Topic: the market is dead?

where is the market.
I can no longer sell my drop.
I can not find any equip t3-t4.
The market is deserted.
I have faith in this game, and I renew my subscription for three months.
but developers wake up.
I must also be able to do PVE islands beta. my corp can not now go to the islands beta.

Re: the market is dead?

The market is what we make it. Need something or see a need? Help fill it by manufacturing items. Need T3, T4 items.. try to ally with a corp that holds beta island so you can get materials for those items. You cannot just wait for others to create game, this is a player driven economy. As for not being able to go to beta, you just need to be a little humble at first and deal with community. You may be pleasantly surprised what can be done with a little more effort besides logging in and killing a few bots. Good luck.

I think that large corporations do not want to put on the market t4 equip.

I think if there will be 1k+ online players, market will resurrect from ashes.

1k player?i hope.

If people stop buying things, then the market crashes.
Quite simple really.

Shaedys wrote:

If people stop buying things, then the market crashes.
Quite simple really.

i like the way the market is, its been great to me big_smile

true market is dead
when's the new patch coming??

dead market is the fall-out of the removal of mass NIC and 100's of less bots per day being built.

It should slowly recover.

Actually the main problem is you can't make NIC that easy. Without NIC no requests for goods. Without requests for goods no offers on market. Easy.

It is also much easier to get NIC on alpha than on beta. With level 3 kill missions or even level 1 transports, you can make NIC relative fast and very easy. On beta the risk is way higher while the reward is not. At least overall.

11 (edited by Knightvoid 2011-03-02 12:48:46)

Not all corporations can provide T2-T3-T4 equipment, even their players.
Sell on the market is not profitable. Dull, taxes, even on the OWN outpost!
Why do sales taxes ????????????????
Earnings for the NPC???? This is nonsense.
And why are there still NPC sell equipment that players can build??
And why there are things that can not be built?
Where is the promised free market, which a make Player??
No demand, it is not clear that they will buy, and that nobody wants.
Because they have to make a full price for an order, on demand.

Knightvoid wrote:

... Snip !
Why do sales taxes ????????????????
... Snip !
And why are there still NPC sell equipment that players can build??
... Snip !.

The answer to that first part is to allow for a "Trader" profession to exist. If you don't have the skills and attributes that reduce tax and fees then placing sell orders can cost more than insta selling. This discourages pure fighters for example and leaves room for the "Trader" career.

The answer to that second part is that sometimes nobody makes the item in question. In all cases the cost at which npcs sell items are so ridiculously high that it's possible to make a very comfortable margin on a segment which npcs populate.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

"Trader" profession  - not game skills, yhis is human skills.

All are selling something of value through trade chat. Because of these taxes. As a result, the market half-empty, because using it is not profitable. Download a separate character for commerce? IMHO it is stupid.

14 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-03-02 22:14:17)

All games need a money sink to avoid inflation Knightvoid. In the long-term is is very wise to have taxes and such so that the dev team and control NIC outflows.

The current low activity on the market is much more about the low game population than the taxes, since most people who sell large amounts have the tax reduction extension.

Regarding NPC sell orders, somewhat unnecessary by now, but it is still only for -some- standard items so I do not see this as a big issue.

Overall it is certainly a free market.

Andrew Redburn wrote:

Actually the main problem is you can't make NIC that easy. Without NIC no requests for goods. Without requests for goods no offers on market. Easy.

It is also much easier to get NIC on alpha than on beta. With level 3 kill missions or even level 1 transports, you can make NIC relative fast and very easy. On beta the risk is way higher while the reward is not. At least overall.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm holding off on major purchases myself. NIC is much more difficult to make now.  I suspect thats why much of the market has tanked lately.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

- with insurance payout reduced (due to popular exploit by ...)
- kernel payout reduced (due to popular demand of ... )
- alpha transport missions payout reduced (due to popular demand of ...)
- resource gathering slowed down (due to popular demand of ...)

how do i get enough NIC to buy things from the market?

the current monesinks mostly affect the starter, singleplayer or small corporations.
*sarcasm on*
but hey, NIC is way to easy to obtain, get your 5 accounts online, and do transport missions between alfpha island.
*sarcasm off*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

On the subject of drops, have the loot tables changed in the last week or so. I've killed hundreds of Supreme and Elite bots over the last seven or so days without a single named drop.

The insurance fraud scheme was artificially bouying the market, this is simply the consequence of a knee jerk reaction.

Jelan wrote:

The insurance fraud scheme was artificially bouying the market, this is simply the consequence of a knee jerk reaction.

Thank you for doing this to the game, it shows that while you voice your opinions steady on the forums, you care very much about the health of it.

We're in a vicious cycle at the moment, not enough pvp going on or dangerous pve to keep demand up.  Once there is a reason to pvp or people getting blown up doing pve we'll see a lot more demand on the market etc etc.

So come on devs give us the damn POS already!

I also think there are not enough goals. PvP in itself is not proving enough to drive the economy, there needs to be something expensive and desirable that encourages people to get rich and gives NIC value.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

The market needs a large active player base to be healthy. Pointing to anything else is just another symptom or declining population.

I know I'm just idling until the next patch, not buying or selling.

Its dead, Jim... ^^ Player markets need many more industrial types than currently exist.  It remains to be seen if thats going to improve any time soon.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

The self suffcient beta alliances don't need the market. They also don't have any incentive to over produce and sell to alpha, because they also don't need the NIC.

The alpha bases producers don't have the ct's to create the items in demand, because they don't have access to the kernels tomake prototypes.

The market is dead because the game focused changes have accomplished what they intended, to drive everyonr to beta; and to those that didn't want beta game, they drove away.

Arga wrote:

The self suffcient beta alliances don't need the market. They also don't have any incentive to over produce and sell to alpha, because they also don't need the NIC.

The alpha bases producers don't have the ct's to create the items in demand, because they don't have access to the kernels tomake prototypes.

The market is dead because the game focused changes have accomplished what they intended, to drive everyonr to beta; and to those that didn't want beta game, they drove away.

Yes you hit some of the key points in your post. The biggest problem is the fact that beta island corps / alliances don't need the market because they can produce everything themselves.

Could the new islands change this? Maybe... maybe not.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23