Topic: Goescanner charges

After feedback from new people I propose the following change:

Geoscanner charges should be available as a universal charge for the ore type.

Once loaded you would then choose from a geoscanner drop down menu if that charge is directional, area or universal.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Goescanner charges

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+2

+1

geoscanner are one of those things that make no sense to consume ammo...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Tbfh just remove area from the game, it's redundant and a relic of DEM OLDEN DAYS.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

9 (edited by Annihilator 2014-04-13 20:52:35)

Celebro wrote:

+1

what made you change your mind to change anything on geoscans? - your last opinion on this was:

Celebro wrote:

Why, area based is still useful that's how I used to find ore in the old days. Found it more involving, remove directional it's too easy now.

Celebro wrote:

Oh, just drop this Anni. There has to be wrong choices in order for other players to make the right ones.

took those quotes from this topic, 1.5 years ago:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … scan-ammo/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Syndic wrote:

Tbfh just remove area from the game, it's redundant and a relic of DEM OLDEN DAYS.

+1 its not even needed anymore, the only use for them used to be scanning down static fields on new islands you had never been to before.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

+1

what made you change your mind to change anything on geoscans? - your last opinion on this was:

Celebro wrote:

Why, area based is still useful that's how I used to find ore in the old days. Found it more involving, remove directional it's too easy now.

Celebro wrote:

Oh, just drop this Anni. There has to be wrong choices in order for other players to make the right ones.

took those quotes from this topic, 1.5 years ago:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … scan-ammo/

OP did not mention anything about removing area based charges. But tbh I don't care if they remove it, unless a better use is found.

RIP PERPETUUM

Area would be fine if it was universal and found all ore types. That would give it a reason to exist bow that directional are out.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

area would have a reason if they would display non abstract data.
Universal charges tell you how much exactly is in that tile under your robot. Area tells you something in %. I doubt anyone can say what it actually means.

This just confuses people needlessly.