Topic: How to access the public test server

Summary of important stuff about the PTS and how to access it:

Installer for the test client:
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fil … p_test.exe
(If you have an old installation that's fine too, it will update itself.)

• Don't install into the same folder as your live client.

• After it’s installed, copy over your Local.gbf file from your normal installation so you don’t have to configure your settings and arrange your windows again.

• Everyone got a lot of NIC and EP for testing.

• Everything is available on the market for 1 NIC.

• Database is always mirrored from the live server when a larger testing project begins.

If you have a STEAM client, here's how:

• Open your game library, right-click Perpetuum, click Properties, select "Betas", and select "Test server access" from the dropdown: http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … ta-opt.png

• This will disable your "real" client - but don't worry, you can switch back at any time using the same method and selecting "NONE" from the dropdown box.

There is no connection between the live and test database, so don't worry about doing silly things.

Important: PvP on the test server should be always consensual, even on PvP islands. This also includes base attacks on gamma. Players disturbing the testing process of others will be banned from the test server.

Re: How to access the public test server

Strange I cant start my testclients, I tried 2 times download the game but nothing changed.

I press left mouse button and nothing happening expect the little blue circle near to the cursor for few sec, I dont have any idea what is wrong. I tried start as adming or anything but dont help.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Sounds interesting I'll check it out when I get off work tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

If you have a Steam client, here's how:

• Open your game library, right-click Perpetuum, click Properties, select "Betas", and select "Test server access" from the dropdown: http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … ta-opt.png

• This will disable your "real" client - but don't worry, you can switch back at any time using the same method and selecting "NONE" from the dropdown box.

I've seen other games have two separate versions so that you don't have to switch between versions and have conflicting files. Is this not possible for Perpetuum due to price?

I don't know of such possibility (yet).

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

6 (edited by Alexander 2014-05-05 13:24:07)

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I don't know of such possibility (yet).

I've only seen it on Valve games so that might explain it. Testing the beta options and it works just fine. Woo!
No extra downloads required, seems to stash things separately.

Just got to install two separate clients for a side by side testing.

I tried using the steam version to get on the test server, but when i did i had to a) create a new character and b) did not have "alot of ep and nic". Some kind of bug related to steam accounts?

Jarbroslav wrote:

I tried using the steam version to get on the test server, but when i did i had to a) create a new character and b) did not have "alot of ep and nic". Some kind of bug related to steam accounts?

The test server obviously has its own database, which is only sporadically mirrored from the live server. Your account on the test server is probably a copy from a time when you didn't have a character on the live server yet.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jarbroslav wrote:

The test server obviously has its own database, which is only sporadically mirrored from the live server. Your account on the test server is probably a copy from a time when you didn't have a character on the live server yet.

That would explain it!

I would like to see the status of the test server on the website and why off the server and when it will be available.

Just @ Game

It crashed, but it's back up now.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It crashed, but it's back up now.

leave (exit)  terminal = crashed client

Just @ Game

13 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-23 05:59:08)

Zoom, you following other Gamma feedback/suggestion threads? Any comments coming soon?

Rage Rex wrote:

Zoom, you following other Gamma feedback/suggestion threads? Any comments coming soon?

Yes.

is the test server up ? I followed the steps from this post above but it connects to the live game

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:

is the test server up ? I followed the steps from this post above but it connects to the live game

once the pts client updates to connect to the live server, its not PTS client anymore. unless something has changed, that means you have to reinstall it

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Test client + server will be back in a few hours, be patient.

The test server + client is back online; if you tried using the vanilla test client in the last ~24-36 hours, please install it again because it may have permanently reverted into a live client. Steam test clients should be unaffected.

quick reinstall of PTS can be done by simply installing it again in that existing PTS folder - it will replace the live-client exe with the PTS one and allow you to log in without downloading more then a few megabytes.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

In the betas tab of the steam properties I do not have an option for test server, it only says "NONE - opt out of all beta programs". Is there a way to opt in?

Aha! Found an option to opt in under steam profile, settings, account, beta participation.

22 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-06-27 23:14:02)

Any chance of a more recent snapshot of the server or just the characters?
A lot of the newer guys can't log into the test server.

+1
-Confucius

When i try to log in on PTS, i get a message "Error: item not found" between logging in and agent selection.
The loading bar then stops at 45%

Annihilator wrote:

When i try to log in on PTS, i get a message "Error: item not found" between logging in and agent selection.
The loading bar then stops at 45%

Seems like an individual account problem, we'll check.

This should have been clear, but:

PvP on the test server should be always consensual, even on PvP islands. This also includes base attacks on gamma. Players disturbing the testing process of others will be banned from the test server.