Topic: T1 Transport mission = the economy

Speaking of alpha experience:

Get a sequer for 400k, get 4 mission slots, do tma<->ics<->ais ... tada, you get the most out of it.

Combat missions, even mining somewhat skilled in a termis, are all way less profitable.

If someone wants to buy something, he isnt doing what he's good at (except the traders of course), nope, he sits in a sequer doing T1 (or perhaps T2) transport missions on alpha.

I myself have a mining char with a termis quite okay equipped and skilled, but if i want to make money, ill jump into my sequer. Ill even have my alt in a tyrannos follow me with 2 more transport missions.

I dont think this is working as intended.

Re: T1 Transport mission = the economy

T4 missions

Shaedys wrote:

T4 missions

Not really a beginner content. Also im comparing to the other T1 Stuff you can make ...

Just a couple more days until the next patch.

I really don't see the new content being a particular money maker, but really earning NIC is a means to an end for many players. As a industry/combat player if the patch reduces the time I need to run missions to replace bots and modules, be it more NIC for the market or items directly, then it will be a success.

For new players just starting on transport missions, and if you intend to run those missions as a NIC source, then its worth putting ep into increasing your mission rewards. The market is a little scarce now, but ask around in general chat and here on the forums, and purchase a t4 light weight frame. In the long haul, pun intended, the speed difference between 60 to74 kph is well worth the investment.

If you move onto t2 transport, speed is king. Using that new t4 lwf out in the 'wild' can be a little scary, but if you pay attention out there, those npc's won't catch you and you'll earn 300k NIC per hour.

Arga wrote:

I really don't see the new content being a particular money maker, but really earning NIC is a means to an end for many players. As a industry/combat player if the patch reduces the time I need to run missions to replace bots and modules, be it more NIC for the market or items directly, then it will be a success.

For new players just starting on transport missions, and if you intend to run those missions as a NIC source, then its worth putting ep into increasing your mission rewards. The market is a little scarce now, but ask around in general chat and here on the forums, and purchase a t4 light weight frame. In the long haul, pun intended, the speed difference between 60 to74 kph is well worth the investment.

If you move onto t2 transport, speed is king. Using that new t4 lwf out in the 'wild' can be a little scary, but if you pay attention out there, those npc's won't catch you and you'll earn 300k NIC per hour.

still not worth it I think. Those that have parrallel at lvl 8 + other skills can make 1.3m+ an hour easy running lvl 1 transport missions.

6 (edited by Caithleen 2011-03-08 20:37:49)

TBAsLilBiznatch wrote:
Arga wrote:

still not worth it I think. Those that have parrallel at lvl 8 + other skills can make 1.3m+ an hour easy running lvl 1 transport missions.

So another voice that says : Moneymaking = Forget every aspect of the game, tun T1 transport missions. Well, looking ingame, those missiums are run as if they were a perpetuum wink

This really dismisses so much the game has to give due to imbalance.

But seems no DEV is to be heard about this sad

Oh .. and edith says : They will make the normal mistake most new mmog devs do : Nerf things. Dont get other things as interesting as the cookie skiller, but nerf the cookie skiller.

Problem is .... this makes players leave.

7 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-03-09 03:26:35)

Caithleen wrote:
TBAsLilBiznatch wrote:
Arga wrote:

So another voice that says : Moneymaking = Forget every aspect of the game, tun T1 transport missions. Well, looking ingame, those missiums are run as if they were a perpetuum wink

This really dismisses so much the game has to give due to imbalance.

But seems no DEV is to be heard about this sad

Oh .. and edith says : They will make the normal mistake most new mmog devs do : Nerf things. Dont get other things as interesting as the cookie skiller, but nerf the cookie skiller.

Problem is .... this makes players leave.

I'd like to make an official unofficial response on behalf of the DEV's. This will be fixed.... Soon™

Patch on friday probably won't 'fix' the game, but at least it will be something new.

'Player time' is so different from "Developer time", in the sense that a week seems like a long time to a player, but its a blink of the eye to dev's trying to get new stuff out. The difference between 'wanting' and 'doing' smile

With the way mission payout was increased and the extra tutorial transport missions added in, it seems like the devs are pushing mindless transport missions even more into that “top money maker” spot.

Before someone says it, yes L4s combat missions in full a full pvp zone pay more. Though they are high end mission, you need to grind L2 and L3 for proportionally little pay.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

And the beginners experience is : Drive around in a sequer.

Wonder why the population wont go up ? Perhaps the new players are not only turned of by a complex game ....

Natasya wrote:

And the beginners experience is : Drive around in a sequer.

Wonder why the population wont go up ? Perhaps the new players are not only turned of by a complex game ....

They’re free to do other things but it will pay less and be more dangerous and involve even more mind numbing traveling.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

i have personal stayed away from these, as the only time i have done any assignments has been to gain rep and gain it fast... therefore i have done scans as they are great rep builders but terrible money earners. But this is true i feel if people want any sort of real income they have to turn hauler as kernels and commidities arent worth selling.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Personally I prefer running L3 & L4 transport missions. 2-3 hours = 10 mil, I do it every week or two and I'm quite rich. No problem to drop ~5-10 mil every now and then into the corporation as a donation.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Personally I prefer running L3 & L4 transport missions. 2-3 hours = 10 mil, I do it every week or two and I'm quite rich. No problem to drop ~5-10 mil every now and then into the corporation as a donation.

In a Kain? I saw you relaying yesterday lol

Syndic wrote:

Which is not an option for new players ...

Patch has "Fixed" it. I don't see how this makes any difference. You still need to do a crazy amounts or so training assignments it seems if you've got less than 0.25 standings.

Good luck to anyone this minus. You get about 0.03 per assignments.

The Game

Natasya wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Which is not an option for new players ...

Why wouldn't it be an option?

CIR Complaint Form

Because you

- don't have the faction to do it
- don't have the money to get a replacement mech if its destroyed (but since youre doing t1-missions, you will have the money in no time...)
- probably don't have a beta island corporation yet, since you are just testing the game out at the moment

Level 1 transport assignments make lots of money. Level 2 assignments suck apart from the geoscanning ones. Level 3 are easy to grind. You can get to level 3's in 1 day with a sequer and a geoscanner.

The Game

i did it with geoscanner, on my combat and indy. found that it was just faster to run about doing those for rep [ignoring cash flow] then anything else because of the speed of a bones scanner fit

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Natasya wrote:

Because you

- don't have the faction to do it
- don't have the money to get a replacement mech if its destroyed (but since youre doing t1-missions, you will have the money in no time...)
- probably don't have a beta island corporation yet, since you are just testing the game out at the moment

Faction comes as you do transport missions. There is really no need to stick to L1 missions that give 8-9k when you can run a L3 mission that pays 135k in an Arkhe that doesn't need replacing money-wise (possibly a standard LWF to speed it up a bit).

Yup, transport missions are the economy. Just not T1's, its the T3+T4 combo that pays out 400-500k per run in each direction.

CIR Complaint Form

One last time : Im talking about the newbie experience. Do you know any newbie that starts the game and 1-2 days later drives L3 or L4 missions ?

Caithleen wrote:

One last time : Im talking about the newbie experience. Do you know any newbie that starts the game and 1-2 days later drives L3 or L4 missions ?

The title and OP doesn't mention the newbie experience. Derailing your own thread?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Could be, but thats whats on my mind.

Improve newbie experience and get players to love the game smile