Re: MK2 Robots - what do you think about them?

Annihilator wrote:

so, adding mk2 items in already?

are they worth the effort - especially the mechs?
or do we have to wait for the first m2s mk2's rolling off the production lines, to get figure out the formula position of the new robot bonus?

Extra Head/Leg slot & a Little Extra bonus Just IS NOT worth the Huge Extra COST on 99% of the Bots....

At the Monment the CT's are having a 25% Ratio, a Huge Mineral expense

I have found 2 Argano Mk2 CT's and there they need (with my Expentsion & Relation) 362 Briochit (extra 2.1mil at current Market prices),

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

They give you 1 extra head and leg slot, another bonus as well as increased mass, meaning speed.
It's like T4 gear, its expensive but for some its worth it. For others standard gear works out.

Topic: MK2 Robots - what do you think about them?

Facts:
- to build them, you need a mk1 robot + same ammount of material again + extras
- they all come with 1 more head and legslot
- they all have darker color then mk1
- they all got one more robot bonus based on their "enabler"-extension
- they all need two level higher "enabler"-extensions to be used.

highlights for me are:

• Sequer MK2
    comes with Demob-resists and for my industrial agent already useable
    extra slots give me more options for shield-fit, turning it into the perfect tank for npc-farming or treasure hunting.

• Artemis MK2
    Accumulator bonus? You never can have to much of it.

• Termis/Gargoyle MK2
    For alpha miner/harvester they could turn out better then a Riveler/Gargoyle MK1

• Heavy Mech MK2
    with one more head and legslot they will be the ultimate TANKS. Slow, but with the extra 10% damage mod on any weapon they will also deal allot of damage.
    The lvl10 faction-extension to drive them, and probably the CPU/Reactor extensions to fit them will make them a rare sight on the battlefield for the next few weeks/month.
    (if you got it on lvl8 now to drive your regular heavy, you will need ~16days until you can drive the mk2 EWAR mech, and ~51days for the mk2 heavy)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

A note one might easily skip over, Mk2's have more mass.

yeah, fu* forgot, thank you - which means they get higher top speeds.

whats the new ewar topspeed?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

more mass would mean they get lower top speeds unless im doing math wrong

7 (edited by Siddy 2011-03-12 23:06:04)

Heavies = ***, total redundant and useless.
Mech EW = fantastic
Mechs = pocket heavy mech with better speed but lesser dps.
Assaults = Waspish is good, rest are meh.
Light EW = good for tackling.
Lights = ermmm...

The bonuses they get are too homogeneous and unimaginative.

Also, the modules, i am dissapoint. hmm

Dont do a weed wrote:

More mass means any additional modules mass will be diluted.

Meaning that fully loaded, the mk2 will go faster.

Siddy wrote:
Dont do a weed wrote:

More mass means any additional modules mass will be diluted.

Meaning that fully loaded, the mk2 will go faster.

Yeah i noticed that comparing Kain & Mk2!!!!  goes ~2 kph faster...

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

10 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-13 00:56:59)

Fitting tools for the win. Mk2 robots are amazing is cost means nothing to you. The CT's are a pain but that's the hardest part.

The Game

They can't make the t2 stuff too good. You all should really consider t3 and t4.

Whats the waspish mk2 bonus then and ext.. i cant get in game for like another 2-10 days due to work gaming system refit. you know you want to tell me siddy because im going to have to buy one from you in the end... and a bunch of t/pt4 fittings, because im crazy like that.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

I would rather see bigger and/or more specialized robots then just repainted rehashes of the same models.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Steeldragonz wrote:

Whats the waspish mk2 bonus then and ext.. i cant get in game for like another 2-10 days due to work gaming system refit. you know you want to tell me siddy because im going to have to buy one from you in the end... and a bunch of t/pt4 fittings, because im crazy like that.

same as all other combat bots except mechs:
1% damage per pelistal robot control extension (note: its not bound to a specific weapon type)

four headslots and three legslots + another damage bonus.

if your still specialized in small green bots, this should be your killermachine.

i see so the mk2's are for fighting are basically [maxed out] 10%+ 1 Tuner increase in dmg, and then 1 slot increase for tank/ect.. from the legs

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Is there any demand for the Laird MK2 ?

Steeldragonz wrote:

i see so the mk2's are for fighting are basically [maxed out] 10%+ 1 Tuner increase in dmg, and then 1 slot increase for tank/ect.. from the legs

And the speed in full slot equipped?

Mk2's are rather useless but some of them are very powerful. I can't say which ones are overpowered because then everyone one used them and it would be a nightmare but they're not exactly balanced. This is due to their Mk1 counterpart not being balanced however.

They're expensive and they can be ganked just as easily as any other robot being you WILL lose it at some point if you use it. It's not worth it without an armour increase.

The Game

Castel and Trojar MK2: accumulator recharge, speed and firepower makes them usable for stealth operations.

Kain MK2: fastest mech ingame - one more headslots makes them much more versatile
Tyrannos MK2: another leg and headslot - shield or armor tank, both possible.

ganking ewars MK2: you will see them, im pretty sure.

booo and im still having to work and wait for my tests to finish so i can use my system again no fair

I did get a Riverler MK II CT last night. But the material to actually create one is so much more than I think anyone would pay.

Maybe a Beta industrial guy with a locker full of mats could use it to make his corp mates a couple Riv MK II's, but not me; at least not at this time. Actually, this is probably the case with any MK II CT, although if it was a Baph or Artemis I might grind to get the mats to roll one off the line for personal use.

hmm, about the riv mk2:

how high are the bets that a m2s member alt will be the first one to drive one?
Industrial Robot control lvl8 to lvl10 needs 60d and 6 hours if you have no spare points.
(total EP neccessary to drive one: 140.386 = 98 days, only for activating it, not equipping)

Uh.. Hmm. I didn't look, but if it takes IR 10, that is going to make it even less desirable.

I have lvl 8 already and 50K unspent EP, with my spark setup that's just another 36k (86K from 8 to 10) so ... like 25 days.

Not that i'll waste all my EP on just to sit in a Riv MK II... oddly enough, 25 days of mission running is about what I would need to afford to build one.

I can't see them used on ewar as if you ever used that many slots you would need brutal skills and be slow as hell. Nobody uses assaults in pvp. For mechs they could be useful only if they remove the two amp cap and made it diminishing returns as mechs routinely fire out to max double amp and nexus range even with modest skills and equipment. The 8% / 8% bonus a tuning would give you is not worth the loss of speed nor extra cost. Heavies won't be used as the extra skill needed is brutal and until peeps get a lot more skills that ep is much better spent in other areas.

My recommendations would be to remove the two amp cap and replace with diminishing returns.

Secondly make it +1 skill level rather than two.

Thirdly change the bonus reflective of the bot class:
Ewar should be speed
Assaults should be surface hit size
Mechs should be locking range
Ewar mechs should be their ewar range
Heavies should be damage

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I can't see them used on ewar as if you ever used that many slots you would need brutal skills and be slow as hell. Nobody uses assaults in pvp. For mechs they could be useful only if they remove the two amp cap and made it diminishing returns as mechs routinely fire out to max double amp and nexus range even with modest skills and equipment. The 8% / 8% bonus a tuning would give you is not worth the loss of speed nor extra cost. Heavies won't be used as the extra skill needed is brutal and until peeps get a lot more skills that ep is much better spent in other areas.

My recommendations would be to remove the two amp cap and replace with diminishing returns.

Secondly make it +1 skill level rather than two.

Thirdly change the bonus reflective of the bot class:
Ewar should be speed
Assaults should be surface hit size
Mechs should be locking range
Ewar mechs should be their ewar range
Heavies should be damage

Assaults should be dmg or surface to reflect the advance tech otherwise i agree.... but also once i get in game again [if this damn work will stop getting in the way], i guess im going to have to work on buying some birochit to build some mk2 and whatnot for the lols mostlikely a bunch of lights and assaults. Definately want a waspish just because im like that... and i have the extensions to use it already so why not make the most of what i have i guess. See what other fit types i can get out of it that are useful for different roles maybe.... and maybe finally join a corp [though im not sure on that]