Topic: What to upgrade from standard first?

Getting my butt kicked by level 2 assignments in my Yagel light assault robot.

I have all standard equipment (em guns, 2 em tunings, small armor repair).

Question is, what do I upgrade first?  Stuff is expensive, so I want to take it one piece at a time.  Weapons first?  Reactor stuff so I can keep my armor repair on?  Armor?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: What to upgrade from standard first?

Accumulator  expansion energy management are good skills....umm... Personally I think tiered gear is nice to have but putting your ep into the right skills is most important skills is what makes the most diff umm...basic bot skill will increase ur bots bonus thus u get more dps and rep ability all depending on your bot type best thing is look for a corp that will be willing to help u put ur ep in the right skills

3 (edited by Arga 2011-03-14 20:35:42)

The level 2 missions are very difficult to do solo, regardless of your skill or fit.

The greatest issue I ran into was getting jammed than demobbed continually. The packs with (2) Ewar are just really really difficult solo, regardless of the bot you are in.

Use an ECCM, try to kill the ewar first, if you can kite the assignment mobs out of their 'pocket' that is even better.

If you can get someone to help, even another starter player, it will go much easier.

EDIT:

If you only have 1 head slot, then sensor amp instead of ECCM, and skill up sensor connection and improved lock time.

If you can't stop them from jamming, at least you can reaquire faster than they can rejam, and get 1-2 shots off.

The first thing you upgrade is your bot, get into an Assault mech as soon as possible.
More armour, accumulator and locking range = win. The extra slots don't hurt either :-)

Upgrade your social status, join a corp, get in a group and do missions with friends. This is an MMO not a single player game, getting into a better community will help you more than getting into a bigger robot.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I feel the need to repeat what JeanMi said, nothing opens a game like this up to you like a good corp

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin