Topic: The Freeze on Transport Assignments ...

So, I am running around delivering 'lunch boxes' to Asintec, ICS and Tru-Hold.

The driving around is practically flawless, however, when I enter a Terminal to deliver or pick-up transportation assignments my game locks up and I am forced to wait 3-7(up to 10+) seconds just to deliver or accept a new assignment. 

This does not always happen ... just 95% of the time.  Talk about extremely annoying and unsatisfying.

I have talked to people in my Corp about this and some believe it is a 'sync' issue. 

I just installed a Geforce 560 Ti with 1g ddr5 which was an large upgrade from my Geforce 8600 GT.  Packing 4gig Ram on XP Pro with an Amd Phenom Quad Core Processor all on a Asus Mobo.  My ps rates somewhere over 750+ and I use an 7meg internet connection (cable).

My question is ... why in the world would I lock-up inside the Terminal and what can I do if anything to help remove such issues?  Since when docked, the Terminal uses much less gfx rendering and such, I cannot fathom why when in a less graphically demanding environment my game would freeze. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.  It would be great to know if the Devs are aware of this issue also.

Before I forget, it happens whether I run 1 or 2 accounts on this pc. 

Thanks All,
-Veliera

Re: The Freeze on Transport Assignments ...

by chance do you have your agent profile window open?
client freeze most time happens when you have that window open, after running countless missions within 2 days and everytime your standing-log and transactions-log updates

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sorry for the delayed response.  No, I have only the Terminal Storage open, my Cargo and the Assignments window.

When you do a large volume of assignments handing in assignments lags for a few seconds.

The Game

Open assigments window, duobleclick necessaries then close assigments window -> no freeze.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Veliera wrote:

So, I am running around delivering 'lunch boxes' to Asintec, ICS and Tru-Hold.

The driving around is practically flawless, however, when I enter a Terminal to deliver or pick-up transportation assignments my game locks up and I am forced to wait 3-7(up to 10+) seconds just to deliver or accept a new assignment. 

This does not always happen ... just 95% of the time.  Talk about extremely annoying and unsatisfying.

I have talked to people in my Corp about this and some believe it is a 'sync' issue. 

I just installed a Geforce 560 Ti with 1g ddr5 which was an large upgrade from my Geforce 8600 GT.  Packing 4gig Ram on XP Pro with an Amd Phenom Quad Core Processor all on a Asus Mobo.  My ps rates somewhere over 750+ and I use an 7meg internet connection (cable).

My question is ... why in the world would I lock-up inside the Terminal and what can I do if anything to help remove such issues?  Since when docked, the Terminal uses much less gfx rendering and such, I cannot fathom why when in a less graphically demanding environment my game would freeze. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.  It would be great to know if the Devs are aware of this issue also.

Before I forget, it happens whether I run 1 or 2 accounts on this pc. 

Thanks All,
-Veliera

same thing happens to me too, with more delay if it's being turned in as squad instead of just the 1 guy.

TRANTOR wrote:

Open assigments window, duobleclick necessaries then close assigments window -> no freeze.

I have no idea what your talking about.  I only have the transportation assignments showing ... for the level I am doing ...

-Veliera

If you close the assignment window, devilering missions is faster.

Proceed as follows.

Enter the outpost where you must deliver your transport mission.
Open the assignment window.
Bring up all your accomplished missions BUT DON'T turn them in.
Close the assignment window
Turn in the missions.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I see.  I will try that, but it sounds quite foolish that it would need to be done that way.  I really hope they fix the issue soon.  But I guess we will see what happens with the Assignment changes that are coming. 

Thank you for the help.  If anyone finds an alternate way, I would be interested in try it out.  Something makes me think it is related to the generating of item rewards.  But then, why would it do so when accepting an Assignment ... bah! 

LoL. 

Thank you again for all your inputs.

-Veliera

There was a fix for this and all logs in a recent patch, anyone still having issues?

Works fine.

Thx!

big_smile big_smile big_smile