus! bots in the game, just don't make Pink an available color in the palette. Look at all the people spending money on branded brushes, paints, sprays, base colors, bla bla for painting their Warhammer figurines; everyone wants their army/robot to be unique and special.

So how does it improve the new-player experience?
1. The variety new players see in game. Seeing every Kain (for example) with a different color is far more impressive then seeing 250 Kain mechs all looking EXACTLY the same, going EXACTLY the same speed, using EXACTLY the same weapons.
2. It provides them with a goal they can achieve solo, without requiring a medium/large corporation. Crafting paint job kits shouldn't be easy, but it should be easier to do then grind kernels to get knowledge to create bad prototypes to get a few lines out that won't sell anyway because nobody wants T1-T2 stuff.
3. It creates a niche in the market where there is a constant demand, so prices wont drop through the floor but nobody will make a killing either. It gets more NIC into circulation, so that guy who just spent a week making paint will be able to afford a Mech without having to run 400 transport missions (or carve his brain out because it is THAT boring).
4. The cool factor. I want a red Kain. I'd happily trade all my NIC (currently 37 million) for a bucket of red paint to slap on my bot. Then I would go out and die in PVP, or my mech will get his paint scratched, and I'd go make NIC to buy MORE paint, because thats how vanity-features work.

wink

CIR Complaint Form

This painting idea is just GREAT! And I don't say that because Syndic is the best leader ever in and from the best corp ever ;-)

Imagine my disappointment when i first saw the armor color of my medium drainers was not the same than my vagabond armor color. The arms are...green sad

Paintjobs first!  And give full palett every colors has the right to live

You didn't ask the hard question:

Do you prefer Pie or Cake? ... (cake is a lie btw, not to influence any opinions, or maybe it isn't a lie in portal II)