Topic: New payment model features testing - March 2014

The test server is now up with the changes and features connected to the payment model change. (How to access the test server)

What you can test
  • Purchasing credits isn't possible yet of course, but you got a million of it for testing purposes.

• Renaming characters and corporations is available from the profile windows. For corporations this is only available for CEOs and Deputy CEOs.

• List of past names for characters and corps is visible on a new tab in their information windows.

• New Credit transaction tab under Agent profile/Transactions.

• EP downgrading can be done like in the past, the button is next to the upgrade/install button.

Based on your feedback and after some internal discussion, we have decided to not offer EP resets for now.

The cost of the extension downgrade feature is proportional to the refunded EP, so we'll see how people will use that. A separate EP reset may not even be needed besides that.

Known issues
  • Downgrading an extension is possible even if it's the minimum prerequisite level for another extension. This is not intended.

Updated: 2014-03-29 20:29 CET

Re: New payment model features testing - March 2014

Ok, you get server errors when trying to spend credits, so just look at the pretty icons for now big_smile

There was three freaking guys say no EP resets, come on Zoom..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4 (edited by Inda 2014-03-21 02:00:19)

Better to be care Ville.

The "prices" is proper? So we can calculate with this ?

I meant 240 PC for 9th extenison, this would 1 $/€ to downgrade.

7 200 for corp rename         ~ 30 $/€
2 400 for agent rename       ~ 10 $/€
2 400 for EP Booster            ~ 10 $/€

900 for (9) type ext. from 10 th     ~ 3,75 $/€
     64 for (2) type ext. from 8 th       ~ 0,267 $/€
      2  for (2) type ext. from 1 th       ~ 0,00833$/€

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ville: some very valid points were raised and we'd rather be cautious.

Inda: the values are not yet set in stone, especially for the extension downgrades, but we're happy with them at the moment. We're always open to the opinion of our players though.

In my opinion the down grade should not scale to the amount of EP it returns. I would rather it be a set amount of Pc/credits per extension level. Not all skills are equal some are much higher ranks so when downgrading thoes higher rank skills it costs much more $USD/Euro...

I think players would like to see more of a balance here .... or if you do keep it per EP returned lower the ratio so it "feels" like your getting a benefit for spending $ on these credits on downgrading

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

Not all skills are equal some are much higher ranks so when downgrading thoes higher rank skills it costs much more $USD/Euro...

That's the point of it actually smile If you have committed yourself to an extension and brought it up to high levels then it should cost more to downgrade it. But if you're just experimenting with a new extension and fiddling around in lower levels then you should have it easier if you change your mind. This isn't meant for completely respeccing a character. (Or if you really want to do that, well...)

At the current rates 2400 credits let you refund exactly 100 days worth of EP. We think that's a reasonable ratio that will enable players to make corrections to their builds without revamping everything. Making the price scale with the EP also helps new players experiment more and to keep veterans from overusing this feature.

9 (edited by Burial 2014-03-21 12:00:10)

Is it possible to downgrade below starting extension levels? (That would be nice.)

1. The icon and the yellow Get More are design wise too overbearing. I would remove the yellow icon and "Get More" link and just make the "Credits" clickable. It will still stand out that way but with a lot less clutter.

2. I'm happy by the way you implemented downgrading. People are still allowed to clean up their characters but straight up switches that require a lot of EP freeing will be too expensive. Good job! (The conversion ratio is static 60 EP per PC?)

Burial wrote:

(The conversion ratio is static 60 EP per PC?)

yes

will there be different prices for PC depending on the amount buy buy? similar like you get the sub a bit cheaper when you buy up front for a year.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

will there be different prices for PC depending on the amount buy buy? similar like you get the sub a bit cheaper when you buy up front for a year.

That's the plan, yes.

make free downgrade EP>
do not make good conditions for older players, always different tactics this is a problem for them. so they argue about reset EP

Just @ Game

opening map crahes my client the test server.

15 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-21 14:09:57)

Grrrrrrrrrr

make EP reset too expensive to do more than once in a while

ffs

So hmm 10$ for three months EP reset?  Id say that is expensive enough not to worry about Cassiusisms

DEV BoyC wrote:

Ville: some very valid points were raised and we'd rather be cautious.

Inda: the values are not yet set in stone, especially for the extension downgrades, but we're happy with them at the moment. We're always open to the opinion of our players though.

Really digging those Raman Noodles.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

opening map crahes my client the test server.

Always upload crashes. It even sends you back crash IDs now so you can refer back to them.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Gunner wrote:

So hmm 10$ for three months EP reset?  Id say that is expensive enough not to worry about Cassiusisms

Works.

The impressions that I get and I think a lot of other new people to the game will get is that " downgrading is about slowly re specializing your character. Players have in the past "committed" to high level extensions for tactical combat purposes ... mechanics in game change .... now that player would not have done the same thing by spending EP in the same way because the mechanics are different. .... This goes way way back ...

I have no issue with it costing more to downgrade high level skills as long as its balanced, I do have an issue when players operate under on set of rules committing EP in specific ways and then the rules are re written and the player is left out in the cold(gamma changes / Spark changes / follow Bot changes / would be the most recent changes). <<

I think as long as core mechanics are in question then players should not have to p[ay such a high price (risk) in spending EP, If there are no resets Its fine but then that also should be there should be no changes to the cor mechanics of game play(changing the rules).

I support A EP reset for all accounts that are eligible for the lifetime Game, with the understanding that You guys are also committed to not changing core game mechanics after the gamma wipe and steam.     

TLDR; I commit to skilling my characters according to the current mechanics of the game ... when thoes core mechanics change I should be able change my skills to as well (with out having to pay hundreds of dollars for it).

DEV Zoom wrote:
Tux wrote:

Not all skills are equal some are much higher ranks so when downgrading thoes higher rank skills it costs much more $USD/Euro...

That's the point of it actually smile If you have committed yourself to an extension and brought it up to high levels then it should cost more to downgrade it. But if you're just experimenting with a new extension and fiddling around in lower levels then you should have it easier if you change your mind. This isn't meant for completely respeccing a character. (Or if you really want to do that, well...)

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The test server has been updated just now:

• You should be able to spend credits now. Try extension downgrading, the EP booster, and renaming.

• EP accumulation has been switched to the daily package system. The first package should arrive tomorrow at 11:00 server time.

• Fixed NPC AI, they should not suicide teleport around anymore.

21 (edited by Burial 2014-03-29 21:03:05)

Would be nice to downgrade below starting extensions to 0. Why don't you want to allow it?

0 should be working, it does for me. (ah you edited smile )

We don't allow going below starting levels because that's EP you didn't spend, nothing would happen if you downgrade.

If you could make it work it would be nice. smile Unless I'm the only one who would like that of course.

- Create new character.
- Downgrade ALL the extensions!
- Delete character for 2880 EP.
- Repeat.
- Profit!

when will run the test server?

Just @ Game